Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game With a Paladin Class

LightbeastLightbeast Member Posts: 1

I tried to download Allods, and it won't do it. I am now looking for a game a mmorpg, with a pally class, with mix of attack and heals. can ya help?

Edit; i also tried D&D, didn't like it, and WOW is out of the question,

So still no suggestions?

Comments

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

lineage2

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by Lightbeast

I tried to download Allods, and it won't do it. I am now looking for a game a mmorpg, with a pally class, with mix of attack and heals. can ya help?

Edit; i also tried D&D, didn't like it, and WOW is out of the question,

So still no suggestions?

Depends on what your definition of Paladin is but both EQ1 and 2 have fairly standard fair Paladins.  However if you are looking for a character than can fulfill both a tanking/melee and healing role equally there are few games outside of WoW that actually offer that mix.  Paladins are normally plate wearing warrior types (defensive) that just happen to have some healing ability, not really primary healers.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is crazy to think after all these years,there is still a huge void in knowing of FFXI.IMO it is the greatest RPG ever made but has been severely ruined with recent changes.Wow Paladins but you said no way to Wow and good for you,Wow is a weak sauce game.

The Paladin as EVERY class in FFXI ,is done great.My peeve for the class was i think it should have had shorter timers.

People thought  the SWG/NGE was bad lmao,the new FFXI is 10x worse.

You could play a trial of FFXI just to get a feel for what the PLD once was.You play solo in FFXI for the first 10-12 levels anyhow but it is not a true indication of the REAL game that existed inside of grouping.FFXI in it's entirety would confuse people and leave a bad taste just because there is a lot of things you need to understand  that a new player just will not see.

The problem with trialing FFXI to try a Paladin is that it is considered an Advanced class.That means a lot of work just to get the class.You need level 30 in any class just to be able to start the paladin quest.Then you need some smarts/know how and maps to be able to get the Paladin without dying.Before an abundance of net info,FFXI was easily the hardest MMORPG on the planet,nothing else came close.

It is not hard to level anymore in FFXi,but recent changes has made the game into such a joke that the paladin once proud tanking class is no longer needed by anyone.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JonolinbJonolinb Member Posts: 66

What exactly is wrong with World of Warcraft? I'm just curious as to what you dislike about the game that doesn't hold true for MMOs in general.

Also, try the cleric class in Vanguard, if that game is even still running. It seems to be exactly what you want. It also has a paladin class.

• Omegam0Omegam0 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by Jonolinb

What exactly is wrong with World of Warcraft? I'm just curious as to what you dislike about the game that doesn't hold true for MMOs in general.

Also, try the cleric class in Vanguard, if that game is even still running. It seems to be exactly what you want. It also has a paladin class.

There is also a Paladin class in vanguard and from what I can tell is one of the best single target tanks. I recently started one and they have decent survivability due to the heals that they have. (and yes the game is still running).

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Guild Wars has multiclassing.  A Wa / Mo (Warrior / Monk) plays like a hybrid tank / healer style Paladin.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • htiger23htiger23 Member Posts: 113

If you're into Sci Fi games, Anarchy Online has a pretty awesome "Paladin" class.  I use paladin in quotes because they name it Keeper.

Essentially, you're a 2 handed sword wielding secondary healer.  You're a bit of a jack of all trades with auras and stuff.

Check it out some time.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Rift has a Paladin class and Warhammer online has the Warrior Priest class, which is the same thing looks like. But if you're already prejudiced against WoW, you may not like those either.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Originally posted by Wizardry

It is crazy to think after all these years,there is still a huge void in knowing of FFXI.IMO it is the greatest RPG ever made but has been severely ruined with recent changes.Wow Paladins but you said no way to Wow and good for you,Wow is a weak sauce game.

The Paladin as EVERY class in FFXI ,is done great.My peeve for the class was i think it should have had shorter timers.

Paladin's problem in XI is simple...too low of a max hate ceiling. DD's easily can cap hate on mobs very fast due to damage, and consistantly can maintain this output.

People thought  the SWG/NGE was bad lmao,the new FFXI is 10x worse.

No, just no. They completely revamped everything in SWG. In ffxi they added a new form of endgame (while still making the old endgame content relevant), they made leveling A LOT easier, and added a new craft.

You could play a trial of FFXI just to get a feel for what the PLD once was.You play solo in FFXI for the first 10-12 levels anyhow but it is not a true indication of the REAL game that existed inside of grouping.FFXI in it's entirety would confuse people and leave a bad taste just because there is a lot of things you need to understand  that a new player just will not see.

The problem with trialing FFXI to try a Paladin is that it is considered an Advanced class.That means a lot of work just to get the class.You need level 30 in any class just to be able to start the paladin quest.Then you need some smarts/know how and maps to be able to get the Paladin without dying.Before an abundance of net info,FFXI was easily the hardest MMORPG on the planet,nothing else came close.

FFXI hasn't been "hard" to level in since 2004.

It is not hard to level anymore in FFXi,but recent changes has made the game into such a joke that the paladin once proud tanking class is no longer needed by anyone.

Ever try voidwatch? Paladin is almost a necessity.

PLD is awesome in FFXI. I really enjoyed it in WoW (even though you wont play it) because of the way PLDs could DD, Heal, and Tank. Didn't really like them in Rift, I found reavers to be better at tanking.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    EQ2 has Paladins and Unholy Paladins( Shadow Knights) that are both great and eq2 is in the process right now of going full f2p on all servers. OMG! WIN

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Omegam0

There is also a Paladin class in vanguard and from what I can tell is one of the best single target tanks. I recently started one and they have decent survivability due to the heals that they have. (and yes the game is still running).

Might as well play a cleric in Vanguard because the cleric is a full bloen healer with great buffs and to top it alll they wear plate armour and wield 2h weapons and 1hand weapons. Swords, hammers and maces,the obly problem is they can take a while to actually killer harder mobs but it gets better with age. A pallys heal are on a timer so dont expect to tank and keep a group alive because you wont.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    Originally posted by Sylvarii

Originally posted by Omegam0

Might as well play a cleric in Vanguard because the cleric is a full bloen healer with great buffs and to top it alll they wear plate armour and wield 2h weapons and 1hand weapons. Swords, hammers and maces,the obly problem is they can take a while to actually killer harder mobs but it gets better with age. A pallys heal are on a timer so dont expect to tank and keep a group alive because you wont.

yeah unless things have changed a lot, which i doubt.. if you want to tank AND keep a group alive in Vanguard go Disciple.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

RIFT has a Warrior soul named Paladin which is for tanking, but if you're looking for the type of character that can heal and tank, you might try a Cleric, using the Justicar soul for its tanking ability and AOE healing.

Vanguard's Disciple is a bit of a stretch from the true 'Paladin' feel, but it fits the 'attacks and heals' criteria you mention perfectly.  It's primarily a healer, but it heals the party by hitting people up close.

• Alphabeta2Alphabeta2 Member Posts: 35

Final Fantasy XI has an indepth Paladin class, looks pretty badass too.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Vanguard had the best paladin class that could even one-shot kill people on the FFA PVP server back in the day . ... anyways no PVP anymore but still a fun class to play.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA