Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.5 million credit VIP speeder?

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Several people have said that digital deluxe players will be able to access the VIP lounge. I have not seen that stated anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by bobfish

Originally posted by DarkPony

Thanks for clarifying but we still need confirmation on where this particular hotrod comes from :) CE vendor or VIP vendor? Or is it possibly an Operation drop or sold from normal endgame mount vendors?

Well, I can tell you it isn't from the CE vendor, beyond that, I don't know.

Cool and thanks. Let's hope they won't add really amazing end game rides like that in the CE store. While I would understand CE buyers having access to certain gimmicks and appearance thingies,  I'd hate to see amazing level 50 mounts and speeders or other advantages that normal edition buyers can never get their hands on.

A prepaid cash shop is a cash shop just the same and I don't play cash shop games. Period.

If they do add stuff like that to the CE store I might not even buy the game anyway.

I'm going to sit and wait and play some more Skyrim to see what happens to the CE store.

*scared is*

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

None of the NPC vendors were working in the VIP lounge during beta, so i'm guessing thats one of the two unique speeders you can buy from the NPC out in Outlaw's Den on Tatooine.

• Originally posted by Anubisan

Several people have said that digital deluxe players will be able to access the VIP lounge. I have not seen that stated anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

it says it in the tool tip for the wristband you can buy

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/12/swtor-vip-lounge-revealed/

kinda hard to make out but you can see it at about 1min into the vid

now they dont get access to the ce store just free access to the vip area and any vip vendors up there except the ce one

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Anubisan

As far as I know, only CE players can get to the VIP lounge...

By far the most elistist concept I have seen introduced into mmo since egar score honestly. Just bad idea from start to finish.

Yeah, if only Bioware was selling Collector's Edition spider mounts for a mere REAL $10 like Rift does.

Trion pre-launch: "We won't be doing micros or opening cash shops."Microtransaction months after launch to the rescue!

Trion post-launch: "Come get your spider mount. Only $10. But we promise.. no cash shop later!"

Bioware should do micros too so they can make one million dollars off of 100K people like Trion's subs who will pay their money to ride this:

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh no!! You did not just say that.

Oh you DID. Better put on your flame suit :)

i see nothing wrong with micros as long as the devs are providing loads of content choices for your sub as well.... which it appears SWTOR is. so far i have seen atleast a dozen mounts. honestly, how many do you really need?

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Ashlinde

By far the most elistist concept I have seen introduced into mmo since egar score honestly. Just bad idea from start to finish.

first of all, no it isnt... second of all... no, it isnt....
    great idea. you want access? buy the CE. you arent entitled to anything, stop being so conceited. all they owe you is access to the game for your monthly sub. want more? pay for it.
    it is a bonus for fans that show their support for the company and the game by paying an extreme premium. they SHOULD get something special that nobody else can get for 150 freaking dollars.

Hehe, I know Pure. He's not serious he's just pulling chains right now.

Go ahead, ask him if he spent the $10 to get Rift's spider mount CE, even though he already purchased a CE at launch. He did. :)

He doesn't think someone paying extra for CE items is all bad or else he would't have done it in Rift. He's just being slightly hypocritical because ToR didn't make it a microtransation but an actual CE.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Yeah, if only Bioware was selling Collector's Edition spider mounts for a mere REAL $10 like Rift does.

Trion pre-launch: "We won't be doing micros or opening cash shops."Microtransaction months after launch to the rescue!

Trion post-launch: "Come get your spider mount. Only $10. But we promise.. no cash shop later!"

Bioware should do micros too so they can make one million dollars off of 100K people like Trion's subs who will pay their money to ride this:

Yeah, that's the ticket.

i see nothing wrong with micros as long as the devs are providing loads of content choices for your sub as well.... which it appears SWTOR is. so far i have seen atleast a dozen mounts. honestly, how many do you really need?

Just the one that I think is the coolest one .... and through ingame means; i.e. earned by investing time and effort and possibly having a little luck. Not through a prepaid cashshop, thankyouverymuchly.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Actually when it comes to mounts it is never enough.... my left eye starts twitching every time i see a new mount.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Thanks for clarifying but we still need confirmation on where this particular hotrod comes from :) CE vendor or VIP vendor? Or is it possibly an Operation drop or sold from normal endgame mount vendors?

Well, I can tell you it isn't from the CE vendor, beyond that, I don't know.

Cool and thanks. Let's hope they won't add really amazing end game rides like that in the CE store. While I would understand CE buyers having access to certain gimmicks and appearance thingies,  I'd hate to see amazing level 50 mounts and speeders or other advantages that normal edition buyers can never get their hands on.

A prepaid cash shop is a cash shop just the same and I don't play cash shop games. Period.

If they do add stuff like that to the CE store I might not even buy the game anyway.

I'm going to sit and wait and play some more Skyrim to see what happens to the CE store.

*scared is*

I don't expect anything to be on the CE vendor that gives an advantage. They have no reason to do that, it is most likely all purely cosmetic stuff, whether it is a companion skin, an item or a mount, it should just be a look, not a stat.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Yeah, that's the ticket.

I have no issue with that since I got CE as gift anyway. Not that I would care if I only have standard editions. It is not game breaking item so it doesnt affect how I play the game. Even if its game breaking, I am not competing with anyone in game. The only goal in game for me is to have fun. So, Bioware can release some uber game breaking item for all I care. As long as I am having fun, who cares what others do/could do.

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

The VIP area is not exclusive to CE.

1million credits can buy you a membership, from guy near by.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Originally posted by leumasx7

beta or release version?

nice mount, but we all know the mounts they release in future content patches will be much cooler, no reason to rage over CE capitalism by Bioware

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Its not the CE vendor, it is just one of the vendors in the VIP area, which is free to access the area for CE & DDE owners, or you can buy access for one million credits.

The CE vendor is an Ithorian.

So a normal edition player can get an access pass to the VIP area and can buy stuff from vendors there apart from the special CE vendor, is this right?

From what I understand they only made the VIP lounge visitable for 1 million credits during the beta. Normal players won't have access after launch.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Who wants a big ass mount anyways, small and sleek please.

So I take it you dont like plus size women. ERR NM you were talking about in game items. image

I didnt order the CE simply because I spend enough on gaming each year as it is. If TOR was the only game I intended to purchase, then I would of paid the extra.

Between new releases, DLC, and grabbing the SW flavored 360 bundle, I will be donating plenty to the hobby this next year.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Originally posted by Arcona

Originally posted by leumasx7

beta or release version?

nice mount, but we all know the mounts they release in future content patches will be much cooler, no reason to rage over CE capitalism by Bioware

Early beta didn't have at all. later beta did tho. So guessign will be same in release. *shrug* Can't confirm really.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

For 1.5 mil I'd expect to have a speeder a friend can ride on with me.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

thats the biggest pvp target ive ever seen.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by Beanpuie

thats the biggest pvp target ive ever seen.

It's a trap !

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

1m credits buys a wristband to get past the bouncer and up the elevator to the VIP lounge, but it doesn't grant you access to the CE vendor. Nobody knows what thet vendor sells, since you couldn't access then during testing.

Ergo, those mounts (the one from that video and another one in another thread) were purchased somewhere else in-game.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Wait a second... so I pay 150 EURO (= 214 Dollar) for a CE AND THEN I have to pay 1.5 million credits ON TOP to get this?

WTF! You must be kidding me. I thought the CE shop was for real money, not millions of grinded ingame bucks!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Elikal

Wait a second... so I pay 150 EURO (= 214 Dollar) for a CE AND THEN I have to pay 1.5 million credits ON TOP to get this?

WTF! You must be kidding me. I thought the CE shop was for real money, not millions of grinded ingame bucks!

No cash shop, CE only gets you access to the vendor.

• Originally posted by Xondar123

Its not the CE vendor, it is just one of the vendors in the VIP area, which is free to access the area for CE & DDE owners, or you can buy access for one million credits.

The CE vendor is an Ithorian.

So a normal edition player can get an access pass to the VIP area and can buy stuff from vendors there apart from the special CE vendor, is this right?

From what I understand they only made the VIP lounge visitable for 1 million credits during the beta. Normal players won't have access after launch.

AllisonBerryman

11.18.2011 , 07:43 PM

We want to make sure this is very clear: only Collector’s Edition owners will have access to the Collector’s Edition Store, which is listed officially as one of the benefits of the Collector’s Edition. There will be other ways to obtain access to the VIP lounge on the Fleets (one of which is spending a large amount of credits), but those players will NOT be granted access to the Collector’s Edition Store. We have not changed the offerings in the Collector’s Edition – they remain as they have been listed. We apologize for any confusion there may be regarding the topic, but we have not altered the official offerings in the Collector’s Edition in any way.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=630165&page=22

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

The amount of hypocrisy on this thread is overflowing. :/

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by kishe

Pay 2 play, usually don't have item shops for real cash, and no one likes that anyway. To pay for your virtual fame, shouldn't u use your virtual money? HMM

"CE- GETS VIP MEMBERSHIP FREE, if alternative from beta stayed. possible to buy your membership for 1mil credits, Cannot confirm if kept, atm"

Also 1million credits is fairly easy to get.

and as post said above. VIP shop, has multiple vendors, their is a special CE only one up their. 

CE- get free VIP room membership, as well as having the CE vendor up their, other's must buy membership, to get up their, and can only access the other VIP vendors.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by kishe

Meh, I had hoped for a cash shop. Real money is so much easier to get than ingame money! XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert