Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: SWTOR: Rules of Enragement

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

MMORPGs are dead, they're all CORPGs with world chat now days hehe :)  Everyone plays the solo version while occasionally connecting to 2-4 players, then goes back to solo play...that "is" Co-op RPG isn't it?

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

He is confusing Luke with Hayden,,, er Anakin...

Not cool.

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Great article.  I have to say this one made me LMAO.    Everything was so right on..   About the die hard fans and their complaints.  I know what you mean.  I'm not a big fan of SW in the least, just a casual fan.  I'm totally stoked for this game though and sometimes the complaints about how "inaccurate" things are really cut into my enjoyment of the game.   Ahh but gamers will be gamers... and it takes all kinds to make an MMO world work right?  Love the  references to Wow too.  I spent many years playing but it's been a long time.  I do have a child that got hooked and the description you wrote is dead on -- at least while he still was playing.. 

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I thought Luke was a whiney brat, but then I watched the prequels and Anakin is so much worse.

How he went from being the pathetic waste of space he was in Ep 2 & 3 to the badass of Vader in 4, 5 & 6 is still a mystery to me.

• SysOpPsycheSysOpPsyche Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Coyote Sharptongue

...gouge the midichlorians out of their day nurse with plastic Jell-O spoons.

The Nurse has MIDICHLORIANS!

OMG! Where is my SPOON!?!

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

+10 for the Spaceballs reference.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Originally posted by rygard49

+10 for the Spaceballs reference.

+Chuck Norris Winning for the Skyrim plug.

• bamdorfbamdorf Member UncommonPosts: 150

That does  it.   I am not signing up to hit the beaches with the first wave.   Like Omaha beach, it promised to be a bit messy.

---------------------------
    Rose-lipped maidens,
    Light-foot lads...

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

Great article, please keep it up. You've got a natural talent for delivering comedic lines while making good points at the same time. I've started looking for your articles first when I visit the site.

Oh, and i think you're right - Jack Black is both zany and AWESOME.

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140

I was really enjoying the article, until I got to the picture of the bedroom set and realized that I still have my sheets/pillow-cases/comforter/drapes from the 70's .... Then I cried. I passed them on to my son when the prequels were released and made Star Wars popular again, but then he outgrew them (15 now) and yet... I STILL have them.

ROFL!

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

lol! Great read.

• Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178

167 Million Subs? or 167 million pre orders?

I just simply can't believe that this game has 167 million monthly subscribers. I just don't see that happening for any MMO. Box orders, perhaps, but subs, nooooo way.

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• Mr.CoyoteMr.Coyote Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Reion1

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Funny read and yeah star wars fans are fucking creepy

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by SysOpPsyche

Originally posted by Coyote Sharptongue

...gouge the midichlorians out of their day nurse with plastic Jell-O spoons.

The Nurse has MIDICHLORIANS!

Not to be confused with mondoshawans though..

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429

I just simply can't believe that this game has 167 million monthly subscribers. I just don't see that happening for any MMO. Box orders, perhaps, but subs, nooooo way.

Huh?

I'm pretty confident when I say no one has EVER claimed the game has either 167 million subs or pre-orders.

I think your getting $ amounts predicted and sub numbers confused there my friend ..

The fact that you can see box orders hitting 167 million baffles me heh :p

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

SWTOR is World of Warcraft with a StarWars skin.{mod edit}

GET OVER IT COYOTE. Just because you want to play the game doesn't mean it's NOT a WoW clone. Anyone with eyes can see that it is, and in fact the subscriber #'s has no bareing on whether or not the game itself is actually "Good". Quality of Quantity, or did you forget that phrase sir? WoW had around 10million subscribers, most of whom multiboxed 3+ accounts per person, and the game was shite terrible. WoW is, and always has been, considered the "Entry Gate" MMO for new people to the genre. It's not actually a good game, sorry :(.

WoW certainly was the most "successful", but is by far NOT a quality MMO.

{mod edit}

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by demarc01

Huh?

I'm pretty confident when I say no one has EVER claimed the game has either 167 million subs or pre-orders.

I think your getting $ amounts predicted and sub numbers confused there my friend ..

The fact that you can see box orders hitting 167 million baffles me heh :p

It's um, right there in the opening paragraph of the article?  "Star Wars: The Old Republic is going live at the end of this month, and to date it already has over 167 million subscribers making it the largest MMORPG launch ever recorded by man.

That's million with an "M". Go ahead, double check our numbers if you want, but the internet never lies."

---

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by popinjay

Coyote:

"If he was really that awesome of a character,  Mark Hamill wouldn't have spent most of the 80's and early 90's whipping up batches of horsey sauce at Arby's."

Or gone on to become one of the best baddass Jokers in DC history. Sorry Coyote but you lose on this one because if you're going to count Arby's, count his work as the Joker as well.  But overall, nice and witty.

...and it only took him 30 years to find work. Good for him.

Great read Coyote. Thanks!

Joined - July 2004

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

only problem with the article was allowing reader comments.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

It's um, right there in the opening paragraph of the article?  "Star Wars: The Old Republic is going live at the end of this month, and to date it already has over 167 million subscribers making it the largest MMORPG launch ever recorded by man.

That's million with an "M". Go ahead, double check our numbers if you want, but the internet never lies."

Reion1, meet hyperbole. Hyperbole, meet Reion1.

Coyote, thanks for the laffs!

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

Best article ever.  lol... Darth Brooks....

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Reion1, meet hyperbole. Hyperbole, meet Reion1.

Coyote, thanks for the laffs!

Oh, I got TROLLED? I didn't see that one coming. Reion1 welcome to the internetz.

---

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

If there was a :hug: emote, there'd be one here for you.

Handled with aplomb, +1 internets to Reion1 image

If there was an accept /hug emote I would be getting hugged right now. +1 for Reion1's hugability.

---