Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Piss Poor Customer Service

Comments

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

Wow i nearly felt sorry for you OP then i remembered, I live in Australia i cant even friggen pre order poor you, with no announcement on any timeline when the game will be released in Aus, whispers are saying 12 monhs time. So yea wanna trade places.... thought so.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Dave3216

Wow i nearly felt sorry for you OP then i remembered, I live in Australia i cant even friggen pre order poor you, with no announcement on any timeline when the game will be released in Aus, whispers are saying 12 monhs time. So yea cry me a river bloke gg.

We have 8 australians in our guild and they all have their game ready to play;) you know that Australians can buy games online from other places right ;)

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

I didnt say you couldnt get the game i said i cant pre order in Australia, apparenlty we are poxy 3rd world country. :P I would be happy to be in OP shoes. I also believe EA/Bioware stated there will be no customer/technical support for people outside the initial release areas. Not that anything should go wrong but if it does your on your own. Old Murphys law and all .

I didnt say you couldnt get the game i said i cant pre order in Australia, apparenlty we are poxy 3rd world country. :P I would be happy to be in OP shoes. I also believe EA/Bioware stated there will be no customer/technical support for people outside the initial release areas. Not that anything should go wrong but if it does your on your own. Old Murphys law and all .

Actually i am talking about pre orders;) and yes even though you are Australian you can get pre order keys. Not sure if you do it now how early you will get in game but it can be done.

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• Turkish4676Turkish4676 Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by TheHavok

@OP

You need to calm the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck down.  Its just a video game and you are worried about your position for the headstart?  Whether you get it 7 days in advance, 5 days in advance, or 3 days: you will most likely be playing this game for months if not years.  You can manage to hold on to your dick and be patient for a day or two.

Furthermore, I have dealt with customer service from multiple mmorpg companies as well as worked in customer service and the second you are malicious or simply rude to them, you give them a reason to ignore you and mark you as "Spam".  They have the control in this situation, not you.  Remember that.  Threaten to leave?  Fine.  Its no loss of sleep for them.  They could give two shits about how well the game does.  As long as they are employed, they only want to complete their work and get their customer service queue zero'd out.  You think the producers and executives are the ones answering those emails and tickets?  The ones that actually care about customers leaving them?  LOL.  Want to complain to their manager?  Have fun with that because the managers know how malicious and rude customers are and will almost always side with their coworker.

The trick here, and reading your rant its obvious you do not do this, is being as gracious and friendly as possible, yet consistent with your appeal for help.  In the end, you need to be less of a dick, less of a nerd, and calm the fuck down. 

Thank you! :D

As far as maliciousness is concerned, you are way off. I said "wow that is crap" when they said that their system did not have the capabilities to change cc info. And then I said that I couldn't believe that they were ok with screwing themselves out of money. If that is malicious then you must live in cream puff lolly pop tower.

The true nature of their customer service is being defined right in your own words. They do not want to help. Hence the name of the post. It is terrible service that turns people to the maliciousness btw, starting with the terribly long waits. I was playing Xbox the wait did not bother me, it was their immediate displacement of their own humanity. They just did not care what I needed or why I called.

As far as my position is concerned, Fuq calm down. I have waited just like everyone else for three years, and I was being told that my Dec. 13th might turn into January some time when they open more server space to allow more players.

Originally posted by onthestick

Wow i nearly felt sorry for you OP then i remembered, I live in Australia i cant even friggen pre order poor you, with no announcement on any timeline when the game will be released in Aus, whispers are saying 12 monhs time. So yea cry me a river bloke gg.

We have 8 australians in our guild and they all have their game ready to play;) you know that Australians can buy games online from other places right ;)

Wow I nearly felt bad for the aussie, oh wait he is just stupid.

Originally posted by Turkish4676

I have canceled my preorder and will not be grabbing another copy. They do not deserve our money so I know they will not be getting mine. No one was willing to help, and none of them had any compasion for the simple situation I was presenting. I have worked at banks for years so they have no way to convince me that changing the numbers was not possible. If I presented myself at work the same way that they had to me, I would be fired on the spot.

Now I eagerly await a release date for GW2 and I have spoken to them on the phone on several occasions for GW1 and they have always seemed genuine and worried about my issues. This is not how you keep the 15 dollars a month Bioware, especially when the real issues start coming into these terrible people you have hired, and shotty systems you have developed to support their less than stellar abilities.

One more thing..

You don't represent me so don't say "They do not deserve OUR money".  You are clearly the problem if you routinely have contacted multiple customer service departments.  We are not similar and I won't be joining your cause of bitching and moaning.

Yet here you are. To walk a path alone is to walk the righteous path. To stand in ones path, well, you are just rude.

Originally posted by onthestick

Wow I nearly felt bad for the aussie, oh wait he is just stupid.

