Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are thq able to produce warhammer as we want it

fathernurglefathernurgle new plymouthPosts: 2Member

I would just like to see if there any one else that a little concerned about the previously warhammer titles and whether or not you think thq will be able to produce a mmo to gamers standards???

i personal feel that another company should take the rights to the warhammer as many of  thq previous title have been below standard for example they completely failed and the last stand mode add on in retribution all they needed to do was was and new level cap more waves and new gear for all classes but all we got was one class sure they gave some new equipment but it was achievement base of via dlc. they completely missed the costumers needs

IT just annoys me when i see war hammer with all it history, books full of lore, and amazing art taken and turn to something that cant be full appreciated will thq step up to the standard we need ?

Comments

• zimboy69zimboy69 chicargo, FLPosts: 388Member Uncommon

they already made a big mistake, why oh why have only two sides

why not six    

six would make me wet my pants

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

Maybe THQ was the only company willing to do it.

** edit **
    Also, every decision made, including 2 factions is a result of Games Workshop's decision making process, not THQ. Games Workshop could have decided on the 6 faction thing, but they didn't.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• headphonesheadphones melbournePosts: 611Member

Originally posted by zimboy69

why not six    

i agree. two sides is silly. it should be WARhammer! all for one and one for one.

• StMichaelStMichael Fullerton, CAPosts: 183Member

Some people are just never going to be happy. In order to create a game that fully represents every last thing everyone could possibly think defines warhammer, they'd have to create the entire fucking galaxy in perfect detail. And even then, people like you guys would bitch that they decided to follow one book series' cannon instead of the one you wanted.

The 40k IP is one gargantuan sprawling monster that is incapable of being fully represented in any one form of media. It's defined by rulebooks, codexes, novels, videogames, word-of-mouth, rumors, wikis, the list goes on. The sooner you come to the conclusion that there will be a few things that don't match up with your personal idea of what 40k is, the sooner you can start enjoying 40k games.

• zollenzollen Toronto, ONPosts: 351Member

N * E * V * E * R.

Nor any other companies shall ever be able to deliver what you want in an mmorpg.

1. Budget, which limit what they could do in a game

2. Deadline, which limit what they could put in a game

3. PG rating for kids, no gore/violence, no sexual explicit contents.

4. Technological limtation

5. Too much un-tested innovations could be a risky business which could result of bankrupty.

Learn to adjust your own expectation.

• manio22manio22 IrakleionPosts: 35Member

What the last 2 guys said, period.

P.S. MMOs Always developing, always improve...

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    --Voltaire

• Dave3216Dave3216 GeelongPosts: 133Member

Originally posted by lizardbones

** edit **

Also, every decision made, including 2 factions is a result of Games Workshop's decision making process, not THQ. Games Workshop could have decided on the 6 faction thing, but they didn't.

Lets not be naive here. If GW said 3 sides or more you know THQ is going to say whoa hang on budget will be blown it will delay launch considerably and its too much hard work to balance for the money effort we are willing to pay. GW would fold like a deck of cards hence the rubbish that was the previous warhammer mmo.

• StMichaelStMichael Fullerton, CAPosts: 183Member

Originally posted by Dave3216

** edit **

Lets not be naive here. If GW said 3 sides or more you know THQ is going to say whoa hang on budget will be blown it will delay launch considerably and its too much hard work to balance for the money effort we are willing to pay. GW would fold like a deck of cards hence the rubbish that was the previous warhammer mmo.

GW is so incredibly protective of their IP that they won't let ANYTHING go through without their approval. They may be a little flexible with "small" details just in the interest of making the game work (disciple of khaine comes to mind), but if they wanted 3 factions, there would be 3 factions or there wouldn't be a game. They wanted 2 because that's how all their large multi-race clashes have always been.

So please, stop making shit up to get a dark age of camelot successor. It may happen sooner or later, but it won't be this game.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Simcoe, ONPosts: 1,384Member

why not six    

because in the major campaigns they, you know, split it up into 2 sides usually, seeing as the races arnt retarded, and know that fighting themselves while there enemy is attacking is, you know, NOT a sound tactical decision?

Originally posted by headphones

why not six    

i agree. two sides is silly. it should be WARhammer! all for one and one for one.

And war has what to do with all for one and one for one? I guess you cant have allies in war all of a sudden?

Originally posted by StMichael

Originally posted by Dave3216

** edit **

They wanted 2 because that's how all their large multi-race clashes have always been.

Ding ding ding! finally someone who isnt just pretending they know about 40k cause they played a game in the universe.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.