Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: SWTOR: Rules of Enragement

Comments

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Reion1

If there was an accept /hug emote I would be getting hugged right now. +1 for Reion1's hugability.

It is allright for coyote you are just another number to his list of victims. He is most probably twirling his mustache and cackling right now.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• Mr.CoyoteMr.Coyote Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by onthestick:

It is allright for coyote you are just another number to his list of victims. He is most probably twirling his mustache and cackling right now.

• NURTANURTA Member Posts: 21

Honest.

Real.

Accurate.

Fair.

Balanced.

Serious journalism wins again.  /fist_pump

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I dont see why its so hard to be nice and help others instead of letting them frustrate u to quit a game or act like an ass

I never got that. So we were all mmo noobs at one point. ive played mmos for almost 7 yrs now. That said what is the point in being mean and not helping others

I remember my first dungeon in wow i didnt realize u had to hit / roll to go after a chest and i just looted it . i also didnt know what the hell greed or need was. Lets just say instead of explaining it to me i got flamed. 

My gf took the time to explain what id done wrong a few minutes ater as i was bitching and was gonna quit and i would of said im sorry , i did give the others the gear so didnt understand there being so pissed 

So why not actually help people out who are new to mmos instead of flaming them.l

• NURTANURTA Member Posts: 21

Ya know what's even better than comments here?

Comments from rabid fans here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=725642

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by Raventree

Best article ever.  lol... Darth Brooks....

And his alter ego, Sith Gaines!

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

They should make you read and agree to this before the EULA when you load up the game.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Anyone else scrambling for the name DaRtHPWNZJOO now?

• MaheretMaheret Member UncommonPosts: 16

epic

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

one of the best things i've ever read on mmorpg.com!

thanks for the laughs coyote, no doubt.

you just forgot to mention one lil tip:

nothing helps launch day go smoother like a nice mug of Gin.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by popinjay

Coyote:

"If he was really that awesome of a character,  Mark Hamill wouldn't have spent most of the 80's and early 90's whipping up batches of horsey sauce at Arby's."

Or gone on to become one of the best baddass Jokers in DC history. Sorry Coyote but you lose on this one because if you're going to count Arby's, count his work as the Joker as well.  But overall, nice and witty.

He did play a good joker. I also recall him being in a movie where he played a guy who went on a killing spree. It may be because I was just a kid at the time, but in my memory the character stands out as one of the most chilling characters in a movie I've ever seen. He did a great job, if my memory serves me well...which considering how long ago that was I willingly admit it may not. It was probably one of the first movies ever of a guy just going postal and killing everybody who got in his way.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

The World of Warcraft is the greatest game ever created, and no game, including this one will ever step a single toe outside of its shadow. It will be around forever and no one will ever topple it from its perch atop Mount Kickass, despite the fact that it's losing more participants than a Jersey Shore Spelling Bee and has to rely on really lame panda monks just to appeal to the Chinese Gold Famers that they once fought to keep out.

OMG! Someone actually else actually gets it!

I can't count the number of conversations I've had with WoW players who HATE SWTOR. Their arguments alternate between "it's just WoW in Space/WoW already has that" and "WoW doesn't do it that way, therefore SWTOR is dumb". Of course, none of them can see the ironic and moronic contradictions of their arguments.

Thank god someone else gets it.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Awesome read! Hahah

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• crenshcrensh Member Posts: 6

"over 167 million subscribers" ? that can't be truth

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Coyote, one of the funniest new additions to the site. Great read.

But one question: Exactly WHY can't we or the people playing it, compare it to WoW? Is it because its not an MMO, not fantasy, not coming from years of developmental mistakes and triumphs that other games have made.

I understand the whole apple and orange analogy, but aren't they both in the same food group?

• crenshcrensh Member Posts: 6

"over 167 million subscribers" ? that can't be truth

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

I hope you all have fun playing the game lol

• Delerious1Delerious1 Member Posts: 72

Mark Hamill has played one of the most iconic characters in movie history.

He does an awesome joker.

He's been in a few other movies since Star Wars.

For all the people taking pot shots about his movie career after Star Wars you might want to consider what having massive facial damage might do to it.  In the original Star Wars he was a very handsome guy if not abit wussy looking.  Before The Empire Strikes Back he was in a car accident and his nose and face literally had to be reconstructed from his ear cartilage.

So ya, that might put a damper on someone's acting career.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Delerious1

Mark Hamill has played one of the most iconic characters in movie history.

He does an awesome joker.

He's been in a few other movies since Star Wars.

For all the people taking pot shots about his movie career after Star Wars you might want to consider what having massive facial damage might do to it.  In the original Star Wars he was a very handsome guy if not abit wussy looking.  Before The Empire Strikes Back he was in a car accident and his nose and face literally had to be reconstructed from his ear cartilage.

So ya, that might put a damper on someone's acting career.

I agree with this.

Ive not seen any films hes been in after Star Wars but i am a fan of Batman TAS and his performance as the Joker is amazing. It was definately a good idea to bring him back for Arkham Asylum and City.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i have actually seen mark hamill in a few movies usually b movies. ive also seen him on tv a couple of times. That said the man pocketed his money for the movies and settled down. 

Not everyone wants to be harrison ford. Yea we all know who is the biggest star to emerge from the star wars universe. That said come on its coyote all his columns are jokes 

I dont take them seriously . This is some funny stuff though. 

• willvaswillvas Member Posts: 137

In regards to CHINESE and their WOW.  actually they dont pay monthly.. they pay by time.  its an actual gametime card.... you keep your guy logged in your lose minutes on your time card.  Its like 30 yuan for 4000 minutes... 30 yuan is about $4.30   which comes to about 66 hours of gameplay.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Amusing commentary even if it is a bit over the top. That said, I recall going to school with a few of those "crazy" Star Wars fans. I'm pretty sure they had those sheets well into high school....

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

roflmao. This is a brilliant fantastic article. Glad they let you post it. Excellent. 

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I almost stoped reading when he said the word "subscribers" since no one is actually a subscriber yet. Then I finished reading and I'm glad I did. 10/10

• dpcollier128dpcollier128 Member Posts: 38

Lol! Agreed, sir. Skyrim it is! :D