Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiverse....?

WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Hello IoW folks..

Just curious of something. I remember seeing your game on the Multiverse platform and just noticed you're still using it (at least their website indicates so). How've they been doing with that platform? When I tried it out, the performance was pretty bad and they were still working on implementing some more "standard" features you'd expect from even a baseline 3D game.

So how's Multiverse working out for y'all these days?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
- Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Comments

• NeojacNeojac Member UncommonPosts: 157

Well they have been busy with some projects as I can tell, and is still going forward. We have been using them for a long time and thus at this point we have added allot more functionality than what they currently have in thier public release. One of the big things was that we have added a Data Base system to bring assets and also game aspects like quests and items into the game without touching any code. We will be using this system for our Builders Club which will allow players to build and even sell their own Islands and storyline they develop with our assets.The performance is still not top notch as the client side is lacking a bit, but we first wanted to get all the systems in place and working that's needed before we start to upgrade the client. With that said if you are using the proper computer that has the specifications to run the software then you should be fine. With our closed beta you will definitely see what can be done with the software, although it did take allot of work on our side.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

We dont use the Multiverse platform any more but have developed our own engine called Atavism Online. You can visit our engine website for update on it at www.atavismonline.com . This engine alows real time creation of a world with the tools set in the game itself.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Neojac

We dont use the Multiverse platform any more but have developed our own engine called Atavism Online. You can visit our engine website for update on it at www.atavismonline.com . This engine alows real time creation of a world with the tools set in the game itself.

I can't say I blame you for moving away from Multiverse. That is/was a pretty awful platform. It's like they set out on this path with this grand idea, and then just sorta decided not to finish it.

As I noted in another thread, yours (and I think one other, though not as much) was the only project being built with it that seemed to give it any legitimacy at all. I remember your demo was an early one... I remember an area sort of high on a hillside with a sort of forest of large thorny looking things. 

Question about your platform, is there a way to get a demo/review version of it? Even a 30 day or whatever? I'm in the pre-productions stages of a project and am looking at different solutions. I looked on your site but didn't see any videos or anything of it either, although the site still looks pretty "new", so perhaps you're still in the process of populating it.

Edit: Okay, nevermind.. I just came across the article where you mention that it's being released along with your game. Question answered!

From reading its description, it almost sounds like you're going for the same "World Portal" idea that Multiverse was using. Is that the case, or can titles be developed as stand-alone projects with it? Actually, looking at the Atavism launcher itself, it looks a lot like it's based off the Multiverse client itself. I know MV went Open Source... so that would probably explain it :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

We followed the setup they had as it was much easier to convert all our content we had from before by them to our own platform. We will have different options available for developers who want to develop their own title on the platform. We are basically catering to players who want to have the sandbox experience to the advanced developer who is building a full fledged game. If you want to have your own client login system apart from the atavism platform for your players , that is possible. To test the platform out feel free to play our beta version of our game, the building section will be available for everyone in about two weeks.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Neojac

We followed the setup they had as it was much easier to convert all our content we had from before by them to our own platform. We will have different options available for developers who want to develop their own title on the platform. We are basically catering to players who want to have the sandbox experience to the advanced developer who is building a full fledged game. If you want to have your own client login system apart from the atavism platform for your players , that is possible. To test the platform out feel free to play our beta version of our game, the building section will be available for everyone in about two weeks.

Ahh okay.. Yeah I noticed some similarities. That makes sense. I'm guessing you changed a number of things "under the hood", then? I remember MV having rather poor performance when I tried it. Though I think they since moved to an open source rendering engine... Ogre3D-powered if I'm not mistaken...?

That said, I have actually created an account for IoW, but am unable to get in.

The first time I tried, last night, it basically kicked me off with some error about an instance missing or something.

Just tried again a couple times a few minutes ago and both times it got to the "Checking World Files" part after I'd selected my character, and then dropped me back to desktop without any error message at all.

Not sure what's going on... but I haven't had the chance to actually check your game out yet :-/

Hmm we have a online chat room on our forum where you can chat with us live, if you login there I'm sure we can figure the problem out.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com