Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Does TOR have a major flaw like past MMO's on release that will stop it from holding subs long term?

135678

Comments

  • Zookz1Zookz1 Baltimore, MDPosts: 629Member

    If you enjoy themeparks, I don't see any obvious flaws with this game.

  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Beaverton, ORPosts: 867Member


    Originally posted by Zookz1
    If you enjoy themeparks, I don't see any obvious flaws with this game.

    This.

    I think the end game will be more encompassing than anticipated.
    But that said, as long as TOR can get a major content addition on before people burn through three toon's main storylines (sure there will be those few who get all 6 done in month) then they'll be sitting pretty for a themepark MMO.

    I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

  • KrytycalKrytycal Miami, FLPosts: 520Member

    Originally posted by SuperXero89

    The fundamental flaw with SW:TOR is going to be the exact same major flaw that plagues Rift and LotRO.  Each of these games seeks to be the alternative to WoW and not THE NEXT WoW.  By that very nature, developers are essentially trying to simply be second best rather than trying to blow the doors wide open like WoW did with the EQ formula.

    This doesn't mean these games are destined to fail.  Games that have failed such as WAR and AoC each had fundamental issues that caused their subscribers to bail.  Rift and LotRO were all incredibly polished games at release and have no major issues that have driven away subscribers.  They've lost subscribers, but comparatively speaking, they're both doing fairly well. 

    It is very possible that SW:TOR will end up the same way.  It could have a huge number of box sales and subscribers for a few months to around a third of what the subs were at launch.  Of course, this isn't a terrible thing, but it would be a disappointment for those who think or who wish that SW:TOR will be a major success.

    I played LoTRO and Rift during beta/early release and they were extremely dull and boring. I had a lot more fun with SWTOR during beta than I ever did in those two other games.

    I think SWTOR is going to do better than most people expect.

  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,316Member Uncommon

    I don´t know how long will SWTOR keep me paying my sub....time will show....

    But for now i´ve noticed something no other MMO has achieved with me....leveling was a PLEASURE!

    Didn´t even noticed i was leveling! and it was GREAT!

    Probably when it comes to the "Raid or Leave" part, i´ll quit ,like in most MMos ,since i´m sick tired of that....

    But as long as Bioware gives me a good gameplay/story to play along i´ll be there!

     

  • pharazonicpharazonic LDNPosts: 860Member

    + Outside of the class specific quests (25% of the game), it plays like a boring SRPG. 

    + Cardboard world

    + Linear, hallway world

    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

    I need to take this advice more.

  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 New York, NYPosts: 365Member

    Originally posted by SuperXero89

    The fundamental flaw with SW:TOR is going to be the exact same major flaw that plagues Rift and LotRO.  Each of these games seeks to be the alternative to WoW and not THE NEXT WoW.  By that very nature, developers are essentially trying to simply be second best rather than trying to blow the doors wide open like WoW did with the EQ formula.

    This doesn't mean these games are destined to fail.  Games that have failed such as WAR and AoC each had fundamental issues that caused their subscribers to bail.  Rift and LotRO were all incredibly polished games at release and have no major issues that have driven away subscribers.  They've lost subscribers, but comparatively speaking, they're both doing fairly well. 

    It is very possible that SW:TOR will end up the same way.  It could have a huge number of box sales and subscribers for a few months to around a third of what the subs were at launch.  Of course, this isn't a terrible thing, but it would be a disappointment for those who think or who wish that SW:TOR will be a major success.

    True, and its hard for dev's making a MMO without the masses comparing there efforts to WoW. Its one thing to want innovation/something new, but when one game single handly has change the face of mmo it hard to compete without being critizied, Oh your not like WOW this or Your not like WoW that. So these dev's i think are taking the best approach and see what worked in WoW and add there spin on it, just in a different setting.

    I too fell ToR will start out hot and fade (much slower than past efforts)..

