Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who have pre-ordered.............

Hi All

Could you tell me how long it was when you got your "early access code" from when you pre-ordered?

Also where did you pre-order from & what date?

I pre-ordered from play.com on 30th November 2011 & still haven't got my code.

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by erictheonly1

Hi All

Could you tell me how long it was when you got your "early access code" from when you pre-ordered?

I pre-ordered from play.com on 30/12/11 & still haven't got my code.

I have absolutely no idea what format that date is in.

I ordered on the first day possible, 7/21, from Amazon and got my code in about 3 minutes.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Well unless your from the future you didnt pre order it then....lol. I went to gamestop and got it the same day though. Always easier getting it there than anywhere else in my opinion and you get to talk to fans on the release day. i preordered the day it went live to do so.

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

Pre-Ordered mine from Gamestop way back when they first released it. Got the code on the top of the Receipt of the pre-order. Judging by your date looks like you got your pre-order recently? I don't know what play.com is first time I've heard of such a site. So, I'm not gonna be any help to you in that way. 

If anything that site should of provided you with a promo code as soon as you pre-ordered? I'm guessing. 

• Kvasir_029Kvasir_029 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Hi All

I ordered on the first day possible, 7/21, from Amazon and got my code in about 3 minutes.

I was confused too when I first saw the date, as that would be December 30, 2011. lol. I assume they meant 30/11/11.

On topic, I also ordered from Amazon in July and had my pre-order code within an hour. I have no experience ordering anything with play.com.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Well the poor person's date is a typo.  In any event, I ordered one a couple weeks ago and one a few hours after orders went live. Got both (keys) in less than 10 minutes.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Someone else on here has already reported that Play.com does no have anymore codes to give out.  That being said, you preordered so late, you'd probably only be given one day of early access.  Still waiting for that announcement from Bioware.

• ShadoGearShadoGear Member Posts: 46

Sorry, just realised the date was wrong so edited original post.

play.com is a UK based site

I queried my code with them a few days ago and was told this:

"Please note that your code will be sent to you via email as soon as it is available, and ask that you regularly check your main email inbox, as well as any spam or junk folders you may have. Also, please be aware that the script being run to generate the codes does so on a first-come, first-served basis, so there may be a slight delay in you receiving your code".

I accept that i will have to wait, but i'm just curious to see how long others waited, preferably those that have ordered recently.

Originally posted by Ikeda

Someone else on here has already reported that Play.com does no have anymore codes to give out.  That being said, you preordered so late, you'd probably only be given one day of early access.  Still waiting for that announcement from Bioware.

Do you have the link to the thread?

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

I did my pre-order from my local Gamestop 4 days ago. Never got a pre-order code. Talked to the manager, was first told I would get my pre-order code when I picked the game up. Which obviously defeats the purpose of a pre-order that offers early access. Once I pointed this out to him I was told "We don't do that anymore."

I hate Gamestop, always have, always will, but in this case I had a huge number of games to trade in so I went there. 

Long story short, I sent an email to [email protected] with the Heading "Gamestop didn't give me a pre-order code."

In said email I gave them a brief description of my problem, told them which store I got it from, and included a scan of my receipt.

Today, I received my code with an apology and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps anyone else that may run into this problem.

@OP...I would contact the seller first, if that gets you no results try the method listed above.

Take care.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Sorry, would have posted but  I have a TON of posts to look through lately to find the one.  Then I realized I commented on it and that would have lessened the search.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/333999/page/1

Thank you Ikeda

And everyone else who has posted advice, much appreciated

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Hi All

Format is english, day-month-year. Gotta assume he ment 30-11-11 though not 12 /shrug.

Originally posted by Ikeda

Sorry, would have posted but  I have a TON of posts to look through lately to find the one.  Then I realized I commented on it and that would have lessened the search.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/333999/page/1

On reading that thread i've now cancelled my pre-order with play.com & gone for amazon.

Got the code after 2 minutes, brilliant!!!!!

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

I used to use Play.com for all my game purchases but since last year, they've been late with every pre-order I placed. So, The last few pre orders, including SWTOR I've ordered from Amazon.co.uk instead. They send out pre-order codes almost instantly and have always been on time with the box delivery.

If I were you, I'd cancel your Play.com order...... just log into your account, select outstanding orders and cancel that one. Then go to Amazon and re order from there. You should have your pre order code straight away. You won't get in on the first day of the head start now but  I got the impression that those that missed the first day should get in on the second.