Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up to 7 days Early Access

I do not really know what to make of this, I know it's been said that early access was going to be up to 5 days. But I was reading my pre download page for early access and this was on that page.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

So what are you guys thoughts on this one? Think BW/EA decided to give out a few extra days for those that pre-ordered late? I am still going by the 5 days, because I might be just misreading this or missing some information somewhere.

Comments

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Direct from Stephen Reids Twitter.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Early Game Access *starts* on December 13th. Emails will be sent on the day you get access.

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

Interesting.  Got to think pre load 7 days and access 5 days, maybe their wording is wrong, dont know.  Would be awesome though.

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

Nice 1 cheers for posting this.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

This shit jsut gets worst and worst for me...i have to leave to washington the 13th and wont be back until the 18th....As it is im missing out on 3 days. Now it might be 5 days??? bullshit.

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

All i can say is 

WOOP!

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Dang it my classes start holiday break on the 19th, I was prepared for that however, but now the 2 days early might complicate things a bit. Hmmm gotta come up with a work around.

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

Just a heads up if you login to SWTOR site and click on My Account and then Pre-order you will see a Download link for the client..

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

If you played the beta at the end of november then you can just update your client. 

• jackdaw31jackdaw31 Member Posts: 26

From the mouth of EA itself, to us game sellers, although the release date is still officially the 20/12/11 in the UK, due to the pre-order/early access scheme, all retailers can sell the game from the 15th. However, this does not mean a buyer can play from the 15th, or 16th etc. THAT is purely based on the date they have registered the pre-order.

We have also been told that no one will be able to play at all untill the 15th. You may of course install etc before hand.

This is not to say they MIGHT change their plans, but unlikely at the moment.

Too many alts!!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Nice so you actually CAN download the client before early access starts. Then enter your official code later for your other goodies. Guess I'll start the download tonight.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I think I'll hope (in the back of my mind) for the 13th but still keep to the 15th or after for general planning.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by pl3dge

Direct from Stephen Reids Twitter.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Early Game Access *starts* on December 13th. Emails will be sent on the day you get access.

omgomgomg....Yay!

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

Just got this in an email 10 minutes ago.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• devilboy911devilboy911 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Good, good 13 is too early for me but the way I see it this will increase my chances of getting the early acces by the 15th!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Downloading it right now.  I had the client from Thanksgiving, but I want to make sure there is no hiccup.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Killswitch34Killswitch34 Member Posts: 87

:)

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Downloading it right now.  I had the client from Thanksgiving, but I want to make sure there is no hiccup.

Same here, cleaned it off my system and fresh install. 7 days early is nice, I pre-ordered immediately and entered the code, so hoping .......

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Got my email :D

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

yeah got my email earlier, chuffed

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by DarkerFate
    Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

Just got this in an email 10 minutes ago.

Maybe the order you get the email is the order you get into the Headstart. /wonders
  • HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Good thing if they added two more days to pre start. Means that they are on schedule and that they found time to reduce stress on the starter areas to something that might be one of the biggest launches of an MMO.

I remember the launch of LotrO and it was a challenge the first few days. Standing in line to kill mobs. Some quests took hours.

See you at the business end of my lightsaber or blaster......

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• jackdaw31jackdaw31 Member Posts: 26

Balls, got an email too......

So much for booking the 15th off...

Bloody EA, Wish they would just keep a date....such a pain in the arse tbh....lol

Going to get so much grief from the punters we have told that its defo the 15th now.....

Too many alts!!

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Well... that sucks, already booked my remaining vacation days and can't change it. Part of me hopes that's a typo.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Whatever... working out of town that whole week and won't get home til late Thursday the 15th... but then I have 3 weeks off image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED