Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After playing SWTOR... why would anyone play wow?

Comments

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by Zezel

Originally posted by obii

Because I dislike Star Wars.

The movies are fairy tales for children and that is what I associate with Star wars.

Give me Grimm and Grittty Science Fiction, like Blade Runner, Aliens, Neuromancer.

Huh?  The whole MMORPG genre is a fairytale.

AFI was Star Wars as 15th for top US movies in history. It must really suck to have the 15th best movie in US history.

make that top 4 :)

Thanks for the update, last I knew it was 15th and to lazy this morning to look.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by lizardbones

actually they are jumping of cliffs, not to kill themselves tho, but to get into the water for migration purposes (eg, when a population grows too big)

:

How long do you think it would take to make this discussion about lemmings? Do you think the people who like SWToR would argue for lemmings jumping off of cliffs, or would the opposite be true?

I move to have peta intervene on behalf of the lemmings so that they can save them from themselves.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Because WoW is much better? ToR has slightly better graphics, thats it

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

Everybody will play swtor and here's why:

in WoW:

"The enemy has item x,y,z and we need it! go get it" (text)

in Swtor:

"The enemy has item x,y,z and we need it! go get it" (voice)

in WoW:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 3

in Swtor:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4

See? those significant differences clearly make Swotor the much superior game.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by returnintor

Originally posted by Sovrath

Probably becaus some people don't like the art designg or the voice overs or the story.

The things that you are touting as virtues are also things that others have decried.

Personally SWToR is more my speed for a themepark game (never got into wow) but I can easily see why others wouldn't want to play it.

LO, if you didn't get into WoW, you will never, ever get into SWTOR. For all your enthusiams and mad support for this game, I give you two months before you uninstall.

if he plays for two months then he has got good value out of it. people wont play an mmo for 6 years ever again.

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by mithoss

in WoW:

in Swtor:

in WoW:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 3

in Swtor:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4

I C wat you did thar

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by mindw0rk

star wars is a better more widely know IP than warcraft, most people don't know anything about warcraft but everyone knows what star wars is.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by mithoss

in WoW:

in Swtor:

in WoW:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 3

in Swtor:

Tab, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4

Ha ha ha. That was a good a good one and I'm not being sarcastic.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Originally posted by nerovipus32

star wars is a better more widely know IP than warcraft, most people don't know anything about warcraft but everyone knows what star wars is.

SW universe sucks, plain and simple. Stupid jedies and wookies

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Blasphim

actually they are jumping of cliffs, not to kill themselves tho, but to get into the water for migration purposes (eg, when a population grows too big)

:

How long do you think it would take to make this discussion about lemmings? Do you think the people who like SWToR would argue for lemmings jumping off of cliffs, or would the opposite be true?

I move to have peta intervene on behalf of the lemmings so that they can save them from themselves.

That would interfere with their innate free will. You'll get darkside points for sure.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Smitty88Smitty88 Member Posts: 103

3-6 months from now all you TOR fangirls will be jumping ship to GW2 saying the same crap you all say when a new game comes out and nothing will change. You all are too funny.

• Smitty88Smitty88 Member Posts: 103

Can you be any more ignorant?

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Smitty88

Can you be any more ignorant?

I think he means in comparison to Star Wars. Outside the gaming community people may have heard of Warcraft, and thats all whilst absolutely everyone knows what Star Wars is.

That would interfere with their innate free will. You'll get darkside points for sure.

You do not know the POWER of the dark side.....

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by returnintor

Originally posted by Malckiah

Or

1. TOR has way more and larger zones to explore than wow.... at any time.

Ho ho. No it doesn't not by a long, long shot. SWTOR is tiny.

2. TOR has an individual story for each class that you get to decide how it goes through your choices.... in wow there basically is no story unless you want to READ about killing rats to save the planet...lol.

Exactly. ONE story you HAVE to do. And millions of other people have exactly tghe same one. And there are plenty of excellent stories in WoW. It helps of course if you can read but many of the later stories are now animated and voiced.

3. In TOR you can click past the dialogue if you wish, but why would you....it's amazing.... at least if your not a drone.

