Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I kept my Preorder..

Because I love this game, so much fun so much to do, the flashpoints are a blast the different planets are great and a big plus,.. the wife likes it too Lol

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

omg I kept mine too!

I'd write a 1500 word manifesto about why, but I'm just too tired.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Good to hear! I enjoyed the game as well.

I was part of the larger Beta testers and have been "testing" it for the past few months.

I must say that I am a little upset with how people who "hate" it or are "disapointed" with it.

From my understanding, Bioware never put any other impression out there as to what SWTOR would be. Those who are upset about it had some other idea of what they imagined the game to be, rather than accepting what Bioware was making it to be.

To each their own though. I'll be playing SWTOR and those who do not like it can go play something else.

I'll see you on the Battlefield, Aeolron!

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by Icewhite

omg I kept mine too!

haha I hear ya , I thought it was time to start a post on " I kept my preorder " instead of always seeing the negative aspects of " I cancled my preorder " haha

Originally posted by Karnage69

I was part of the larger Beta testers and have been "testing" it for the past few months.

I must say that I am a little upset with how people who "hate" it or are "disapointed" with it.

From my understanding, Bioware never put any other impression out there as to what SWTOR would be. Those who are upset about it had some other idea of what they imagined the game to be, rather than accepting what Bioware was making it to be.

To each their own though. I'll be playing SWTOR and those who do not like it can go play something else.

haha Nice write up bud! yeah I completely understand where you are comming from. myslef I have played every mmo out to date, and honestly, this game feels different from the rest, like I said I am tired of all the hate and what not, thats why I made this post.

What server are you going to play on? PvE, RP, or PvP ? I'm not sure myself, but I know I will be playing empire as my first faction.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Yes I kept my Pre-Order as well but...

Are you saying that some beta testers are larger than others?

"I was part of the larger Beta testers"

Its supposed to be humorous but I guess I'll stop there becuase my humor train tends to get me into trouble.

Anyway I don't really care if people like the game or don't like it.   I'll enjoy it while I play and that's really all that affects me... Now if I was a major share holder... I might care.. but I'd never invest in EA so anyway.

Originally posted by Antarious

Yes I kept my Pre-Order as well but...

Are you saying that some beta testers are larger than others?

"I was part of the larger Beta testers"

Its supposed to be humorous but I guess I'll stop there becuase my humor train tends to get me into trouble.

Anyway I don't really care if people like the game or don't like it.   I'll enjoy it while I play and that's really all that affects me... Now if I was a major share holder... I might care.. but I'd never invest in EA so anyway.

what he meant by " larger " is a perminant beta tester.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

omg I kept mine too!

I'd say something about keeping my pre-order, but the last time I did Tard came by and told me he switched it to the Hello Kitty mmo...thus exposing my dirty little secret love of kitties.......

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I tried Hello Kitty Online but it was too ... pink.  To stay on topic, I kept my pre-order too.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

It's all great that you've found something you like but balance is good, so here's a negative post for a positive topic.

The game is as generic as they come. I didn't enjoy it and I do not want to support mediocrity by giving Bioware my money.

Sadly others will, reinforcing the idea that cloning gameplay pays off.

It's a sad time for the evolution of the genre.

..Cake..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • apollobsg75apollobsg75 Member Posts: 66

I was part of the beta test too, but I only weigh 130 lbs. image

Well, either play the game enjoy it, play the game and hate it, up to you, but the game is fine and every mmo is different.

Can't over analize games, thats how people get burnt out all the time, just play it for what it is or move along.For the people who cancled their preorders thats too bad, but we ( the 90% ) other people will be playing and having a blast in our swtor game.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by sgel

It's all great that you've found something you like but balance is good, so here's a negative post for a positive topic.

The game is as generic as they come. I didn't enjoy it and I do not want to support mediocrity by giving Bioware my money.

I think your in the wrong thread.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Aeolron

Because I love this game, so much fun so much to do, the flashpoints are a blast the different planets are great and a big plus,.. the wife likes it too Lol

Dunno if you got as far as Voss, but it blew me away; even after Tatooinne...

Originally posted by Robsolf

How was Voss? I never got there but almost made it haha.

• Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145

Nice. :)

Argh

And gladly others will, see the forest for the trees.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

The first time I tried the game in June (on my old PC) I was like: WTF is this WoW cloned pile of crap????

Then I got to try it again on my new PC, during the last 2 beta weekends... I preordered shortly after :/

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by hardicon

some people are just so sad and miserable in real life they dont want anyone to be happy with something in life.  go away sad man.

Your fanboi response is much worse, mate. There was nothing trollish about his post, he just voiced his opinion. In my book that doesn't warrant a "go away, sad man"...

Originally posted by Robsolf

How was Voss? I never got there but almost made it haha.

Look-wise, it's similar to the prison planet Belsavis, with lots of huge gnarly trees, except there's bunches of huge canyons and stuff; lots of cool views from on high and whatnot.  The people are extremely force sensitive, and the story is very spiritual in nature.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

They might be tiny steps, but SWTOR does contribute to that evolution; maybe in twenty years or so MMO evolution will get to state you can live with, but I'm not that picky I guess; plus I'm getting old, I can't wait that long. 

Pre-order kept. :)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I kept my CE pre-order =)

Sadly, I'm in the middle of a move and likely won't be able to play until January. =(

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by skeaser

I kept my CE pre-order =)

Sadly, I'm in the middle of a move and likely won't be able to play until January. =(

That sucks Skeaser. Yeah the wife and I kept both CE Preorders as well, it was costly but well worth it.

Well, lets hope your in before January.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

= expansive computer-chair butt, so somewhat "larger"?

:grin::

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

= expansive computer-chair butt, so somewhat "larger"?

:grin::

Haha , I was'nt exspecting that response, Swing and a hit haha.