Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is almost upon us any of you excited?

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I pre-ordered the CE on day one.  I have the 15th, 16th and 17th off and plan to sit there, eat hot pockets, and watch the full story of the agent unfold...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

yep

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Not really excited. Preordered the game because of few lucky breaks, i could actually buy game for 60$ instead going 55 Euro+shipping+taxes which would come out over 100$, had a chance to play a game. Otherwise i would wait for reasonable price and review from people i trust to break it down to real values, not sugar spiced or just mean.

Story is good enough, but not great as most of other BW games, i guess everything in MMO has to be dumbed down and made idiot-proof to fit lowest common denominator. Thats why im so-so on it.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Hell no... Beta was as i expected... too WoWish for me enjoy everyone else thats playing though :)

• evilhumanevilhuman Member UncommonPosts: 55

I'm so excited  {mod edit}

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Launch day is half the fun, everyone starts at level one, if you wait a few weeks you are forever catching up.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Cacophanist

SWTOR is almost upon us any of you excited?

Nope not even slightly.

I played the beta and was shocked that a company could produce yet another clone MMO.

People must have no imagination or something to be able to play games like this and WOW. Try something different FFS.

like what?

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142

My vacation for work starts the 16th, don't go back to the 3rd. I am ooh so ready! :)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

After the Thanksgiving beta, I was moderately excited.  After the December 3rd beta, I am really excited.  The Dec 3rd client was about the smoothest MMO client I have seen.  Very few bugs :)

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by Tetters

Originally posted by Acvivm

Originally posted by Kyleran

I will be playing it, eventually, but this thread does sound a bit like a marketing shill.  (not that the game needs one)
    But no, I'm not all that excited about it, just another MMORPG in the long run.

So asking others if they are excited about a game is now marketing shill? Wow...I guess being excited about something is impossible on this site since anyone that is, is obviously trying to covertly advertise...

Originally posted by Starwars001

Just days away guys if yo have not pre order do so and you wont be disappointed. Lets make swtor lauch the fastest selling mmorpg genre in the history since the original wow came out.
     Get your brother, wife, gf, sister or what have you. Gwet up those pre order count up even more.
    Its days away folks.
    You can't deny it does sound a tad shill-ish ....

Awww who gives a shill... haha I am so pumped.

imageimage

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

After playing the beta Im pretty much counting the days. I preordered back in August while still being a little skeptical and I'm glad to say that the beta completely sold me on it being a game that I would enjoy. Most of my old guildies are coming over from other games as well so I'd say Im pretty excited and looking forward to seeing what Swtor has to offer.

This sums it up for me too. I was concerned it would be a shallow WoWish MMO but still preordered because I love Star Wars. But after the Beta I cannot wait. Combat is actually fun and engaging. Its been years since I had this much fun in a MMO.

• VahidVahid Member UncommonPosts: 55

I am excited.  I love launch days!

• VoletekVoletek Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Joshua69

I have learned that EVERY MMO is awesome at launch, regaurdless of peoples nit picky objections, or strong reasons to hate a game, MMO's shine when there is an obsurd amount of people running around. I would suggest anyone to get it just because of that. But OMG I have been waiting for SWTOR for awhile now. Really excited, I can finally be myself in game (fat guy) .

Lmao to funny. I hear ya

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Nah not really,want to hopefully try some other Beta's as i'm not yet sold on SWTOR but still on the back burner and have to admit i did have a good beta and was sorely tempted to go sod it and buy it at launch.So really i can hang on as i'm not into Fanboi mode unlike Archeage which i think i would sell my soul just to test !! image

p>
  • moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135

I will be playing it, eventually, but this thread does sound a bit like a marketing shill.  (not that the game needs one)

So asking others if they are excited about a game is now marketing shill? Wow...I guess being excited about something is impossible on this site since anyone that is, is obviously trying to covertly advertise...

Um look at the OP's name. Look at what he typed. If I had a buck for every company that came on here trying to drum up business I would be a millionaire. ( Well a hundredaire any how! )

I was excited prior to the beta testing but now its just meh. I'll get it when I get it. And to the guy that says you will have catching up to do if you arent there on day 1, um, I leveled 22 times in 3 days. Theres only 50 levels..

