Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: It's a Gem of a Game

124»

Comments

• FuriantFuriant Member UncommonPosts: 30

I loved Vanguard, but of all the issues people mention here, it was the GUI that drove me away. It was clunky, sluggish, nearly carved in stone. I always felt like I was wrestling with it - total immersion breaker. To win my heart they'd need to make the GUI far more flexible and customizable. 

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

as a matter of fact, i just started playing VG today, but i am enjoying more than i ever did with all the F2Ps recently, and i hadn't had more fun start of a MMO since the Vanilla days,

yes, the graphics are not the best compared to games like LOTRO or AOC, but i think it's ok, the community is fun as far as i know, almost everyone i met at IoD was replying me back and it is actually pretty alive

now i know that it's the starting area and it's crowded than the rest of the world, and i can't say much as i am still in the IoD, but it's been giving me a decent start with what i seen so far

VG is dead? i'd say far from it, all we need is more players, and theres even a new content coming out at the end of the year

So What Now?

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

If this wan't an SOE game I think more people would be willing to give it another chance. Lets be honest here anyone who thinks that SOE is going to devote a ton of resources to this game 4-5 years after they came in to possession of it is fooling themsleves. You might get an update or two so you keep paying until they release one of their new MMO's but after that do you really believe VG has a bright future ahead of it?

• BigGayNormanBigGayNorman Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by GreenHell

If this wan't an SOE game I think more people would be willing to give it another chance. Lets be honest here anyone who thinks that SOE is going to devote a ton of resources to this game 4-5 years after they came in to possession of it is fooling themsleves. You might get an update or two so you keep paying until they release one of their new MMO's but after that do you really believe VG has a bright future ahead of it?

It is such a shame SOE sacked this game off.

Originally posted by BigGayNorman

I dont disagree with you. I've said "it had so much potential" about a few SOE games. They just never follow through or worse yet they destroy the game. For VG to get the kind of love it deserves it would have to be sold to a company that actually cares about it's customers and it's reputation.

• BigGayNormanBigGayNorman Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by GreenHell

Originally posted by BigGayNorman

I dont disagree with you. I've said "it had so much potential" about a few SOE games. They just never follow through or worse yet they destroy the game. For VG to get the kind of love it deserves it would have to be sold to a company that actually cares about it's customers and it's reputation.

Agree entirely.  Dam if your photo were not so hideous I'd be inviting you to the nearest Harvester.

LOL..umm..thanks..I think

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Silius is still the main man responsible for breaking this once awesome game. GG silius, you still stink as a lead developer.

How is that update coming? When was the last time he posted on the VG boards? How is that test server? Taste the failure, Mr. Rudolph the reindeer that flys year round. Slappy dance - just  a handful of his failures. Don't forget Gnomes with laser guns and robots!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

when they make EQ NEXT i do hope that they do it in the same mould has vanguard and not the same has the usual trash thats come out of late..i dont blame sony for vanguard on release but its been their responsibility since they took over from sigil..bugs wise they have done a good job crushing them,but if they had taken the time to advertise,put more content amongst other stuff,i do think that vanguard would have been a small success.but instead they kept it down so that it would,nt compete with EQ2.that is their fault.and they deserve the bad press for doing that

When you neglect something and then have the cheek to ask people to pay for it ,you get what you deserve.and sony have got what they deserve.i do hope they learn big time from this,if not their mmo dept is finished.

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103

Always loved Vanguard, but the game has no support. No new content, nothing.

• sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 29

As years go by. I still wonder if they would ever invest more talent, Seems Vanguards future is near its end.

This is the part where cameron goes berserk!

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Vanguard is Cinderella with SoE as a fairy godmother. No magic.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Vanguard is Cinderella with SoE as a fairy godmother. No magic.

Yes

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Vanguard is like Greg Oden and SOE is his knees. So much potential but no support.

• guardinnerguardinner Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by korvass

I was there at the start of this game, and while it as beautiful, huge and open, some things just didn't entertain me:

1. Dull character models and armour.

2. The world itself seemed unpopulated, sparse, and bereft of soul. NPCs would just stand around doing nothing - or in the case of dark elves, would do rediculous crap like stand around and fart or burp - or would just walk a dull, monotonous set path down a corridor and back again.

I agree, I was in at the very start and had high hopes for this game - it just failed to live up to expectations, was buggy, lack of population etc. I left and although I tried again recently (about a month ago) I didn't notice that there were other players about and so I left again. Shame really, this had so much potential if only SOE had a brain to share amongst them they could have been more successful with other games too (SWG comes to mind).