Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crossclass respeccing..

I know this has been discussed to no end during beta, but here we go again...

So far it looks like there will be no high level cross class respeccing, but characters might get a chance to switch advanced between level 10 and 20. This should be implemented after release as well as an option to have dual specs...

Now my personal problem is that i would love to play both a Trooper Vanguard Tank as a Trooper commando healer.. but i somehow refuse to play the same story twice, because that feels just utterly boring to me. It seems to me that there is absolutely no replay vallue for replaying the same class.

The reasoning for not letting people crossclass respec is very simple, as gameplay might be utterly different between 2 advanced classes, they dont want to have unexperienced players at high level. 

But despite Biowares good reasoning i feel very limmited inside the trooper class for not being able to respec between tank and healer.

What is your opinion on this ?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

My guess will be you will be able to play both down the road you'll just have to buy them in the Item shop.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Pretty sure i read that they were looking into proper AC respeccing for after launch. I have to agree that i wasn't too chuffed when i first found out we were locked in as i really doubt i would level the same class twice, i'd have to be very bored and have nothing better to do with my time.

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

I say give it time.  I feel Bioware may bend under the pressure of the community wanting dual/tri/quad/whatever spec.

But I voted on having multiple specs in the same advance class.  This would save me some credits from respeccing every so often.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

It takes one hour to get from lvl1 to lvl10, usually by level 15 you'll know if you like the AC or not...so I dont see much point in the respecs just to save you from 2-3 hours.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I disagree with no replay value, the alternate AC combined with differerant conversation/force choices provide 2 very good reasons to role an alt. I admit I am biased as an alterholic, but I liike the idea roling 16 characters, fullying exploring all story options, duel speccing would shrink the replay for me. Also I prefure when players know their classes well from start of endgame.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

A/C dual spec? No thanks.

Dual spec within an A/C? Sounds like a fine idea.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

You may start with only 4 but basically there are 8 classes in the game. Pick one and stick with it. If you want to play both sides of the split then do it. It is not that big of a deal to replay a story or part of a story twice.  At least it is not Aion where you play the same story 8 times if you want to play all the classes on one side.

Now if they wanted to add some kind of dual classing / multi classing / sub classing system where you could say take a max level Vanguard and give him the sential class (or any of the others) and starting that new class at lvl 10 and allow him to switch between them outside of combat I would love that. You would essentially be leveling the character twice, just housing the two classes in one body so to speak. That would be cool. Lineage 2 does this and it works well.

If you have to level both separately then I am for it. If you just want to respec having only leveled once then it seems like too much of a give away.

All die, so die well.

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by zevni78

I disagree with no replay value, the alternate AC combined with differerant conversation/force choices provide 2 very good reasons to role an alt. I admit I am biased as an alterholic, but I liike the idea roling 16 characters, fullying exploring all story options, duel speccing would shrink the replay for me. Also I prefure when players know their classes well from start of endgame.

I don't mind the thought of that either. But, if we are gonna go that route, then they need to allow more then 8 character slots per server.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by poefue

I say give it time.  I feel Bioware may bend under the pressure of the community wanting dual/tri/quad/whatever spec.

But I voted on having multiple specs in the same advance class.  This would save me some credits from respeccing every so often.

I'm in agreement with you on this 100% and voted the same as well.

• GI05GI05 Member Posts: 17
    I am in favor of being able to switch between specs in one AC. The good thing is if you play the same base class the story is gonna be the same but your choice won't.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Dual speccing within an advanced class? Yes.

Dual speecing Advanced Classes? No!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Freedom and choice my good man.  I could care less about what anyone else thinks, If you are going to offer different avenues of gameplay and different avenues of class play then you msut have the freedom to choose which gameplay and which class play you play at any given time.  If I play Sith Inquisitor I should be able to respec between Sorcerer or Assasin even if it is at a cost.  It would be completely different if I said I wanted to spec betweeen Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agnt whic his obviously a no-go but respeccing at will between a class options is a must for the long term health of a game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i am all for dual talent specializations but absolutely no AC respecs. if someone makes a mistake and picks the wrong AC they should be allowed to make a ticket and possibly get it changed once, but other than that definitely not.

being able to respec your AC defeat's the purpose of having AC's in the first place.

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by baphamet

being able to respec your AC defeat's the purpose of having AC's in the first place.

^^^ This sums it up best.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by poefue

Originally posted by baphamet

^^^ This sums it up best.

So why not cancel the subclasses and give all 4 classes on each side 5 trees to spec in. Double the number of attainable skillpoints, and then add the automatically attained subclass skills to the 5 trees as a bonus for spending points in those trees.

Actually the whole (sub)class system is a very weak point of the games design.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Lots of polls about this on the official forums and almost always "No" was the majority.

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

Well most other games do  the same text quests over and over when you reroll so. I rather not see that option and i prefer the think before you pick a class option.