Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.5 million credit VIP speeder?

13»

Comments

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The reflective surface of that thing was exceptionally cool.  You can see it real well when the camera pans underneath it. 

Heh .... I didn't think SWTOR had it in it.

~Hairysun

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Originally posted by bobfish
    Who wants a big ass mount anyways, small and sleek please.
    Size matters LOL

Some people need to over compensate.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

1m credits buys a wristband to get past the bouncer and up the elevator to the VIP lounge, but it doesn't grant you access to the CE vendor. Nobody knows what thet vendor sells, since you couldn't access then during testing.

Ergo, those mounts (the one from that video and another one in another thread) were purchased somewhere else in-game.

Yeah, that what was I was thinking / hoping too.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by leumasx7

Pay 2 play, usually don't have item shops for real cash, and no one likes that anyway. To pay for your virtual fame, shouldn't u use your virtual money? HMM

"CE- GETS VIP MEMBERSHIP FREE, if alternative from beta stayed. possible to buy your membership for 1mil credits, Cannot confirm if kept, atm"

Also 1million credits is fairly easy to get.

and as post said above. VIP shop, has multiple vendors, their is a special CE only one up their. 

CE- get free VIP room membership, as well as having the CE vendor up their, other's must buy membership, to get up their, and can only access the other VIP vendors.

Sorry, that was 2008. SOE started to sell stuff for real money in P2P games and the rest followed soon.

There are a few exceptions but they are usually small games like Vanguard where the devs havn't bothered to make the items to sell.

But yes, the P2P fee and the box sales should be more than enough, and at least I would be willing to pay a bit more fees to not get that crap. Items in a MMO should be based on luck, skill and time invested, not real world cash.

But sadly, that wont happen. In fact it seems to be getting worse but TOR is just one of the P2P games since this is standard bussiness today.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by kishe

Originally posted by Elikal

Wait a second... so I pay 150 EURO (= 214 Dollar) for a CE AND THEN I have to pay 1.5 million credits ON TOP to get this?

WTF! You must be kidding me. I thought the CE shop was for real money, not millions of grinded ingame bucks!

No cash shop, CE only gets you access to the vendor.

Meh, I had hoped for a cash shop. Real money is so much easier to get than ingame money! XD

Lol, sorry Elikal, didn't mean to make you panic. I should have stated at the top of my post that I was only referring to access for folks who didn't have a CE. You won't need to grind a million credits - unless you want one of those speeders.

BTW, credits aren't *that* hard to come by, maybe a bit more these days since they nerfed slicing, but they had to do that since it was ridiculously OP for makng credits.

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by leumasx7

Pay 2 play, usually don't have item shops for real cash, and no one likes that anyway. To pay for your virtual fame, shouldn't u use your virtual money? HMM

"CE- GETS VIP MEMBERSHIP FREE, if alternative from beta stayed. possible to buy your membership for 1mil credits, Cannot confirm if kept, atm"

Also 1million credits is fairly easy to get.

and as post said above. VIP shop, has multiple vendors, their is a special CE only one up their. 

CE- get free VIP room membership, as well as having the CE vendor up their, other's must buy membership, to get up their, and can only access the other VIP vendors.

Sorry, that was 2008. SOE started to sell stuff for real money in P2P games and the rest followed soon.

There are a few exceptions but they are usually small games like Vanguard where the devs havn't bothered to make the items to sell.

But yes, the P2P fee and the box sales should be more than enough, and at least I would be willing to pay a bit more fees to not get that crap. Items in a MMO should be based on luck, skill and time invested, not real world cash.

But sadly, that wont happen. In fact it seems to be getting worse but TOR is just one of the P2P games since this is standard bussiness today.

you do have a point...

Unfortunatly tho, it is happening where there is item shop even p2p. Such as WoW.

Which I think is wrong, its very sly, marketing tactics, which is quite sinister IMO.

making something that takes them less than a week to make, and sell for 10 to 25 dollars.

Ofc the consumer is the one that makes it happen because they want all the things to boast with, if they have the extra money to spare, as some do not.

IMO. Virtual items should only be bought with virtual currency.

• Originally posted by Darkholme

Yes it is CE only. It's one of the many items only available to CE owners in the VIP store...

Kind of funny how the CE people got a goldsink IRL and get another goldsink in game. Well at least they get something for that extra 90 dollars although it seems like that will be the exact same modal as something else that is purchased for less.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

EA makes the decisions, not bioware, bioware is owned by EA now.

EA stated to investors on the last conference call that they have every intention of adding a cash shop as they are pure revenue generation and we as gamers have been shown to be nothing but disposable income.

Not to mention they said there will be a non stop flood of pay to buy DLC content.

So have your credit cards ready this is gonna be an expensive ride.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Sorrow

EA stated to investors on the last conference call that they have every intention of adding a cash shop as they are pure revenue generation and we as gamers have been shown to be nothing but disposable income.

Link?  Eventually, you are going to need to prove the things that you say.  You've spouted this same line every single post and have never backed it up with anything resembling proof.  I'm calling BS.

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

Not to mention they said there will be a non stop flood of pay to buy DLC content.

neither of these things are true. go away troll.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

You're such an angry little man. 

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Proof? 

Didn't think so.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com