Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Iop's Heart Premier Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Iop's Heart is a tough durable character class for Wakfu players to utilize. MMORPG.com has partnered with Ankama and Square Enix to bring our readers the first look at Iop's Heart in battle. Check out Wakfu: Iop's Heart Premier Trailer. Let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Great Trailer, I recently got into this game for something different and its a great sandbox game with a player driven politics system in place, you can do whatever you want great game i just wish this game had a bigger player base get involved people :)

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

if I could get my hands on a beta key I'd be all over it.. can't wait to try it out!

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Isn't this like for 13 year olds.?

Secondly, isn't this more like DOTA & Leage of Legends and is not an MMORPG.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I have played it and it a very good game if you are into this type of gameplay.

And no this is not at all for 13 year olds and nothing like DOTA & Leage of Legends...

I couldn't really get into Wakfu because I just don't like that type of gameplay very well, but others would love it!.

Smile

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

I actually love Turn Based Strategy games and Wakfu does not dissapoint. I played for about as long as I could, but after spending almost a month without seeing another person, I got tired of playing by myself.

:(

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130

This game has been in Beta for a ridiculous amount of time, i am not surprised to hear that only a small hand-full of players have stuck it out for this long.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013

Originally posted by Kilrain

if I could get my hands on a beta key I'd be all over it.. can't wait to try it out!

its been in Open beta for a while now

Originally posted by Razeekster

I have played it and it a very good game if you are into this type of gameplay.

And no this is not at all for 13 year olds and nothing like DOTA & Leage of Legends...

I couldn't really get into Wakfu because I just don't like that type of gameplay very well, but others would love it!.

LOL did u even watch the trailer?? its nothing like Dota or LoL and no its not for 13 years olds, theres alot of reading involved and strat to understand what to do its a sandbox... me and my gf play and were both 25 :)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Dekarx12

Originally posted by Kilrain

its been in Open beta for a while now

The main page has a link for 'closed beta'

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

Maybe it's open in EU, but I don't think it's open in NA.  I have a friend from here in the states that got a closed beta key (this was months ago though) and he told me the only servers he could find were french speaking servers.  They way they are handling the beta is odd.  Is it open or not?  Don't want to bother registering with another website if it's closed.

I just pressed on the link on this site and it says open Beta for me.. :)

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg

I'm a Aussie so it may be different i don't know

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Ahh yeah, see how mine is /na/ and yours is /en/.....

They seem to be lagging pretty hard opening the beta over here in NA...it's a shame.  I will wait for release I supppose.  Have too many games to play atm anyways heh.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

If I'm not mistaken I've played this game already...isn't this the same game as Dofus?

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

So.. this is a turned base game... ?

And excuss me for asking,but how is this not a child's game. Do u mean to tell me that teenagers and adults play games that have toy characters and such. Or is it that anyone will now play Nintendo stylized games.

Nothing in any video I have seen points to what u do in this game, or what the game is suppose tomean to me. To me, it looks like it is like Angry Birds, 100% pure entertainment, not massive, not multi-player and no roleplaying.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Originally posted by Phelcher

And excuss me for asking,but how is this not a child's game. Do u mean to tell me that teenagers and adults play games that have toy characters and such. Or is it that anyone will now play Nintendo stylized games.

Nothing in any video I have seen points to what u do in this game, or what the game is suppose tomean to me. To me, it looks like it is like Angry Birds, 100% pure entertainment, not massive, not multi-player and no roleplaying.

Turn based strategy games are actually quite big in the Asian gaming market, and if you look at the art, you will see it is in fact, very Asian. Wakfu is actually an Anime, this game is bassed off of that show, which is why it looks the way it does, and judging by the size of the girls gibblybits, how tight her armor is and a quick google of the games characters, I would say this is anything but a childs game. 

Originally posted by Gravarg

If I'm not mistaken I've played this game already...isn't this the same game as Dofus?