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

I will wait to buy until they start doing rpomos like special weekend sale get SWToR for only 9.99$, which will probably be around when it hits a year or so.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Vahid
    I am excited.  I love launch days!

Yep, other than the lines and such I generally look forward to a gameday launch of a mmo. So fun to see people everywhere running around saying "awesome" all the time, hehe.

9 more days.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Originally posted by moguy1

Um look at the OP's name. Look at what he typed. If I had a buck for every company that came on here trying to drum up business I would be a millionaire. ( Well a hundredaire any how! )

I was excited prior to the beta testing but now its just meh. I'll get it when I get it. And to the guy that says you will have catching up to do if you arent there on day 1, um, I leveled 22 times in 3 days. Theres only 50 levels..

LOL oh damn I didnt even notice his naem and the way hes marketing lol.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by sammyeli

Originally posted by moguy1

LOL oh damn I didnt even notice his naem and the way hes marketing lol.

And truthfully, I don't believe the OP is a shill at all, as I said, the game has absolutely no need of that sort of marketing tactic, but it was funny how it all came across.

I can understand the excitement, many folks have waited years for a new  SW's  MMORPG and the day is almost upon them.

Now me, I skipped the beta so obviously I'm able to contain my excitement, but hey guys, good luck at launch and I know you'll all have a blast over Christmas break in the new universe.

(Me, I'll be in a different universe, plan on giving Skyrim a go, I'm always behind the curve it seems)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Starwars001

Just days away guys if yo have not pre order do so and you wont be disappointed. Lets make swtor lauch the fastest selling mmorpg genre in the history since the original wow came out.

Get your brother, wife, gf, sister or what have you. Gwet up those pre order count up even more.

Its days away folks.

Back up a minute, if you're excited that's great and all, but I wouldn't go around offering such an assurance all will enjoy the game. Most analyists thus far have predicted it will be the biggest launch yet. I'm sure Ea needs no help on the matter :p.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Super excited. I have a bunch of friends who are all pre-ordered and ready to play. This will be the first time in a game where we all start together on the same server. We all Beta tested over the Thanksgiving weekend and had just a brief glimpse of how awesome the grouping is, so this should be a pretty fantastic week coming up.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Yes, I'm excited. Now, whether or not I'll have time to play it in the busy final weeks of December is a whole other story.

I wish they would have launched just prior to Thanksgiving.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

excited hmm... let me put it this way, i cant play anything else, when i go into to the web i search for SWTOR info i check my email for early acess code download link from origin etc can´t wait m8

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I hate to admit it, but since playing the test weekend, I havent put down the KOTOR games.

I have Skyrim waiting on a shelf, along with my new game plus run on the new Batman. This is besides a plethora of other games sitting, and waiting to be played.

About a month before ME3 hits, I will do several runs on ME1 & 2 as well. What is really sad is that I have played those games more than the KOTORS already.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Akais

I'd already had the pre-order but my wife played the beta this past weekend and she went out and got one as well.

We're excited to be playing, but will have family over to visit as well so don't expect to really get play time until after the new year.

We love the fact that 'solo tough' content can be completed in small groups and that the game not only doesn't reward for rushing, but you are guaranteed to miss story doing it.

I don't like the Barrens Chat... This makes me appreciate the function of literally turning the chat box off.

Isn't it strange how much more relaxed and quieter your game experience is when you don't have a chat box blaring random obscenities and ridiculous inanities at you?

Maybe it's just me...

No it is not just you. Awful chats are well awful and I don't like them as well. There is one thing you might consider.

Try RP servers - usually chats there are BIT better.  There is still trash  going there but frequently (not always but still) community is bit better. That's why I use RP servers in mmorpg's. Not cause I RP myself cause I don't, but community seem more relaxed, more focused on game itself than trash-talking. Some games even enforce 'appropiate names' on RP servers (not sure how it is in Swtor) and NOT having character names like 'Ipwnyourmom' or 'Myhealzarebestnoob' is suprisingly nice.