    Reason 1) Raids and the "Holy Trinity System",

    It works when a game just launches but after 6months on if your not in a guild that does them, your left without getting the best stuff, then the feeling of you can't compete set in. And the constant spamming of looking for healer/tank to do etc runs will become tiresome after awhile.

    Reason 2) MMO Market

    WoW became so successful because it had time to get there. Now the market is so croowed that for the next 5years at least 2 or more mmo's will be release.

    Reason 3) Content

    This one kind of baffles me, but it seem no matter how much content a dev's puts in its never enough but then where there more than enough, person say its too much for a grind fest .. **Scratches Head**

  • pharazonicpharazonic LDNPosts: 860Member

    Originally posted by pharazonic

    + Outside of the class specific quests (25% of the game), it plays like a boring SRPG. 

    + Cardboard world

    + Linear, hallway world

     

    + Unattractive to modders

    + Simple, bland combat

    + Awful character creator

    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

    I need to take this advice more.

  • PapamacPapamac Winnipeg, MBPosts: 159Member

    TOR's major flaw is likely to be the same flaw shared by almost all MMOs currently available.  In other words, will it be able to keep its players' attention.

     

    Longevity is the key.  Can the game keep its audience captivated.  If it can, then it will not only hold on to the "early adopters", but it will attract new players simply by word of mouth.

     

    That is the secret behind having a successful MMO (WoW, EVE) and having a runner-up-wannabe MMO. (pick one)

     

    WoW does it by keeping the hardware requirements friendly, the game mechanics accessible, and the wide-open game world in a constant state of flux.  EVE does it by not doing anything at all; the players do all the work.

     

    What we need is a WoW-EVE hybrid to come along.

  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXPosts: 956Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Ashlinde

    Originally posted by eyelolled


    Originally posted by SethiusX


    Originally posted by eyelolled


    Originally posted by SethiusX

    Let me preface this by saying that I think WoW is a great game.

     

    I think you should probably just stay playing WoW forever.  You like WoW, and you're now going to compare every single game you play to WoW. If it doesn't have an aspect that WoW does, you won't like it. If it does something different then WoW, you won't like it. You've defined the one game you like, and defined the multiple games you don't like. If you're happy with what you're playing, just keep playing it.

     

    It takes a particular type of person to be able to try something new and simply appreciate it for what it has to offer. Most people just can't get over the differences from their first mmo, so they complain about how the new game has got it all wrong.  Those people should never try anything new, it's just beyond their capabilities.

     

    My first MMO was Everquest, and that is the one I compare to everything actually (and still play on P99). WoW is a great game, and of course every new themepark I play should have all the polished features of WoW (it is a precedent for themeparks now afterall). But after six years, I need a change, but I need something that is as well done as WoW, with innovation to boot (since it is 6 years later).

    That sentence that I highlighted tells me that you would have a difficult time accepting a game, unless it's WoW v2.0

    Good luck finding what you are looking for, irregardless.

    irregardless is not a word, stop using it.

    It is a word.  Please see http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

    Mobs die faster because instead of 1 mob that you attack like in some other MMO's, in SWTOR it's more often the case that you'll attack a pack of 3-4 mobs at the same time. As a whole you'll take more damage (as a % of your health) than in the regular 1-mob encounters in other MMO's, but the separate mobs in each encounter die faster than the singular mob in an encounter in other MMO's.

     

    As for the OP's question, I think that the major flaw of SWTOR is that it's too much a traditional themepark MMO in its core aspects. It has polish, an abundance of content and as equal the number of features and then some as other AAA MMO's, plus its own changes and distinctions (Crew Skills, companions, cover, Ilum RvR style PvP, VO/cutscene/choice based questing, etc).

    But to people who have burnt themselves out on themepark MMO gameplay because of playing them for many, many thousands of hours over many years, to those people SWTOR might still be too familiar to a gameplay format they used to like but have grown averse to over the years.

