Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I want to know

How as the minicampaign with the Americans?  I got a WB invite but in reality unless there is a broad based advance I am not interested for at least the next few months or more.   I played the beta and it did not seem like a nice advance in rifles.  The increased strength of the infantry unit was a welcome enhancement but there is still a ways to go.  The big issue for this game is it is fast losing its variation that kept accounts. 

I usually fly that is how I started but joined originally at the start and got interesed in the Navy.  The navy has so much potential for interesting play but there has never been a serios effort to develop that part of the game.  The air force is stagnant and has little development in several years.  The only dev work has been on GUI and some limited infantry enhancements.

I suppose what one of the Devs said back in 2003 is correct.  "This game may never be what anybody ever wishes it to be"

Comments

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Hell I've been waiting for motorcycles for 8 years now......

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

It is just a game that missed its window due to lack of development. It was good back in the day "pre brigade". A new game engine and proper ingame asset development is what it will take to salvage this old dog.

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110

Originally posted by Saxx0n

It is just a game that missed its window due to lack of development. It was good back in the day "pre brigade". A new game engine and proper ingame asset development is what it will take to salvage this old dog.

I would rather say lack of ressources rather than development. In particular after 10 years or so of exploitation, it is quite remarquable. Yet the current monthly fee is getting a bit over the top.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

From what I hear from a few ex squadmates, 

The minigame had it's moment but even with any of the enhancements, the monthly fee is not justified.

Still there is no denying the game had it's moments of the "FUN"  factor. Sadly the game has run it's course, and though I hate to say it, but I feel that the game should just go to a F2P model.

The Rats brought some great innovations into the genre, however those innovations were dumbed down and tweaked into nothing of the original vision.  Still regardless of my feelings towards the Rats and the way the game has evolved, you still will not find a map that even compares in scope of that of wwiionline. The size is just awesome.

Bottomline,

The game needs some sort of purpose again.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

The map is something isn't it.  So much potential.  It's too bad all the fighting happened between the towns and fbs.  The only time I'd see the vast areas between towns were during supply runs or circuitous attacks.  I wish there was a way to get people out of the towns and fight in the fields and woods.  But the game population to do that is a thing of the past, if it ever did exist.

• angriffangriff Member Posts: 154

This week has seen some great progress made to the Battleground Europe host stability issues that arose with the live release of version 1.34. The binaries on the Beta server have been updated and it's running smoothly. Server downtime and CTD's have dropped dramatically over the past few days and will be reduced even more with the host and client updates coming. Read on for more information about next week's schedule.

The team has already pinpointed and fixed several problems that were causing both the chat server crashes as well as some CTDs. But there is more to do. So sometime early next week, the live server will be brought down for an OS update, host binary update, and a client update. We still have a few things to hammer out before we can pull the trigger, so we're not able to give you the exact day yet. As soon as we know, you'll know. We do know that the server will need to be down for the better part of a day to perform all the updates and make sure they are functioning properly.

Production update this weekend ... Public Posting

This is why there is little advancement in the game design and variation.   This is why it never has come close to its potential.  Almost all the effort of the DEV team is reworking everything that gets broken every patch.  For weeks now  it appears people have been experiencing crashes on par with launch.  It really is a shame they cannot just leave well enough alone and put in some of the classic attributes they have always promised or just given up and taken another tact.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

and in the meantime, people go back to playing games that actually work...

• angriffangriff Member Posts: 154

Originally posted by rendus

The map is something isn't it.  So much potential.  It's too bad all the fighting happened between the towns and fbs.  The only time I'd see the vast areas between towns were during supply runs or circuitous attacks.  I wish there was a way to get people out of the towns and fight in the fields and woods.  But the game population to do that is a thing of the past, if it ever did exist.

There never has been a means to fight for a hilltop or land other than defensive objectives of a few individuals.  This is countered by super ninja anti tank troops that can run as fast and faster on rough terrain than a tank.  This is a super trooper that can run with four 30 lbs satchels and rifle faster than the average man (who can run about 8 mph) at speeds of 15 to 24 mph.  This affect is somewhat augmented by the new rocket type anti tank weapons just introduced which will be a welcome change.

There needs to be a method of allowing for major unit spawning away from the objectives.  This is done for infantry but not support weapons like tanks and anti tank artillery.  The current FB . AB flag capture is something that needs to remain the near term thought for majot objective decision.  There is not a convenient methodology of having units that are unmanned with people with other objectives.  There is no zone of control mechanism for units in the game now.

• merc88merc88 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by angriff

Originally posted by rendus

There never has been a means to fight for a hilltop or land other than defensive objectives of a few individuals.  This is countered by super ninja anti tank troops that can run as fast and faster on rough terrain than a tank.  This is a super trooper that can run with four 30 lbs satchels and rifle faster than the average man (who can run about 8 mph) at speeds of 15 to 24 mph.  This affect is somewhat augmented by the new rocket type anti tank weapons just introduced which will be a welcome change.

There needs to be a method of allowing for major unit spawning away from the objectives.  This is done for infantry but not support weapons like tanks and anti tank artillery.  The current FB . AB flag capture is something that needs to remain the near term thought for majot objective decision.  There is not a convenient methodology of having units that are unmanned with people with other objectives.  There is no zone of control mechanism for units in the game now.

It's dead Jim...

Merc88

• Angelkiss781Angelkiss781 Member Posts: 22

Nah, it's not dead Merc.....and you need to get your ass back in the game....Cause we miss you! Stop trolling the forums and get your ass back in.