Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access E-Mail ?

Has anyone had any word about this ? Two days from the start of early access (from some) and there's nada, should we perhaps expect it Monday ? Or just try to log in on Tuesday..

Comments

• RyukeRyuke Member Posts: 58

I had an email last week with the client download link and also notification that invite emails will start going out on 13th Dec. Did you have that at least? If so, there won't be anything until Tuesday at the earliest depending on when you entered your early access key after pre-order etc etc.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You don't get the email until whatever day you get in to early access, for example if you get in on the 13th you'll get one informing you that morning, if you get in on the 17th same thing goes.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480
    They said they will send an email on the day you get your access. If you ordered within the first week of pre-orders then your most likely to get in on the 13th. If you ordered within the last 2 months you might get 1 day :P

• Originally posted by evianwater

Has anyone had any word about this ? Two days from the start of early access (from some) and there's nada, should we perhaps expect it Monday ? Or just try to log in on Tuesday..

they will be sending you your email on the day you get access, not before

Early Game Access *starts* on December 13th. Emails will be sent on the day you get access.

Yes, this is different from previously advertised. I'll post in Forums later with more details.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19772-swtor-early-access-starts-december-13

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by evianwater

Are the forums even up yet?  Since they do everything through their forum website, you won't get squat till its back up....So its a big wait and see....They said they will start opening the gates to the themepark on the 13th which is Monday so.....

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

Appreciate the answers, I must've missed that tidbit of information when reading the pre-load email and such. I pre-ordered the day they started pre-orders, and finals end on the 12th..so fingers are crossed for the 13th !

That said, I do wish they would've emailed earlier, just so people could plan accordingly.

13th is Tuesday, and I believe I read that it would start at 7am CST.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

13th is Tuesday, and I believe I read that it would start at 7am CST.

7 am CST whats that in gmt+1?

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

Early Game Access may begin as early as December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET).

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by NasherUK

They said they will send an email on the day you get your access. If you ordered within the first week of pre-orders then your most likely to get in on the 13th. If you ordered within the last 2 months you might get 1 day :P

One day of EGA for anyone is highly doubtly.   During the stress test weekend, they had around 750k in 2 days time of staggering access.  It was going to be done in 3 stages but was brought down to 2 stages because it went suprisingly well.   They now have alot more servers for EGA and will front load more players instead of leaving it at the back end.  

So it's not going to take 6 whole days to get 1+ million or so EGA players in the game.  I just think it's mostly wishful thinking on the part of people that pre-ordered early to get as much time on thier given servers a greater head start on other players.

Originally posted by BarryManilow

One day of EGA for anyone is highly doubtly.   During the stress test weekend, they had around 750k in 2 days time of staggering access.  It was going to be done in 3 stages but was brought down to 2 stages because it went suprisingly well.   They now have alot more servers for EGA and will front load more players instead of leaving it at the back end.  

So it's not going to take 6 whole days to get 1+ million or so EGA players in the game.  I just think it's mostly wishful thinking on the part of people that pre-ordered early to get as much time on thier given servers a great head start on other players.

As someone who pre-ordered early I'd love to see the staggered access be done quickly, having bought TOR for a friend only last month, it'd be nice to have some Early Access time with them before all the christmas holiday engagements start.

• haddock1haddock1 Member Posts: 37

Anyone know if you can play with the beta version or do you have to download the new client?

So it's not going to take 6 whole days to get 1+ million or so EGA players in the game.  I just think it's mostly wishful thinking on the part of people that pre-ordered early to get as much time on thier given servers a great head start on other players.

As someone who pre-ordered early I'd love to see the staggered access be done quickly, having bought TOR for a friend only last month, it'd be nice to have some Early Access time with them before all the christmas holiday engagements start.

Yeap the same here.  I would like to play with friends that ordered later then me.   

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

If you played Nov 25 or later. You do NOT need to DL a new version. Just patch your current version.

Originally posted by haddock1

Anyone know if you can play with the beta version or do you have to download the new client?

Can't play beta anymore as you would have to get pass thier login server and that's impossible without access.  You will only have to re-download your old cilent if you beta tested before Thanksgiving weekend.

• dziachadziacha Member Posts: 2

Thye will be opening new servers during EA and even after, so if you are planning to start playing 20th of December you can choose a fresh opened server without ppl lvl 50 already.

Everyone will get at last 2 days of EA.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Early Access is based on when you registered the key with an account on the SWtOR site. So for example,my guildie bought and registered the CE on 07/21 so he will likely get in day 1(13th). I purchased on 07/21 but didn't realize early access hinged on registering (e.g. I thought all pre-orders got in same day, like most MMOS) so I didn't register until 09/18 (sigh..I had to go look at my registration date for this post...I thought I did it in August) so likely won't get in until Thursday or Friday at best.