    I'd describe that as the major flaw of SWTOR to a part of the MMO population, it all depends how burnt out and jaded some MMO gamers have become and to what gameplay aspects this aversion or MMO allergy extends to.

    This and to piggyback on that, it's not only people who burnt out on themeparks or current gen mmorpg's it's also, those who dislike prices, "why the fuck is this game 60 dolars plus 15 dollars per month?" or "Why the hell do I need to pay 150 dollars for a CE just to get VIP stuff and pay 15 dollars a month?!?!?" Now those are just two of the many statements I heard, I mean many people I speak to about mmorpgs most of the time say "Well damn, I'd play this game if I didn't have to pay 15 dollars per month, shit." 

    Then there are people who don't like WoW even when it first came out and will blindly take this game as a clone. Then you have a guys who are tired of being ganked in PVP. 

    Then guys some guys argue the fact that this game is covering up grind, and why does mobds seem like mobs, but instead of needing a cutscene you don't just walk into the situation and get rid of it.

    Some would think that combat isn't all that great, even when moving and clicking/presses and using cover.

    And on contrary to popular belief on this little forum these really do contain high chances of being major flaws, I beta'd the game it was is a great current gen mmorpg in my opinion but it does have flaws that should be considered.

    May the common sense be with you

     

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • SethiusXSethiusX Toronto, ONPosts: 171Member

    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

    Originally posted by SethiusX


    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

    I'll be sure to demand McDonald's special sauce next time I eat at Tomo Sushi, then.

    Again....the features of ONE game do not make a "standard". A standard is a widely accepted and applied principle...such as hit points.

    If Tomo Sushi offers Big Macs, I would too! Dang, can't have a big mac without the special sauce.

    Well, they don't But since it's the best selling sandwich in America, it should be the "standard", according to some of the "logic" around here.

    Lol, I was joking about the big mac. 

    Besides, certain WoW features have become pretty standard, instances, auction house, rep grinds, etc. Those features may have been around before, but WoW was big enough to make them a standard for themeparks. 

  • kaliniskalinis Dexter, MEPosts: 1,428Member

    Originally posted by RizelStar

    Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

    Mobs die faster because instead of 1 mob that you attack like in some other MMO's, in SWTOR it's more often the case that you'll attack a pack of 3-4 mobs at the same time. As a whole you'll take more damage (as a % of your health) than in the regular 1-mob encounters in other MMO's, but the separate mobs in each encounter die faster than the singular mob in an encounter in other MMO's.

     

    As for the OP's question, I think that the major flaw of SWTOR is that it's too much a traditional themepark MMO in its core aspects. It has polish, an abundance of content and as equal the number of features and then some as other AAA MMO's, plus its own changes and distinctions (Crew Skills, companions, cover, Ilum RvR style PvP, VO/cutscene/choice based questing, etc).

    But to people who have burnt themselves out on themepark MMO gameplay because of playing them for many, many thousands of hours over many years, to those people SWTOR might still be too familiar to a gameplay format they used to like but have grown averse to over the years.

    I'd describe that as the major flaw of SWTOR to a part of the MMO population, it all depends how burnt out and jaded some MMO gamers have become and to what gameplay aspects this aversion or MMO allergy extends to.

    This and to piggyback on that, it's not only people who burnt out on themeparks or current gen mmorpg's it's also, those who dislike prices, "why the fuck is this game 60 dolars plus 15 dollars per month?" or "Why the hell do I need to pay 150 dollars for a CE just to get VIP stuff and pay 15 dollars a month?!?!?" Now those are just two of the many statements I heard, I mean many people I speak to about mmorpgs most of the time say "Well damn, I'd play this game if I didn't have to pay 15 dollars per month, shit." 

    Then there are people who don't like WoW even when it first came out and will blindly take this game as a clone. Then you have a guys who are tired of being ganked in PVP. 

