Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Video Overview with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper X gears up for Fallen Earth, a post-apocalyptic wasteland located near th Grand Canyon. Fallen Earth's gameplay features FPS/RPG, 1st/3rd person views, tons of items including improvised equipment and weapons, a variety of vehicles, a real-time crafting system, various skills and abilities, factions and tactical PvP, all existing within 1000 square kilometers of terrain based on real-world topo maps of the area. Check out Fallen Earth: Video Overview with RipperX.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vinillavinilla Member UncommonPosts: 24

The noobs should read the guide sometimes. There was a section "aiming" since your first fight. This video suxx sorry, u made me watch 10 mins how u can't enter fight mode, because you are too lazy to read!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

This wasn't an overview; it wasn't even close to a general summary.  Please find someone that is familiar with the content that is posted as "news", and one that can actually deliver a credible general summary that covers the product being reported on.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Let me know when they finally fix/revamp combat and then I'll take another look.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Let's face it. FE is not a traditional game and it actually takes a few moments to read and absorb how things work. Considering how many apprently skip the tutorial only to flood the /help channel for each detail they don't grasp immediately it seems to be a common failing with todays game players. Please don't judge the game on this video or your first hour in the game. Give it a chance and you'll be hooked.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Sorry Ripper X, but this "overview" is not good IMO. [Mod Edit]

Fallen Earth is not the same as most games. exploration and crafting play a huge part. Learning to craft your own ATV early on in the game is awesome, and teaches you all about how crafting works.

You only played through the Hoover Dam intro and a few mins after, and didnt cover anything about crafting, mutations, AP, stats, attributes, skills or faction.. this wasnt an overview. 

I saw another one of these you did a little while ago, and it was the same. Maybe you should rename to "First 20 minutes of with Ripper X"

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

What to say...

I would venture a great number of people do not bother to read a guide or anything before playing.  They just log in, create a character and go, much like Ripper X did.  So it's the typical newbs experience maybe.

Lot of problems.  The first part was lame where he got attacked by the tech and died.  When the mob is 'hitting' him, he is actually far away and does not appear to be hitting anything.  The tech disappears into the wall while he is fighing so Ripper X backs up and he emerges through the wall.  The lame way those mutants chased him around the atv.  That took way too long and looked ridiculous.  His hands do not grasp the ATV handlebars but grasp air underneath.  Terrible lip sinking, annoying VO, clipping galore.

To me the game looks worse than when I used to play it. 

I had fond memories of Fallen Earth.  There were some really cool things in the game, but I saw none of them in the video.  

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

i had no trouble figuring out how to aim.  i didnt read a guide, or need any help.  clicking a mouse ball is pretty standard in virtually all computer programs, not just video games. 

if the point of this video was to watch someone essentially purposely fail to use an easy tool, it succeeded wildly.

ugh, just finished the whole review. this was the worst ripperx video ive seen in quite a while.

• felizcatfelizcat Member UncommonPosts: 8

Seriously, instead of trying to be funny, reading the help tips would have been a really good idea. That "Aiming" help tip was flashing all along. Maybe they should replace that upgrade button during the tutorial with a big arrow pointing to the help window.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by jeddak

Let's face it. FE is not a traditional game and it actually takes a few moments to read and absorb how things work. Considering how many apprently skip the tutorial only to flood the /help channel for each detail they don't grasp immediately it seems to be a common failing with todays game players. Please don't judge the game on this video or your first hour in the game. Give it a chance and you'll be hooked.

Ho yha...i gave it it a chance, and my god im hooked to the game, been playing since August, and only now i hited 55, been playing as Rifle/Crafter....lol and not even close to max all my crafting trees, startd another toon Melle/Pistol this time and im having tons of fun.

I know what ppl says about the combat animations, but this game is so much more then that, 99% of ingame items are crafted, wich means i add the chance in a long time of crafting me own gear throu out the game as i lvl'd up.

So yha im truly glad i tried this game, cant see myself leaving that soon :D

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

This game certainly doesn't hold your hand as much as most new mmo's. You do need to actually read the tips when first starting out.

I played the game for only a few days so take my comments with a pinch of salt.

Graphics were good, nothing to write home about but acceptable, except I found the fps quite disapointing considering it was certainly no Skyrim, Witcher 2 or Crysis competitor.

Animations are sub-par as previously mentioned but I tend to see through that when actually playing.

Gameplay - I was puzzled early on in the game when I was picking up 'starter' missions, well missions in the starting zones at any rate, where some of the mobs were way too difficult. Looking back, I suppose I've just gotten used to having it easy with modern games.

I tried this game before it went F2P and there were plenty of other players around. I suppose that's even more the case now it's F2P.

Somehow I didn't enjoy the game as much as I expected and I know I probably didn't give it long enough. It seems to have a lot to offer to crafter/explorer types but for me something just didn't feel great about it and I can't even put my finger on it.

So there you go, a pretty worthless review from me too lol.

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by WishMeister

Originally posted by jeddak

Let's face it. FE is not a traditional game and it actually takes a few moments to read and absorb how things work. Considering how many apprently skip the tutorial only to flood the /help channel for each detail they don't grasp immediately it seems to be a common failing with todays game players. Please don't judge the game on this video or your first hour in the game. Give it a chance and you'll be hooked.

Ho yha...i gave it it a chance, and my god im hooked to the game, been playing since August, and only now i hited 55, been playing as Rifle/Crafter....lol and not even close to max all my crafting trees, startd another toon Melle/Pistol this time and im having tons of fun.

I know what ppl says about the combat animations, but this game is so much more then that, 99% of ingame items are crafted, wich means i add the chance in a long time of crafting me own gear throu out the game as i lvl'd up.

So yha im truly glad i tried this game, cant see myself leaving that soon :D

agreed, this is the best mmo out, and improving by leaps and bounds every patch. this game is a palace, with some of the best character creation options ive ever seen.  too bad all ripperx could do is hit the random button til he came up with an meth head freak.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

There are dozens of Fallen Earth reviews on youtube like this one, of the first hour of gameplay.  I am wondering has any Fallen Earth vets or long time players ever made a review of it?  Please link if so, I cannot find one.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

Hey Rip, is that a paintball gun?  It really looks like a paintball gun..

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I'm surprised I didn't go back the moment it went F2P, it's a decent game, but just didn't merit a monthly sub from me.

I should still have the ATV from my original purchase, hopefully.... or else I'll be pissed.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CediaCedia Member UncommonPosts: 21

Was curious about the game, found this.

Ugh.  That guy is so flipping annoying I couldn't even watch it.  The voice, the attitude... horrible.  Dude, don't quit your day job.