This staggered roll-out was my only real gripe with the game and it's release. I figure if folks order early, particularly those who pay $150 bucks for a CE should be allowed access from day 1. *shrug* Another long week ahead. At least I dashed my hopes of a miracle access on Tuesday or Wednesday NOW so I can plan my work schedule in advance.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I put my code in the day that you could (20th of  July or something like thay) and haven't got the email.

Though I did cancel my pre order so don't know if they keep record of the keys, not too bothered anyways I didn't like the beta.

Everyone will get at least 2 days EGA.  I predict almost 75% or more of the players who pre-ordered be playing by thursday.  It all depends how each day the servers look like.  It will be pretty fluid and not set in stone, which is the reasoning behind not giving people a few days notice on when they can play.  Because it can and will change that day.

• Toxx1Toxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 4

They put out a post saying that we should all have our e-mails monday about the GUILD and what server it is on. As for early access you will not get a e-mail till they day you are allowed on.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Can't play beta anymore as you would have to get pass thier login server and that's impossible without access.  You will only have to re-download your old cilent if you beta tested before Thanksgiving weekend.

This is not entirely true.  If you played in the stress test beta, it was posted that all you needed to do was update your build.  I think that took me all of 20 minutes... give or take.

Guild servers will be finalized on Monday.  Emails for EGA will be sent on THE DAY that you can play (supposedly).

P.S.  I'm fairly sure what we'll see is that a majority of players will be playing by Thursday/Friday.  If I were running this stunt, all the month 1 people would be in day 1 (Jul->mid-Aug), day 2 would be month 2 (mid-Aug->mid-Sep), day 3 would be month 3(mid-Sept->mid-Oct), day 4 would be EVERYONE else.  That gives the people who just preordered a whole weekends worth of access.  The other goal would be for the 1st group to get the heck out of the starter area on day 1 to clear out for others.  This would go on down the line so that all the EGA'rs will be atleast off the first planet by launch thus reducing some of the load/server times for actual launch.

Originally posted by Ikeda

This is not entirely true.  If you played in the stress test beta, it was posted that all you needed to do was update your build.  I think that took me all of 20 minutes... give or take.

Guild servers will be finalized on Monday.  Emails for EGA will be sent on THE DAY that you can play (supposedly).

P.S.  I'm fairly sure what we'll see is that a majority of players will be playing by Thursday/Friday.  If I were running this stunt, all the month 1 people would be in day 1 (Jul->mid-Aug), day 2 would be month 2 (mid-Aug->mid-Sep), day 3 would be month 3(mid-Sept->mid-Oct), day 4 would be EVERYONE else.  That gives the people who just preordered a whole weekends worth of access.  The other goal would be for the 1st group to get the heck out of the starter area on day 1 to clear out for others.  This would go on down the line so that all the EGA'rs will be atleast off the first planet by launch thus reducing some of the load/server times for actual launch.

Trust me, people that pre-ordered very early will not need a whole day to get out of the starter area.  1 hour tops as they were the ones beta testing this, knowing the game inside and out.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Seems like a bad plan to me.  Going to stress out a lot of eager fans, waiting all day every day, until they get the email.  Why not just tell people when they get in?  They could send out all the emails at once(ish) saying you get in on the 13th at 1pm, you get in on the 14th at 7am, you get in on the 15th at 5pm, etc, etc..

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

"Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile."

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Maryhiff

Originally posted by Digna

Early Access is based on when you registered the key with an account on the SWtOR site. So for example,my guildie bought and registered the CE on 07/21 so he will likely get in day 1(13th). I purchased on 07/21 but didn't realize early access hinged on registering (e.g. I thought all pre-orders got in same day, like most MMOS) so I didn't register until 09/18 (sigh..I had to go look at my registration date for this post...I thought I did it in August) so likely won't get in until Thursday or Friday at best.

This staggered roll-out was my only real gripe with the game and it's release. I figure if folks order early, particularly those who pay $150 bucks for a CE should be allowed access from day 1. *shrug* Another long week ahead. At least I dashed my hopes of a miracle access on Tuesday or Wednesday NOW so I can plan my work schedule in advance.

I think you will get invite for the 13th or the 14th.

Your words to their ears. On the good side whichever day, my guild leader should be logging in within the first wave(s) day one to make sure the guild is completely ready to go when the rest of us start popping in. We're coordinating via Facebook and email so that people stay connected.