Why stupid? o.O

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

As far as maliciousness is concerned, you are way off. I said "wow that is crap" when they said that their system did not have the capabilities to change cc info.

Hmm that says to me they may have an alternate avenue to handle billing info. Unless this is only in reference to their Pre-order system.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

So, Bioware told you to F-off? Likely...

And the service line that clearly states ONLY handles security issues told you that they only handle security issues?

You make sure the person answering at Origin knows how much you HATE them? That should speed things up nicely..

Remind me to never go to your bank. It's one thing to be upset with what actually is a very frustrating wait for answers right now, and another  to being a downright muppet

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

As far as my position is concerned, Fuq calm down. I have waited just like everyone else for three years, and I was being told that my Dec. 13th might turn into January some time when they open more server space to allow more players.

Dec.13 might turn into January when they open more server space?  REALLY?!?!  You clearly, CLEARLY do not know what you are talking about.  Furthermore, this is a game with EA behind it.  Maybe you weren't around for the warhammer launch but they had SO many servers on opening day they had to shut some down because they weren't being populated.

Regardless, you need to follow my earlier advice:  Remember, be gracious, friendly, but consistent.  And don't be a sarcastic dick.  Who lies.  Or makes up shit he doesn't know about.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Credit cards expire/are cancelled all the time. Are you saying that there is no option to update your credit card details with Origin? I find that hard to believe but if that truly is the case I can understand your frustration but don't understand why there are not hundreds of people up in arms about it. All the bank cancellation stuff is kinda irrelevant surely all you need is a way to eneter new card details?

Originally posted by Gorilla

Credit cards expire/are cancelled all the time. Are you saying that there is no option to update your credit card details with Origin? I find that hard to believe but if that truly is the case I can understand your frustration but don't understand why there are not hundreds of people up in arms about it. All the bank cancellation stuff is kinda irrelevant surely all you need is a way to eneter new card details?

Strong with the force this one is.

Originally posted by Boldyn

So, Bioware told you to F-off? Likely... THE NUANCES OF SARCASM AND SYMBOLISM ARE NOT YOUR STRONG SUIT I AM GUESSING.

And the service line that clearly states ONLY handles security issues told you that they only handle security issues? WHERE DOES IT STATE THAT IT IS ONLY FOR SECURITY ISSUES?

You make sure the person answering at Origin knows how much you HATE them? That should speed things up nicely.. THE PERSON AT ORIGIN WAS ALREADY TRYING TO GET ME OFF HIS CHAT SO YEAH I MADE SURE HE HAD SOMETHING TO TAKE BACK TO THE PERSON WHO HAS TO SHOW THEIR BOSS. WHO DOESN'T HATE ORIGIN ANYWAYS, IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE PLEASURE YET.

Remind me to never go to your bank. It's one thing to be upset with what actually is a very frustrating wait for answers right now, and another  to being a downright muppet AHH AND IT ALL COMES INTO FOCUS 'MUPPET' YOU ARE MORE THAN LIKELY BRITISH. TOUCH A NERVE ON THE SCOTTISH COMMENT?

Dec.13 might turn into January when they open more server space?  REALLY?!?!  You clearly, CLEARLY do not know what you are talking about.  Furthermore, this is a game with EA behind it.  Maybe you weren't around for the warhammer launch but they had SO many servers on opening day they had to shut some down because they weren't being populated.

Regardless, you need to follow my earlier advice:  Remember, be gracious, friendly, but consistent.  And don't be a sarcastic dick.  Who lies.  Or makes up shit he doesn't know about.

The guy from Origin is the one who said it jackass. True enlightenment comes from knowing that you know absolutely nothing. As you are the most enlightened, I will read and reflect on such enlightenment.

Originally posted by Distopia

As far as maliciousness is concerned, you are way off. I said "wow that is crap" when they said that their system did not have the capabilities to change cc info.

Hmm that says to me they may have an alternate avenue to handle billing info. Unless this is only in reference to their Pre-order system.

When I finally got the final guy I spoke with to show some life he said that there was no one in any department that had the authority to change the information, so here is hoping that someone will be there who can during business hours.

I know they didn't tell you to f-off, but the way you express yourself and your contact with various customer services says alot.

"We are currently only offering phone support for Security Questions and Answers regarding your Star Wars™ The Old Republic™ account. For all other questions, problems or concerns, you may contact us by Email or In-Game as noted below"

I am swedish actually, like the muppet chef. And people like you can never get on my nerves. You are funny to observe though

I know they didn't tell you to f-off, but the way you express yourself and your contact with various customer services says alot. I AM ALWAYS NICE TO CSRs I KNOW IT MAY NOT COME ACROSS THAT WAY BUT ITS TO A POINT TO WHERE MY WIFE GETS MAD AT ME. SURE EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE A COLORFUL EXPLITIVE COMEs TO THE SURFACE BUT IT'S NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IT IS USUALLY DIERCTED AT SOMETHING.

