Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch is at least 8 days away, what are you playing in the meantime?

What is everyone playing while they wait for SWTOR to launch?

Me? I'm stuck at the moment. Can't decide which crappy mmo I want to play for a week.

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by songbrdrenee

What is everyone playing while they wait for SWTOR to launch?

Me? I'm stuck at the moment. Can't decide which crappy mmo I want to play for a week.

I am playing Skyrim Over 170 hours in and I am downloading World of tanks as we speak haha.

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

I'm currently in the middle of a weeklong trip to southern california.  When I get back to the real world, I have a pair final to worry about and plenty of work to catch up on.  So, right about the time all of that is finishing up I should be playing the Head Start :)

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

Skyrim and D2!

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

World of Tanks and EVE Online.

I only have 80k more RP to go until I have officially researched every German tank in the game!  E-100... you are nearly mine!

EVE also just released a new free xpac (all of EVE's xpacs are free) that includes four new ships and some massive graphical upgrades among other things, so I've been PVP'ing over there in mah new Tornado and Naga Battlecruisers.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am playing the MMORPG.com forums

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'm playing the free 30 days Age of Conan is offering to veterans, bored out of my mind wanting this game to release!

Oh yea...and working..

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

I only have 80k more RP to go until I have officially researched every German tank in the game!  E-100... you are nearly mine!

EVE also just released a new free xpac (all of EVE's xpacs are free) that includes four new ships and some massive graphical upgrades among other things, so I've been PVP'ing over there in mah new Tornado and Naga Battlecruisers.

Hey hourglass, how does the game work exacly? To get other tanks do you need to purchase them from a item store? I am still downloading the client.

• lanalana Member Posts: 5

Moving. Followed by staring at the walls.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Diablo 2, Torchlight and I'm thinking of getting back into WAR.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Got a bit bored of Skyrim so stopped playing it for the time being until the toolkit is released, other than that just the odd game of BF3 here and there.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I don't even know why that is a question, Skyrim yo! I'm in the 100s as well. Have the game fully modded with almost ever high quality graphics mod out there too, it would give ultra settings on BF3 a run for their money for sure. 

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Im surprised nobody has mentioned KOTOR yet, i thought people would want to brush up on their bioware lore.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

Originally posted by Aeolron

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

Hey hourglass, how does the game work exacly? To get other tanks do you need to purchase them from a item store? I am still downloading the client.

While there ARE a handful of tanks that can be purchased from the item store, they are mostly terrible.  The Type-59 being the only one you may really want, and it only costs 30 bucks.

Otherwise you can get new tanks in one of two ways:  There are tank trees, much like skill trees in themepark MMO's.  You play a tank and earn credits and research points towards your next tank.  Some tanks allow you to branch into several tanks, other tanks only progress to one other tank.  So you earn RP's and spend those on the tanks you want.  You also earn what it called Free Experience which is a percentage of the experience you earn for a specific tank.  This experience can be spent anywhere.

The second way to get a new tank is to buy back your Research Points in the form of free xp.  If you have a tank that is fully upgraded and you continue to play it, then you keep earning research points in it.  If you WANT, then you can spend Gold (purchased with RL money) to convert those RP's into free experience and basically level your way through crappy tanks without ever having to play them.

Basically you can play the game totally free, or you can spend some gold and get where you want to get quickly.  I've personally done a combination of both.  I played through about half the tanks in the german tree and spent some RL money buying my way through the others so I didn't have to use them.  Wargaming makes some of the tanks in your tree suck horribly ON PURPOSE to make you want to buy your way out of playing them.  So if you take the free path, then you'll have some times where you want to waffle face on your keyboard.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

So, I heared it's "So-I-day" ...

So, I'm playing Skyrim in the meantime ...

So, I'm on my third character: A redguard female this time ...

So, I've installed a nudemod for extra immersion ...

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Lots and lots and lots of smoking, The Prodigy on blast, and watching tons of gameplay fotage of the empire while doing so!

Not playing the empire so figured it wouldnt be ruining the story, and I can feel kinda like im playing? lol

-_- so sad...

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Im playing EvE online, pew pew pew;

Also playing GW and trying to get the achievements done so i can have the goodies in GW2;

Im trying DCUO and the new ddddzzzzzzzzztttt expansion. Looks decent. Servers down a bit often;

Will replace DCUO for Battlefield 3 if i get bored of it;

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Playing battlefield 3 and trying to shake off the DT's.image

P.s spending way too much on christmas.

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I'm avoiding games entirely, so I can dive in fresh and rested.  Going to read the new "Revan" book in a couple days to get in the proper mindset.  And another bonus of TOR, let's me wait until Skyrim hits the bargain bin before buying it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

I got burned out on Skyrim, so I'm trying something completely different.  I'm reading a book.  Currrently reading Stephen King's new book, 11/22/1963.  Not too bad at all.  

• joartsiljoartsil Member Posts: 21

... with myself inevitably.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Zelda, LoL, Skyrim, MINECRAFT

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

AssCreed and Afterfall (that game is -so- funny)

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Skyrim and the new Batman

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Well, I'll try to talk the wife into some slap-and-tickle, knowing that in a week or so she'll be sorely neglected for a while.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

BF3,  still have skyrim and arkham city to play but I'm addicted to BF3 at the moment.

Have TOR pre-order but TBH with Back to Karkand expansion for BF3 coming out so close to TOR launch I'm doubtful I'll even create a char till into the new year.