Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Beta client

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

For those people that bought the digital download version, will it be possible to patch the beta client to become the release client?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Boston, MAPosts: 626Member Common

If you played the thankgiving weekend, you can just patch it up.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714124

"If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: Program Files (x86)EABioWareStar Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client."

• BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

Ive read on the forums that you CAN patch the beta client.

However, I just got a mail from Bioware stating I should uninstall the old client and download the new one once it's available through Origin.

Confusing, I know, but I uninstalled just to be sure.

• slider15slider15 Liberty, NYPosts: 12Member

If you were in the 11/25 or later beta weekend all you need to do is patch. They recommend to delete and reinstall if it is more the 20GB. Some people ust patched everything so some people's directories got as big as 50GB.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Lucky me, lets just hope that there also is a reset button for the whole UI, i somehow broke my tab targetting

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Ive read on the forums that you CAN patch the beta client.

However, I just got a mail from Bioware stating I should uninstall the old client and download the new one once it's available through Origin.

Confusing, I know, but I uninstalled just to be sure.

You can redownload the newer client now instead of waiting if you don't still have the installer http://www.swtor.com/download

• DignaDigna City, CTPosts: 2,014Member Uncommon

From the email sent earlier this week:

Testing Has Come To A Close

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.

########################################################################################

I uninstalled to be safe. *shrug* Hope they have the game client available by this weekend/Monday at least.