Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy SWTOR Product - CD Key emailed?

xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

I was wondering seeing that alot of red zoners are buying from the Amazon store or other online shops buy purchasing a physical copy of the game. They shipment for most of them will be shipment date on the day of release rather before and the delivery time for most of these will be 4-15 days depending on where you live.

I was wondering if there is a online store that you can pre-order and recieve a CD Key via email on day of release (or ealier) rather than the boxed copy (or both).

Thanks!

Comments

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

The only way is to just buy the digital version of the game.  They will email you product key code prior to the Dec. 20 launch date so you can keep playing.

I never heard of a retailer emailing you the CD key then shipping you the CDs, since they would have to open the box to get the code on the CDs.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by SBE1

The only way is to just buy the digital version of the game.  They will email you product key code prior to the Dec. 20 launch date so you can keep playing.

I never heard of a retailer emailing you the CD key then shipping you the CDs, since they would have to open the box to get the code on the CDs.

That's exactly what EA want's you to do so they can inflate the usage of their shitty Origin service. Don't play their game.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by taus01

That's exactly what EA want's you to do so they can inflate the usage of their shitty Origin service. Don't play their game.

There are other ways than EA to get a Digital key.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Just buy in store on release. problem solved?

Originally posted by Joshua69

Just buy in store on release. problem solved?

If you read the original post, the whole problem is he is in a country that is not officially supported by Bioware, so he has to use other means to get a copy, its not sold in stores.

Originally posted by xenoclix

I was wondering seeing that alot of red zoners are buying from the Amazon store or other online shops buy purchasing a physical copy of the game. They shipment for most of them will be shipment date on the day of release rather before and the delivery time for most of these will be 4-15 days depending on where you live.

I was wondering if there is a online store that you can pre-order and recieve a CD Key via email on day of release (or ealier) rather than the boxed copy (or both).

Thanks!

www.g2play.net is a place ive used quite often.

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142

Stephen Reid said this on twitter last night.

Rockjaw: Digital orders for #SWTOR from origin will be emailed Game Codes starting December 16, 2011."

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Too bad in Australia we cant use Origin to buy SWTOR as its restricted - so other means such as other online stores that email you the cd key after purchase - i just had a look on google, but alot seem dodgy you know.

I shall look at www.g2play.net

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

There are a number of companies in the past that have done this, although the genuine ones can be hard to spot amongst the con artists.

However, putting aside arguments about G2play's potential legitimacy, they are currently selling game codes on their site for swtor. While I have not purchased swtor from them, I have ordered previous titles through them with no problems whatsoever, and never had credit card details stolen or game keys cancelled as some ppl claim has happened to them.  

I have purchased 8 or 9 titles from g2play to date, including starcraft 2, mass effect 2, assassins creed and portal, all use online authentication such as steam, blizzards launcher, or ubi's launcher service and not one key has caused problems, and I continue to log into their respective services and play them without issue. Some of the keys they supplied were clearly taken from retail boxes as they sent screen shots or scans of the key along with pictures of the packaging.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Blackrayn

Rockjaw: Digital orders for #SWTOR from origin will be emailed Game Codes starting December 16, 2011."

Actually, they should already be doing that. I got mine the same day I preordered from Origin and that was on July 27th. I applied the code to the SWTOR account and it has it as a preorder retail copy with the bonus color stone game item.

If you are looking to go digital, at least Origin should be sending you the key within 24 hours unless something has changed.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I pre-ordered a couple of games from amazon, for a specific pre-order item only offered by them, and I believe they emailed the CD key ready for prestart so you should be OK.

• ArtheariusArthearius Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by Falcomith

Actually, they should already be doing that. I got mine the same day I preordered from Origin and that was on July 27th. I applied the code to the SWTOR account and it has it as a preorder retail copy with the bonus color stone game item.

If you are looking to go digital, at least Origin should be sending you the key within 24 hours unless something has changed.