    Then guys some guys argue the fact that this game is covering up grind, and why does mobds seem like mobs, but instead of needing a cutscene you don't just walk into the situation and get rid of it.

    Some would think that combat isn't all that great, even when moving and clicking/presses and using cover.

    And on contrary to popular belief on this little forum these really do contain high chances of being major flaws, I beta'd the game it was is a great current gen mmorpg in my opinion but it does have flaws that should be considered.

    May the common sense be with you

     

    here is why its star wars. Second all new games that have a rpice are usually 60 now. The sub is because its a sub game really people i hate free 2 play so do alot of players. Sub is better for me 

    id rather pay my 15 dollars then hit gates i have to spend upwards of 50 to get past which is what happens in alot of free 2 play games. 

    yea i know gw 2 is buy to play. Wait till u look in there story shhh dont tell others gw 2 will have a cash shop.

    There are no major game play flaws with this . Other then it has traditional mmo , and rpg elements to gameplay and combat. The game runs smooth, and i hit only 1 or 2 bugs in my weekend play throughs

    I cant vouch for higher levels but lower levels this game ran very well. i only got a guy to 16  .

    There is no game breaking lag or bugs that will make this game unplayable like most games that lost players. 

    The ce is so much cause its star wars. That darth malgus statue will be worth more then that in 5 yrs on ebay. Star wars collectibles like this end up being worth more then paid for the entire ce

    Then u take in all the other stuff u get and its worht the 150 , if id of had 150 dollars id of bought it i couldnt so i went standard digital version

  • HaukenHauken Mo I RanaPosts: 649Member

    Only time will tell. My bet is raids over and over again. with a set recipie on how to beat any given boss.

    Im hoping tho that these guys are bringin something new to the table. What i dont know....

    What i really hope is a space sim expansion in the future that is more of a sandbox. All out war in space. And spiced up with some story arcs and big epic batlles with cruisers and stuff.

    Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

  • SethiusXSethiusX Toronto, ONPosts: 171Member

    Originally posted by Hauken

    Only time will tell. My bet is raids over and over again. with a set recipie on how to beat any given boss.

    Im hoping tho that these guys are bringin something new to the table. What i dont know....

    What i really hope is a space sim expansion in the future that is more of a sandbox. All out war in space. And spiced up with some story arcs and big epic batlles with cruisers and stuff.

    You know what, I think TOR could really stand out as an MMO if they really expanded on the space combat element. The game is pretty darn polished and fun as is, so this could be a big selling point in the long haul perhaps.

  • stayontargetstayontarget Tacoma, WAPosts: 6,068Member Uncommon

    yes it does and I'm not going to even mention the core mechanic flaws.   From what I have heard BW's license agreement with L/A states that the game has to launch in 2011 or run the risk of losing the license,  this could be the reason BW is launching the game during the holiday season.  If this is true then I would also expect the game to have very little end game content.

    Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  • Angier2758Angier2758 Mt. Prospect, ILPosts: 1,011Member

    Originally posted by SethiusX

    Originally posted by Cthulhu23

    My one major gripe with the game, as of now, is that aside from the first two planets, every class from either side has to take the same route to level cap.  There are no overlapping of planets during the leveling process, and I think this is something that BW is going to have to add in later.  

    I like this. This is in the spirit of the thread, and it is certainly a possible flaw. It is fixable, but will they be able to correct this before people hit max level and go back and play alts and find they need new leveling content?

    I'd agree this is a good flaw to bring up....

     

    Imagine if they create a battleground type thing (I mean daoc battleground) for lower lvl people....

     

    Now that would be an amazing content patch .... and they could make the story evolve based on who won last time (or how one sided the win was... or if was a close one)... wow that would be cool.

  • UkiahUkiah Austin, TXPosts: 273Member

    Originally posted by Angier2758

    Originally posted by SethiusX


    Originally posted by Cthulhu23

    My one major gripe with the game, as of now, is that aside from the first two planets, every class from either side has to take the same route to level cap.  There are no overlapping of planets during the leveling process, and I think this is something that BW is going to have to add in later.  

    I like this. This is in the spirit of the thread, and it is certainly a possible flaw. It is fixable, but will they be able to correct this before people hit max level and go back and play alts and find they need new leveling content?

    I'd agree this is a good flaw to bring up....

     

    Imagine if they create a battleground type thing (I mean daoc battleground) for lower lvl people....

     

    Now that would be an amazing content patch .... and they could make the story evolve based on who won last time (or how one sided the win was... or if was a close one)... wow that would be cool.

    It would, but then you'd have problems with various worlds being different from each other. That's one of the criticisms of the sharding most MMO's use. True single world games (Eve)  COULD do something like this. But when it's split across hundreds of servers, it's just a nightmare. Granted, the games using this model have so many subscribers, they have little choice. It's just an inherent limit in the design. Outside of some form of perioidic automated reconciliation, I can't think of a way it could be done.

  • artemisentr4artemisentr4 fresno, CAPosts: 1,431Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Loekii

    Originally posted by SethiusX


    Originally posted by Cthulhu23

    My one major gripe with the game, as of now, is that aside from the first two planets, every class from either side has to take the same route to level cap.  There are no overlapping of planets during the leveling process, and I think this is something that BW is going to have to add in later.  

    I like this. This is in the spirit of the thread, and it is certainly a possible flaw. It is fixable, but will they be able to correct this before people hit max level and go back and play alts and find they need new leveling content?

    As an alt player in WoW, this limitation is rather unattractive.   I certainly would not have played WoW for as long as I did, if I was limited to the same zones all the time.  

     

    The ability to modify your progression path, was something that added replayability, imo.   Limiting us to various linear progression lines (as I understand it), makes the idea of playing an Alt though basically the same content, to be far less appealing.

    This may be answered already, but I just got back. If you play an alt on the other faction, no quests will be the same at all. Only some of the flashpoints will be the same. So all the content will be new for each faction on the first run through.

     

    The other intersting factor is the class personal story. The reason for going to each planet will be different. And the way you are treated by the NPCs will be different based on your class. So you may end up doing the open world side quests that will be the same. At least your class story will be unique. Now the higher you get the less class stories there will be. But, the overall world story can be different based on choices. So not everything will be the same.

     

    But I do agree that it would be nice to see more planets added in for mid level questing for alternate paths. But at least you can skip what you don't like and play the space combat for XP and PvP warzones for XP. So you do have options to skip what you don't want to do with alterate XP features.

    “How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

  • SethiusXSethiusX Toronto, ONPosts: 171Member

    Originally posted by stayontarget

    yes it does and I'm not going to even mention the core mechanic flaws.   From what I have heard BW's license agreement with L/A states that the game has to launch in 2011 or run the risk of losing the license,  this could be the reason BW is launching the game during the holiday season.  If this is true then I would also expect the game to have very little end game content.

    Just reading the article on this site (the pre-launch interview) and they mentioned having the tools in place to rapidly create more cinematic content, and are planning to release end-game content pretty quick and on a standard schedule... if these things hold true, sounds like they planned this out well, and just might be able to keep up with how fast most players digest content. Let's see I guess.

  • artemisentr4artemisentr4 fresno, CAPosts: 1,431Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

    Originally posted by SethiusX


    Originally posted by Cthulhu23

    My one major gripe with the game, as of now, is that aside from the first two planets, every class from either side has to take the same route to level cap.  There are no overlapping of planets during the leveling process, and I think this is something that BW is going to have to add in later.  

    I like this. This is in the spirit of the thread, and it is certainly a possible flaw. It is fixable, but will they be able to correct this before people hit max level and go back and play alts and find they need new leveling content?

    Hoth and Quesh share the exact same level range, just to give a small example of diverging leveling paths.