"We are currently only offering phone support for Security Questions and Answers regarding your Star Wars™ The Old Republic™ account. For all other questions, problems or concerns, you may contact us by Email or In-Game as noted below" http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1863 I WOULD POST WHAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID BUT YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF WHY I CALLED.

I am swedish actually, like the muppet chef. And people like you can never get on my nerves. You are funny to observe though WELL I ONLY MADE A COMMENT ABOUT THE BRITISH SO I WAS ASSUMING.

I have a question for ya Boldyn. Why was my post the first you posted on, being that you have been a member since '04? Was what I said so outrageous I could not be telling the truth?

Well I agree that their support is flawed atm. I can understand the long waits. I don't understand why some issues that have later shown to be temporary bugs, don't get answered with atleast that information ont he forums. Just a post saying "the problem you are experiencing is a bug and we are working on it. Would calm the majority.

Also amusing that their telephone support covers different topics depending on where you find the number. They ain't being to clear.

And no, it was not the worst post I have ever seen. I just realised that even if I browse this site every day I never bothered to log in. Today I did and all of a sudden there was a reply button. Needless to say i was drawn to the dark side and used it :/

Well I agree that their support is flawed atm. I can understand the long waits. I don't understand why some issues that have later shown to be temporary bugs, don't get answered with atleast that information ont he forums. Just a post saying "the problem you are experiencing is a bug and we are working on it. Would calm the majority.

Also amusing that their telephone support covers different topics depending on where you find the number. They ain't being to clear.

And no, it was not the worst post I have ever seen. I just realised that even if I browse this site every day I never bothered to log in. Today I did and all of a sudden there was a reply button. Needless to say i was drawn to the dark side and used it :/

I am not really trying to appeal to any one person. I was hoping I found others who were in the same situation or similar. Maybe get some suggestions and vent a bit. I am still reeling and was starting to feel as though I might have been the ass in the CSR conversation, but i just got one of the Origin conversations sent to me in an email. I was relatively reasonable. This was chat 4 out of 5 on the Origin chat. This one gave me slight hope of progress.

You are now ready to chat with Sukhwinder.

you: hello

Sukhwinder: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Sukhwinder how may I help you?

you: last crs left

you: CSR even

you: you guy realize that your chat cuts off our typing?

you: and we have to type all over again?

you: i was mid sentence with last person and they cut off my typing with a threat of them leaving and so as I tried to finish they left

you: this is pretty shabby set up

you: anyways

Sukhwinder: Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Sukhwinder: I can understand your frustration.

Sukhwinder: How may I help you?

you: i preordered with a credit card that is no longer valid

you: as has been previously said to me

you: i need to cancel and reorder

you: but i am concerned

Sukhwinder: The chat was disconnected due to the server error.

you: thats fine I have slowed my heart and all is well

you: just dont let me pass out

Sukhwinder: Not at all.

Sukhwinder: I would like to tell you that you can get your order cancelled but if the game is not in stock then it won't be pre order later on.

you: yeah that is my concern

you: i have scoured the forums and FAQS at SWTOR

Sukhwinder: Shall I go ahead and cancel your order?

you: and I guess I still get to use my first preorder code for early access

you: yeah let me express my concerns and let you tell me what you think

you: but the others from Origin and Bioware and SWTOR said the same thing you said

you: no code for me since I will be so far back in the line now

you: I preordered in the first half hour

you: this is so unfair

Sukhwinder: Yes, the code will also not work.

you: our bank changed the card on us because of their security issues and the fact that you guys can not just change the payment method suggests some pretty inept sytems you are working with overthere

Sukhwinder: Sorry, we are not authorised to change the card information.

Sukhwinder: However, we can cancel the order.

you: there has to be someone who can

you: i mean come on someone has to be authorized

you: maybe not there at the moment but maybe there tomorrow

you: maybe some person who is authorized can fix this

you: how can there be no one who wants to make this right

Sukhwinder: Sorry, it is against EA policies.

you: what is?

you: that is what i am getting at

Sukhwinder: If you wish, I can go ahead and process your cancellation request.

you: taking someones money from a valid credit card instead of a bad one

you: that is against your policies?

you: you guys have nothing for me?

you: just the knife in the back and I am suppossed to take it?

Sukhwinder: I can only cancel your order and you can place a new one.

you: ok so let me be clear on this

you: if I cancel

you: the card I cancelled on is no longer valid

you: how are you going to get me the 5 dollars back?

Sukhwinder: Sorry, that won't be refunded.