Thats merely a pre-order code.  You will still need to input your game code when you recieve it.  If you don't your access to the game will be suspended at 12:01am 12/20.

• LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member UncommonPosts: 49

Now I may have misunderstood this, but whoever supplies you with the pre-order code will have sent it when the order was made. This is because BW has indicated its a first come first in policy based on when these codes are registered on your ToR account.

I believ,e however, that this will only allow you to access servers until the official launch day on the 20th. At or before that point you need to enter a 'full game key' to play beyond this date (or any grace period that may appear before go-live). It's this full key that Origin will have to start issuing.

Originally posted by Arthearius

Thats merely a pre-order code.  You will still need to input your game code when you recieve it.  If you don't your access to the game will be suspended at 12:01am 12/20.

That is how I was viewing it as well. I entered the pre-order code and got the early access and color stone accpetance part. But, it was my understanding that was just for pre-order confirmation. And that on the 16th or after is when I will be getting the acutal CD game key to be able to play after early access is done?

Origin dispatch pre order keys immediately, which had to be added to your swtor account to process your position in the staggered early access. However, on the 20th Origin automatically upgrade all pre orders to full retail accounts provided your credit card transaction goes through,  logging into swtor with your origin account details completely removes the need for adding any additional keys.

On the 16th, Origin are set to start processing and billing customers for pre orders prior to launch, this is what Stephen Reid's tweet was referring to. While they will provide you with a retail key once the transaction is processed there is no need for it, it is purely for your own records, as it is automatically applied to your account by their system.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Originally posted by Arthearius

That is how I was viewing it as well. I entered the pre-order code and got the early access and color stone accpetance part. But, it was my understanding that was just for pre-order confirmation. And that on the 16th or after is when I will be getting the acutal CD game key to be able to play after early access is done?

Yeah.  It is a seperate code from the Pre-order code.   This code will be emailed to you if you went with the digital copy prior to Dec. 20.  If you went with the physical copy, it is the code on the DvDs inside the box. Amazon is delivering mine on Dec. 20, so I have to stop playing early morning and wait for my box.

There is a lot of confusion between pre-order codes and product codes by many posters so you have to be super clear.

Originally posted by Hexcaliber

Origin dispatch pre order keys immediately, which had to be added to your swtor account to process your position in the staggered early access. However, on the 20th Origin automatically upgrade all pre orders to full retail accounts provided your credit card transaction goes through,  logging into swtor with your origin account details completely removes the need for adding any additional keys.

On the 16th, Origin are set to start processing and billing customers for pre orders prior to launch, this is what Stephen Reid's tweet was referring to. While they will provide you with a retail key once the transaction is processed there is no need for it, it is purely for your own records, as it is automatically applied to your account by their system.

Good to know, thank you Hex! Never ordered off of Origin before so this was / is new to me. Again thank you!

Good to know, thank you Hex! Never ordered off of Origin before so this was / is new to me. Again thank you!

Actually I stand corrected, due to the fact pre order items are tied to retail keys, SWTOR are advising everyone to enter their Origin code into your swtor account details as soon as you have it. This is to enable access to these items in game during the early access period, rather than having to wait until the 20th for the account update from origin.

Regards Hexcaliber

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Actually I stand corrected, due to the fact pre order items are tied to retail keys, SWTOR are advising everyone to enter their Origin code into your swtor account details as soon as you have it. This is to enable access to these items in game during the early access period, rather than having to wait until the 20th for the account update from origin.

Correct. As, like you said the key they send you for preorder through origins is actually a digital retail key. They will just turn your account off if your CC cant be charged.

Like many of us that preordered already and entered the key, we noticed that our bonus items, like the color stone, were active in the last few betas.

So yes, get the keys in now so you can get into early access as early as possible as they mentioned that it depends when you enter the key that will determine if you have 7 days or less then 7 of early access game play. Also, so that you can use the bonus items that come with the package you ordered.