    The problem is that people are judging SWTOR based on the first little bit of the game, since few people other than long term beta testers have seen anything else.

    People seem to think that because they played through 15 levels of the game and read some reviews and interviews, that they KNOW everything that SWTOR has to offer.

    Time will rectify this issue.

     

    To answer the OP....no, I don't see any glaring flaws in SWTOR. The game is not perfect, and has it's faults, but nothing that outweighs it's merits.

     

    I thought this was true. I only played up to level 20 in beta. But even here on mmorpg, they had an interview about the BH story. And it said that the choices you make will send you to different planets for chapter two. So that does sound like alternate paths to me.

     

    Did you ever take the same class through to chapter two and end up on different planets based on choice? Or did you here others talk about the story taking them to different planets?

     

    The problem is that unless we know for a fact this is true. No one will know becaue you can only make one choice. And you will end up playing a different class as an alt and not know that you had a different planets to go to if you made a different choice. I guess walkthroughs and databases will list level ranges on planets for each faction. So we will at least know that we could quest on another planet even if our story doesn't take us there. Just pop into your ship and go there.

    “How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

  • kaliniskalinis Dexter, MEPosts: 1,428Member

    U cant have planets only one faction does. this is an mmo based on a war torn universe. where sith and jedi are fighting over territory. 

    so the sith and republic have to go to the same planets for story reasons. Im not saying they shouldnt havve say worlds same level both sides can do instead of tatooine or balmoora but uc ant have them one faction specific. 

    That woudl defeat the purpose of the game. That said im fine with the way they do things. I did nagrand over 10 times in wow and never had an issue redoing all the same stuff over and over, i did dragonblight over 10 times

    Ive done tanaris and stranglethorn vale and hilsbrad foothills over and over. I know alot of wow players have. 

    I dont think this is a flaw and if u use spacebar to skp the convo to get to choices. on planetary quests it wont be any worse then doing what millions of players did in wow doing the same zones over and over. 

    in fact i knew a number of players whod run the same zones over and over because they knew where everything was and could  therefore level them much faster then going to new zones

    Im sure ull see the same thing in tor. more planets wouldnt be a bad thing at lower levels as id lvoe to go to all of them  but they arent a neccesity and not having them isnt a flaw as wow has proven if the game is fun enough players will do same content over and over and not stop playing your game.

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    Originally posted by kalinis

    Originally posted by RizelStar


    Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

    Mobs die faster because instead of 1 mob that you attack like in some other MMO's, in SWTOR it's more often the case that you'll attack a pack of 3-4 mobs at the same time. As a whole you'll take more damage (as a % of your health) than in the regular 1-mob encounters in other MMO's, but the separate mobs in each encounter die faster than the singular mob in an encounter in other MMO's.

     

    As for the OP's question, I think that the major flaw of SWTOR is that it's too much a traditional themepark MMO in its core aspects. It has polish, an abundance of content and as equal the number of features and then some as other AAA MMO's, plus its own changes and distinctions (Crew Skills, companions, cover, Ilum RvR style PvP, VO/cutscene/choice based questing, etc).

    But to people who have burnt themselves out on themepark MMO gameplay because of playing them for many, many thousands of hours over many years, to those people SWTOR might still be too familiar to a gameplay format they used to like but have grown averse to over the years.

    I'd describe that as the major flaw of SWTOR to a part of the MMO population, it all depends how burnt out and jaded some MMO gamers have become and to what gameplay aspects this aversion or MMO allergy extends to.

    This and to piggyback on that, it's not only people who burnt out on themeparks or current gen mmorpg's it's also, those who dislike prices, "why the fuck is this game 60 dolars plus 15 dollars per month?" or "Why the hell do I need to pay 150 dollars for a CE just to get VIP stuff and pay 15 dollars a month?!?!?" Now those are just two of the many statements I heard, I mean many people I speak to about mmorpgs most of the time say "Well damn, I'd play this game if I didn't have to pay 15 dollars per month, shit." 

