Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Screamin' Deals for All Things WoW

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Blizzard Store is featuring some amazing deals for any and all things World of Warcraft related. Whether it's the WoW Battle Chest for $5 or Wrath of the Lich King for a measly $10, there are deals to be had for the Azerothian in your life.

• WoW: Battle Chest for $5 (reg. $19.99)

• Cataclysm for $20 (reg. $39.99)

• Wrath of the Lich King for $10 (reg. $39.99)

• Celestial Steed mount for $10 (reg. $25)

• Pandaren Monk pet for $5 (reg. $10)

Grab these smokin' deals before December 19th at the Blizzard Online Store.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

ooooh.. that is so tempting. 

*grumbles*

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Box + sub + store items = GREED

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Box + Sub + Store items = good profit.  Calling it greed just shows your jealousy for not coming up with the idea.

Originally posted by Ausare

Box + Sub + Store items = good profit.  Calling it greed just shows your jealousy for not coming up with the idea.

Whatever mate, no hard feeling and enjoy your great community, your grind, your pandas and your trade channel!

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Originally posted by MyPreciousss

I agree, when I go shopping I only go to the stores where everything is free, how dare a company charge for stuff!
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Haha get it for dirt cheap before December 19th, so just before TOR's release then, yes Blizzard?

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

From what i see it doesn't include EU so screw you Blizzard. This was your last chance before GW2 and TSW (don't care about TOR).

It appears in EU everything is 30% off

Originally posted by eayes

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

I agree, when I go shopping I only go to the stores where everything is free, how dare a company charge for stuff!

Yeah, it's totally what I wrote, I want the game for free. The "+" could have helped your reading there.

It's thanks to people like you that companies making already insane profits could add payable items in mmo's that were previously included in your box and subscription. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

My only real wow experience was playing the f2p trial up to level 20.

So seeing this starter pack for 5$ including 30 days was actually tempting.

So I went to the European Blizzard Store to check:

We have to pay 10€ for the battle chest (13.50$) and for Lich King and Cataclysm 25€ (34$).

5$ > 13.50$

10$ > 34$

Can someone tell me why we Europeans have to pay 3 times as much?

Harbinger of Fools

Most likely different distributors and business managers in Europe.  Might be different costs (taxes, rights for usage, EU fees, etc.).  Costs of items in different countries are usually due to local law and the company is not going to pick up the bill for them.

Ah no nothing about laws. During discount sales here you get old classics like Bioshock for the same prices as the daily deals on Steam.

I just meant to say that Blizzard is still greedy and the minor discounts Blizzard Eu offers us is a joke compared to the US discounts.

I'm used to companies charging us in the 1$ = 1€ manner but this "offer" from blizz is hilarious.

Harbinger of Fools

Shrug...as far as the greedy comments...if you have a job why don't you go into work and demand to be paid less...otherwise you are just greedy trying to get everything you can get.  Companies price by what something will sell that still covers costs and makes a profit.  Just because someone prices something more than you think it is worth is not greed...it can be stupid if no one buys it at that price.  As long as people will buy it though it is called being business savy.  Something the youth of today does not seem to understand with their desire to have everything given to them for free or their belief that businesses are here to serve them. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I don't get the greed whines either.  A good deal if you want to play Wow.  

Like I have said before, SWTOR will put a big dent in Wow initially until everyone finds out there is very little end game content in SWTOR at the present time.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Enjoy purchasing all of this only to be later hacked and have to use their awful customer service which will include you printing a form and mailing it to them with identifying documents. Yeah, I really want to send personal documents to a company that can't keep my information safe in the first place.

I don't have a virus or a trojan, my password is 16 characters long, hacked twice. Hackers have and continue to use packet sniffers on the client. The only way around that? You guessed it, pay them more money for an authenticator that should be provided as a free service given their history of hacks.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I don't get the greed whines either.  A good deal if you want to play Wow.  

Like I have said before, SWTOR will put a big dent in Wow initially until everyone finds out there is very little end game content in SWTOR at the present time.

by this logic their subscription numbers should be stable if not growing rather than in sharp decline. It is still a huge game, and a good game, but I think the general consensus is that people are over it and ready for something new. Even if that something new is just a slight improvement.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

A ploy for pocket-change before TOR comes out.  Not a bad move, but necessary on their part. . .they know their bleed is going to continue.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I bet they sell quite a few bundles of these for Christmas presents. For parents with kids that have never played the game, it is in fact, a very good deal. As for those of us willing to pay a sub fee, I guess our secret is out, we are the 1%  o_o

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

Funny how the fanboys jump in and say I'm whining about blizz offering me a discount.

Ok ok you are right. I have to pay 3 times as much as Americans and that's totally fair and a reasonable offer.

Harbinger of Fools
  • AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

What's funny is that the reduced pricing and the launch of TOR will most likely do wonders for their game community with the modest influx of new and probably older players coupled with the diehard fans.

Won't help what's going to happen to established guilds once TOR launches though.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Originally posted by Dakeru

Can someone tell me why we Europeans have to pay 3 times as much?

I would guess the exchange rate is to blame.

No as said thats not only it. They plain charge more.

Battle Chest 5$ in the USA > 10€ in Europe.

10$ for Lich King and Cataclysm > 24€ in Europe.

Harbinger of Fools
  • 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

The greed comments in here are so naive.

Companies (yes, even game development studios) are in the business of making money.

End. Of. Story.

On topic, these are great deals across the board for anyone interested in the game still.

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

I wouldn't play WOW if it was FREE. Not bashing just not my cup of tea.

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Dakeru

Funny how the fanboys jump in and say I'm whining about blizz offering me a discount.

Ok ok you are right. I have to pay 3 times as much as Americans and that's totally fair and a reasonable offer.

You freely admit you know nothing about the business laws in your country, and yet still cry unfairness.

Maybe you should take a break from mmorpg.com and go learn something. You'll probably find your answer.