Sukhwinder: That is pre order fee.

you: lol you just keep getting better

you: you are forcing me to cancel an order I dont want to cancel

you: and you are keeping my money that is for something you guys are forcing

Sukhwinder: Sorry, I am not forcing you.

you: an issue on your end that you guys have so little technology to fix

Sukhwinder: I am just giving you your options.

you: you are the enforcer of those options are you not?

you: you are representing Origin are you not?

Sukhwinder: Yes, we are.

you: it is not a personal attack on you

you: unfortunately you are the person who is here

you: so it is you

you: you are basically telling me that you are not willing to do anything what so ever to make this right just as a fellow human being and possibly fellow gamer

you: and I am not suppossed to blame you?

you: its just my only options

you: you know as well as I do that there is a phone number or persons name that would get through this ridiculous predicament

you: all I am asking for is help finding that solution

you: I never wanted to cancel my order

you: I am trying to fix the order that is currently on the books

Sukhwinder: Sorry, then there is no alternative to change card information.

you: and it also costing me 5 dollars

you: and my early access

you: cold is not even a starter word to describe your customer service techniques

you: your technology for the CSR is also shoddy

you: I guess that is what we can expect from Origin/EA/Bioware

Sukhwinder: Would you mind, if I place your chat on hold for couple of minutes to investigate your case?

you: does not instill much confidence

you: sure

Sukhwinder: Thank you.

Sukhwinder: Please let me know what you want to do next as I can't change your card information.

Sukhwinder: If you wish, you can call at our phone support at 1650 6281001. (I PICKED UP THE PHONE AT THE COMP AND IT WAS DEAD SO THESE OTHER MESSAGES WENT BY AS I WENT TO THE OTHER ROOM TO GET ANOTHER PHONE)

Sukhwinder: I have still not heard back from you, I am sorry but if you don't reply in next 30 seconds I have to disconnect the chat.

Sukhwinder: If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!

The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I was going to use customer service to try to figure out where I was in line, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

You should be knowledgeable enough to realize you are chatting with outsourced customer service currently who are reading off of a script.  Maybe once this is a LIVE product where they are making money they will change that or maybe the chat will always be outsourced off of a script.  Instead of raging on forums and wasting all this time maybe either:

a) Wait patiently like everyone else

b) Try a different form of customer service

c) Ask your question on the official forums where you will get the exact same response customer service will give you

d) READ what the devs post because it already answers your ridiculousl inquiries. 

Sorry but damn whats wrong with you man.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Originally posted by CazNeerg

I read your whole post.  It sounds like you were acting like exactly the kind of confrontational jerk that customer service people don't get paid enough to deserve to put up with.  Maybe you weren't, but that is how you make yourself sound in your description.  Having a legitimate complaint is no excuse to act like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

agree

Originally posted by ProfRed

I was going to use customer service to try to figure out where I was in line, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

You should be knowledgeable enough to realize you are chatting with outsourced customer service currently who are reading off of a script.  Maybe once this is a LIVE product where they are making money they will change that or maybe the chat will always be outsourced off of a script.  Instead of raging on forums and wasting all this time maybe either: I LOOKED IT UP THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SORT OF OUTSOURCED YOU ARE THINKING OF. RAGING IS NOT WHAT I AM DOING. VENTING, MAYBE. I AM NOT AN ABSENTEE POSTER AS MOST ARE. I DID NOT POST TO TROLL. IF YOU POST AS THE OP THEN YOU HAVE STARTED A CONVERSATION THAT OTHERS ARE COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO POST A REPLY ON. BE IT JACKASS OR NOT I TRY TO RESPOND UNTIL I AM THROUGH OR THE POST SLOWS.

a) Wait patiently like everyone else LIKE THREE YEARS PATIENT?

b) Try a different form of customer service READ THE POST MAN I TRIED ALL AVAILABLE.

c) Ask your question on the official forums where you will get the exact same response customer service will give you I DID AND HAVE YET TO RECIEVE AN ANSWER, BUT SINCE YOU DID NOT READ YOU DID NOT PICK UP ON THAT. HELL IT IS IN THE FIRST PART.

d) READ what the devs post because it already answers your ridiculousl inquiries. NO IT DOES NOT

Sorry but damn whats wrong with you man. SORRY IS THE RIGHT WORD.

Originally posted by Thodra

Originally posted by CazNeerg

I read your whole post.  It sounds like you were acting like exactly the kind of confrontational jerk that customer service people don't get paid enough to deserve to put up with.  Maybe you weren't, but that is how you make yourself sound in your description.  Having a legitimate complaint is no excuse to act like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

agree

Well see for yourself I posted one of the many conversations. The one I posted was after several phone calls and CSR chats.

• DrekenDreken Member Posts: 44

The Problem isn't with SWTOR it's with Origin itself. Unlike Steam it doesn't charge your CC for pre-orders until the Game actually releases. So if your CC# changes from the time you pre-ordered until the game comes out your screwed.