    Then there are people who don't like WoW even when it first came out and will blindly take this game as a clone. Then you have a guys who are tired of being ganked in PVP. 

    Then guys some guys argue the fact that this game is covering up grind, and why does mobds seem like mobs, but instead of needing a cutscene you don't just walk into the situation and get rid of it.

    Some would think that combat isn't all that great, even when moving and clicking/presses and using cover.

    And on contrary to popular belief on this little forum these really do contain high chances of being major flaws, I beta'd the game it was is a great current gen mmorpg in my opinion but it does have flaws that should be considered.

    May the common sense be with you

     

    here is why its star wars. Second all new games that have a rpice are usually 60 now. The sub is because its a sub game really people i hate free 2 play so do alot of players. Sub is better for me 

    id rather pay my 15 dollars then hit gates i have to spend upwards of 50 to get past which is what happens in alot of free 2 play games. 

    yea i know gw 2 is buy to play. Wait till u look in there story shhh dont tell others gw 2 will have a cash shop.

    There are no major game play flaws with this . Other then it has traditional mmo , and rpg elements to gameplay and combat. The game runs smooth, and i hit only 1 or 2 bugs in my weekend play throughs

    I cant vouch for higher levels but lower levels this game ran very well. i only got a guy to 16  .

    There is no game breaking lag or bugs that will make this game unplayable like most games that lost players. 

    The ce is so much cause its star wars. That darth malgus statue will be worth more then that in 5 yrs on ebay. Star wars collectibles like this end up being worth more then paid for the entire ce

    Then u take in all the other stuff u get and its worht the 150 , if id of had 150 dollars id of bought it i couldnt so i went standard digital version

    Ok actually let's end this bullshit, let everyone know what the cash shop in GW 2 has, I want you to enlighten everyone, I wouldn't be surprised if someone would respond with "I don't have a pet dog, why are we talking about stuff we don't care about?" 

    What I gave in quotes were actually r/l statements I heard from friends and just people who like/liked mmorpgs. I'm saying how those infact can be major flaws for the games.

    There are some topics on this game that are indeed legit concerns, that some people on this forum think the gameplay with this game doesn't cope with the story well, it's like a "next gen" element then you run into a semi current gen mechanic. 

    Just like many of you guys say(I'm not talking about you kalinis) there are people who think like this outside of this forum.

    Last but not least the whole "why it's star wars." stuff I wonder what LOTRO fans who said "that's why it is lord of the rings." are saying now.

    Oh and can someone give a valid and legit reason as to why pc games cost 60 dollars other than following and not just thinking of a satisfactory price?

    And of course your going to say the 150 is worth it.

    May the common sense be with you (Just my sig don't take offense to it)

     

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • LatronusLatronus Lexington Park, MDPosts: 692Member

    Well OP, you totally lost me with your opening.  WoW a great game and done so much for themeparks...  You obviously weren't around for long before WoW when you were scarred to run across a zone in the dark, when gaining a level was an achievement, death was a bad thing, or when you actually had to group with others to finish quests at every level.  Now, thanks to WoW, it's race to level cap and run the same dungeons over and over again.

    image
  • GolelornGolelorn Hiding From Social Media Peeping Toms, ALPosts: 1,099Member Uncommon

    I believe its major flaw is longevity, or lack thereof. Then again, I disliked WoW for almost all the reasons I dislike TOR. Except, TOR seems like the first run-through would be interesting. My guess is it will be very popular, and end-game content will be added just like it was in WoW.

     

    To the grammar Nazi who clearly missed the memo: "You're not wanted on internet forum sites. Your kind is not tolerated. We all laugh at you. Grow up."

  • DLangleyDLangley Beaumont, TXPosts: 1,407Member

    Stay on topic please. Thanks.

Sign In or Register to comment.