Yeh, it the games's playstyle (its follows on 1000 years after dofus or something -  same makers to) is the same but instead of the same old go kill 5 of X u do wateva u want and its a total sandbox and u do wateva u want... read into it :)

Originally posted by Xerith

Originally posted by Phelcher

Turn based strategy games are actually quite big in the Asian gaming market, and if you look at the art, you will see it is in fact, very Asian. Wakfu is actually an Anime, this game is bassed off of that show, which is why it looks the way it does, and judging by the size of the girls gibblybits, how tight her armor is and a quick google of the games characters, I would say this is anything but a childs game. 

Plus if the person read into the game more they would see theres alot of things i wouldnt see a 13 year old attracted to for one things theres no Npcs that gives u quests, its a totall sandbox with events happening in different regions and when you reach  certain goals and complete achievements dungeons and challenges open up :) i was looking for sumthing new (different) and not so mainstream, and i foud it in Wakfu... its a good change up :) plus theres other things like a player driven politics etc etc so yeh :) u gotta look past the cover of a book sumtimes for e.g. the graphics and suits the game

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Originally posted by Dekarx12

Yeh, it the games's playstyle (its follows on 1000 years after dofus or something -  same makers to) is the same but instead of the same old go kill 5 of X u do wateva u want and its a total sandbox and u do wateva u want... read into it :)

ah cool.  I liked dofus, but hated the quests.  I just sat around town killing numerous little chick and sunflower things hehe.

• omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21

this is a trailer for one of the 14 classes so before you start acting like a typical internet resident check the game out watch the other trailers there are plenty of sites giving keys out and such just look around (note: only NA residents require beta keys if you live in the EU or International are open beta) its not a bad game and the art style is good better then most poligonal 3d games imo

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

I've played the game, I've given it a chance, and it's really nowhere near the hype it got.  It's pretty bland and grindy to a ridiculous extent.

Also gaveaway so many beta invites since they kept sending them to me which makes me wonder what the hell was going on with their signups that needed them to send 5++ invites to everyone..

Isn't the worst thing, but there's just nothing to get you to play most any other mmorpg within reason and have a much better experience..

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I played for awhile and was really enjoying the game. What made me quit was because it lacks a Looking For Group option. It is a blast to group up in this game but there is no way to put a group together.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    It's a solid game, with one of the best MMORPG combat systems to date (you actually have to use some strategy to win, even at early levels). It's got a pretty unique feel to it and loads of sandbox elements. Players control the ecology and what spawns and can craft various things from there, allowing you total control of the economy. There is a government system to handle who controls what. It definitely needs more support as I found the NA Servers aren't very crowded.

It also feels like it's missing something. Something to hook players in and keep them playing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it could be the reason the game isn't very popular here in the NA region.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by Xerith.

Wakfu is actually an Anime, this game is bassed off of that show, which is why it looks the way it does

Actually the anime is based on gameworld used in Dofus and now in Wakfu. So the anime is based on games, not the other way around.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Wakfu is sequel to Dofus. It's going to have more intricate political system, ecology simulation, and other nifty features that Dofus doesn't have. Dofus is a separate game and still alive and doing well: http://www.dofus.com

PS. Sorry about double posting, but I could't figure a way to quote 2 different posts in single post.

• EdellEdell Member UncommonPosts: 23

Love that game. After spending a while on "serious" mmorpg such as darkfall and mortal online, it's a breath of fresh air. The game is quite hardcore despite its cartooony look. Turn based combats, 100% sandbox with a smart ecosystem, open pvp, open rvr, political system with a governor elected every week, "housing" system with the possibility to turn it into a shop, a garden, etc.

I don't know how are the "international" servers, but the french one is quite packed with players and if you don't mind socializing a bit, it's not that complicated to find people to team up with.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Not going to play this game unless they give NA players an open beta. The fact that Square continues to market this game to us while basically telling us our opinions don't count to me is just being a sellout.