The dialogue is not amazing at all. It's incredibly bad TVM dialogue. Really, clunky and embarrassing. The NPC animations while they're saying it make it even more risible.

4. TOR has an incredible endgame indeed.

LOL. Oh dear oh dear.

5. TOR is set up with the social aspect in mind and will start out with several million people to get it going.

I sure am looking forward to playing Pazaak in those cantinas or maybe dancing in a band or just cooking some nice food or maybe even sitting down in a chair... Oh wait. You can't do any of those things.

6. My cute jawa companion is just that.... a companion. But in wow you actually will be the kung fu Po panda.....lol

Exactly. In SWTOR you can be one type of differently coloured-human. In WoW you can be a werewolf, a zombie, a minotaur, a gnome...

7. Wow is already afraid!

Yes. Afraid you might self-harm when you realise exactly what you've got after five years of mad hopes and dreams.

Completely clueless. Tell me, which of WoW's heroic 5mans have bosses with strict enrage timers? And how exactly is WoW's endgame "incredible"?  Maybe because a semi decent guild on a semi dead server (my guild) killed Cataclysm's final boss in 2 resets ?! Incredible indeed. 

Of course you can skip endgame and go down this route: 1)activate the dungeon finder 2)get ported inside a 5man or a raid together with 4 or 9 or 24 strangers from different realms 3)faceroll over your keyboard till the bosses are down 4)get your shiny purples 5)port out back to SW or Orgrimmar. Rinse and repeat. WoW sets new standards in the social aspect. 

Enjoy your pandas and pokemon battles in the next expansion.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by parrotpholk

This thread proves why you should play neither.  The community in both is going to be horrid with a bunch of 4 yr olds spouting insults every 5 seconds.  Both games have strong and weak points but other than burn out I cannot see why anyone would leave Azeroth for TOR.  TOR makes WOW look like EVE in terms of depth right now 8 yrs old or not.

Actually this proves that you are just another hater jumping in every ocassion to bash TOR. Just like 8 year olds.

I especially liked your comment regarding WoW's depth.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Ive played far too many MMOs to count, and WoW is by far the only one to hold my interest for long. To me the graphics are beautiful still, but I love the art direction and the level of polish. The combat is fast and fun, and the lore and races feel really well done and unique.

I havent played SWTOR yet, but from what i've seen it looks rather slow combat wise. I also do not care for the big single player story line part of the game. I think that is taking the whole quest hub concept a tad bit too far. But thats just my opinion...

Originally posted by Shodanas

This thread proves why you should play neither.  The community in both is going to be horrid with a bunch of 4 yr olds spouting insults every 5 seconds.  Both games have strong and weak points but other than burn out I cannot see why anyone would leave Azeroth for TOR.  TOR makes WOW look like EVE in terms of depth right now 8 yrs old or not.

Actually this proves that you are just another hater jumping in every ocassion to bash TOR. Just like 8 year olds.

He does make a good point though...do you really think only the good parts of the WoW community will quit to play SWTOR?

Lots of annoying little kids love Star Wars, you might get a whole new breed of idiot!

Personally, WoW losing a lot of subs would be a good thing, maybe I could finally go into Goldshire again.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

SWTOR will not bring in a large female fanbase like WoW does, especially in Asia, its not cute enough. I think WoW is still the better game right now, but that should change as SWTOR starts its journey

Originally posted by Shodanas

A realistic account of people does not equal hating.  I do not play WOW but will play TOR simply because there is one story line I want to see play out and thats it.  To me it is KOTOR 3.  I have zero intention of joining a clan since my run in the game will most likely bately be more than the 30 day mark but it will give me my 60 dollars worth and will not be upset with my purchase.  I will pug the flash points and skip the instanced pvp.   So I am not bashing TOR because I can see very good points in it but I also have zero idea why anyone who still enjoys WOW as an MMO would jump to TOR for its MMO aspects.  And as an MMO WOW is deeper.

I call BS on this.  I still play wow, I will still be raiding with my guild for a bit even after I start playing Tor.  I have been playing wow damn near since launch.  WoW is not deeper...it's older.  Lore wise, Tor wins out.  SW lore is pretty strict in what can and cannot happen....Blizz has shot the warcraft lore full of holes, then used spakle and tried to call it brick to appease the lore fans (myself in that group).

Lore is about the only "depth" I can think of in a game.  Mechanics are not really depth to me, some are better than others, and wow and tor are both fine.  So how exactly is WoW deeper as an MMO?

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

3-6 months from now all you TOR fangirls will be jumping ship to GW2 saying the same crap you all say when a new game comes out and nothing will change. You all are too funny.

I really hope they stay in clone wars with voices but i agree its going to br funny reading all the pathetic excuses on why clone wars with voices didn't work.It will be the "bioware nerf my sith warrior" excuse.Going to be funny reminding them of there over the top fangirl worship

• Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by Rikus25

LoL, WoW have almost 7 years in the market, with how many expansions?. Swtor is not even out, and still is an amazing game, can you imagine swtor with few Updates and expansion?, guess not, but dont worry u will have the kunfu panda/ pokemon expansion soon enough.  

back to topic, after the last beta, i just cant play any other MMO in the market anymore.

LOL. You know I actually was contemplating going back and playing wow and also having a subscript with TOR. One fantasy and one sci-fi but when I read and seen the new expansion coming out I just forget it. Between the stupid motorcycle mount and Kung Fu Panda the only thing Blizzard is missing at this point is Jack Blacks voice over yelling Skaaa Doosch. Guess I will just have Rift as my Fantasy game until a new worth while fantasy game comes out.

I dont currently play or even like WoW, but I really can't understand all this angst about a Panda race. I mean really, the game has had cow people for how long? And lots of other animal humanoids as NPCs. What makes Pandarens more rediculous than the existing world? The motorbike has been in the game for quite a while too, since Northrend I believe.

WoW has always been childish. Some people liked that, some people didnt. But claiming that it started being childish with MoP is just... mind boggling. I think all the kids playing WoW just suddenly got a reality check that they arent as mature as they would like to think that they are.

Well the cows are Tauren, who are mythical beasts.  Pandas are just pandas.  Blizzard crossed the line with the panda land thing.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Aren't YOU the eternal optomist :D

We'll be lucky if we're playing GW2 by Christmas next year.  And yes, I"ll be adding it to my stable of games (WoW, LOTRO, SWTOR)

Originally posted by Omni1rbb

Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by Rikus25

LoL, WoW have almost 7 years in the market, with how many expansions?. Swtor is not even out, and still is an amazing game, can you imagine swtor with few Updates and expansion?, guess not, but dont worry u will have the kunfu panda/ pokemon expansion soon enough.  

back to topic, after the last beta, i just cant play any other MMO in the market anymore.

LOL. You know I actually was contemplating going back and playing wow and also having a subscript with TOR. One fantasy and one sci-fi but when I read and seen the new expansion coming out I just forget it. Between the stupid motorcycle mount and Kung Fu Panda the only thing Blizzard is missing at this point is Jack Blacks voice over yelling Skaaa Doosch. Guess I will just have Rift as my Fantasy game until a new worth while fantasy game comes out.

I dont currently play or even like WoW, but I really can't understand all this angst about a Panda race. I mean really, the game has had cow people for how long? And lots of other animal humanoids as NPCs. What makes Pandarens more rediculous than the existing world? The motorbike has been in the game for quite a while too, since Northrend I believe.

WoW has always been childish. Some people liked that, some people didnt. But claiming that it started being childish with MoP is just... mind boggling. I think all the kids playing WoW just suddenly got a reality check that they arent as mature as they would like to think that they are.

Well the cows are Tauren, who are mythical beasts.  Pandas are just pandas.  Blizzard crossed the line with the panda land thing.

Cat race would have been ok though I bet eh? MOP looks fun to me.

• Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Member Posts: 83

SWTOR, AoC, LOTRO, AION, EQ, AO. L2, EQ2, DAOC, EVE = All better games than WoW :)

Why bother arguing with the WoW fanbots?  They'll just spew the same nonsesical statements like "it's got beautiful graphics and deep and complex pvp with lots of social options and the best end game ever...derp"