Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no news?

Hey Mr. Metz, still not used to your new role? How about some news? Or is it like I heard from the grape fine, that your game is really dead, but your trying to figure out how to tell this to your lifetime members?

I guess many would love to hear what you all have been up to since the last note, a few months ago.

Comments

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Funny that mr metz says the game is not dead and that they soon (tm) will have news. But havent we been hearing that for the last half a year that they will have something increadible new and something that will rock the mmo world. But as I have asked them before to prove it, they never did and I think thats because they cant. If they really were working on something great, you would think they would have shown it already. I just think they are looking for legal ways to get out of the lifetime subs. Because closing after 3 months would have made some peeps real angry, so I guess they will wait for a bit longer to do it. If im wrong, why dont they prove it?

To sad no news before the holidays and no holiday greetings from them either. Maybe they are so busy with their external stuff, to keep making money to keep the servers running. But still, they could have shown some compassion.

Well, everyone enjoy your days off and have fun with whatever you are doing!

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I have to agree with you there, you think with a game that had lifetime subs they would at least respect those people enough to take 5 mins and put up a message. What are they worried about, a negative reaction? How much worse can it get? Pretty much any players left have been hung out to dry while the team has abandoned them to work on phone apps.

I never get how a company expects customers to trust them after doing this to one of their product lines. It is a huge red flag that if anything you like from Heatwave doesn't do as expected, then know you will be abandoned as they strip the resourses away from it to work on their next cash grab.

I think they have gotten so bad Bill Roper calls them heartless.

Either talk to your players or put the game out of its misery and offer something at least to the people who stuck with you if you hope to keep any credibility with your company.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by DashiDMV

I have to agree with you there, you think with a game that had lifetime subs they would at least respect those people enough to take 5 mins and put up a message. What are they worried about, a negative reaction? How much worse can it get? Pretty much any players left have been hung out to dry while the team has abandoned them to work on phone apps.

I never get how a company expects customers to trust them after doing this to one of their product lines. It is a huge red flag that if anything you like from Heatwave doesn't do as expected, then know you will be abandoned as they strip the resourses away from it to work on their next cash grab.

I think they have gotten so bad Bill Roper calls them heartless.

Either talk to your players or put the game out of its misery and offer something at least to the people who stuck with you if you hope to keep any credibility with your company.

Well said.

This must rank as the worst lifetime sub in MMO history.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

imagei think its really sad to hear this game has gone down the pan..i found it quite enjoyable to play..but once they started with messin peeps around i left.i,m not sure who's left there.only one i used to hear anything off was Danicia..nobody else would say a peep..its a real shame for the lifers.

imageimageimageimage

• Master_MetzMaster_Metz Member Posts: 15

I understand your frustration, however we are committed and continue to support Gods and Heroes. We are working internally to place Gods and Heroes in a position to move forward successfully in the new year. Many people worked extremely hard to bring the game to where it is now and every big decision requires a lot of thought and planning.  When I have news to announce, you can be sure I will post it here, as well as on the forums, website and social networks.  As always, you can reach me and [email protected] for more specific inquries or comments. 

Thanks and I hope everyone had a happy holidays and a great new years,

Metz - Associate Producer - Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

Originally posted by Master_Metz

I understand your frustration, however we are committed and continue to support Gods and Heroes. We are working internally to place Gods and Heroes in a position to move forward successfully in the new year. Many people worked extremely hard to bring the game to where it is now and every big decision requires a lot of thought and planning.  When I have news to announce, you can be sure I will post it here, as well as on the forums, website and social networks.  As always, you can reach me and [email protected] for more specific inquries or comments. 

Well, thank you for the reaction, I did miss one on the official forums from you guys for the holidays, but you must have been too busy for your fans. I have to be honest Master Metz, we keep on hearing that when you have news we will hear it, but its been months since we heard any news. Thats in an mmo world the death sentence for a game. Then you say with all due respect that you understand the frustration of the gamers, but then tell us where the game stands now. If you fear anything you say may damage the process, well to be honest, the game cant sink any lower than people allready fear. You had some nice screenshots of how the game started to look like! How far are you guys on that? Have you indeed put time in the development or have you been busy with telephone apps to keep making money? See, people want answers not only to hear that when there is news, we will hear it, because we all get that part, but we wanna know where the game stands now and in the near future.

Have a nice day!

PS.: And what do you mean with continued support for the game? Do you mean to keep the servers up and running, but no new stuff or do you mean you are also still developing for the game?

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by jungleninja

Originally posted by Master_Metz

Well, thank you for the reaction, I did miss one on the official forums from you guys for the holidays, but you must have been too busy for your fans. I have to be honest Master Metz, we keep on hearing that when you have news we will hear it, but its been months since we heard any news. Thats in an mmo world the death sentence for a game. Then you say with all due respect that you understand the frustration of the gamers, but then tell us where the game stands now. If you fear anything you say may damage the process, well to be honest, the game cant sink any lower than people allready fear. You had some nice screenshots of how the game started to look like! How far are you guys on that? Have you indeed put time in the development or have you been busy with telephone apps to keep making money? See, people want answers not only to hear that when there is news, we will hear it, because we all get that part, but we wanna know where the game stands now and in the near future.

Have a nice day!

PS.: And what do you mean with continued support for the game? Do you mean to keep the servers up and running, but no new stuff or do you mean you are also still developing for the game?

My guess is free to play with a cash shop.

Your guess may be right. Free to play with a cash shop. But only problem is, that the game is still in alpha/early beta phase. Nothing really to do ingame. Unless they have something that is really cool, even that wont help the game. As I recall, they where busy with lvl 31-35 and the endgame is somewhere if I recall right, at level 40 or so. So, they need to get that done, the rehall of the graphics, which they where doing and the crafting, if I recall right, is something that would blow us all away. Well, gotta see that first to believe it to be honest.

But it would be great to see this game rocking, for I like the era. But as many people, im too busy at the moment with SWTOR and gonna get me GW2 when its out. So...I hope they come through, but I really dont believe they will, as they never proven it. Sad.

if they manage to pull something out of their hat then i may pop back..i did love the feel of the game,the music,even the gameplay was unique.the abilities you got were awsome..and your own housing area from the start.

imageimageimage

Yep, thats the whole fact why people are upset. They have so much potential in their hands and they let it slip away. Ashame actually. The whole theme is wonderfull for an mmo. Too bad the way it whent. But...who knows...maybe they hired some chineese or indian programmers to finish the things up. I know of other companies doing the same. Hiring others to finish it for a small fee, compared to what it would have cost them to do it on their own.

Well, as I said some time ago, only time will tell!

Yep, thats the whole fact why people are upset. They have so much potential in their hands and they let it slip away. Ashame actually. The whole theme is wonderfull for an mmo. Too bad the way it whent. But...who knows...maybe they hired some chineese or indian programmers to finish the things up. I know of other companies doing the same. Hiring others to finish it for a small fee, compared to what it would have cost them to do it on their own.

Well, as I said some time ago, only time will tell!

i suppose one can only hope..for the players.

So...to quote Master Metz on the official forums:

I can't say much more at the moment other than we are working internally from the business side to place Gods and Heroes in a position to be successful in 2012. We are exploring all options moving forward and planning and prioritizing according, we want to make decisions that have the greatest benefit to a large number of people. We are working with marketing on how to increase the player count in a way that is tantalizing to new and old customers that encourages people to return to the game. This might include compensating or incentivizing new and old users in different ways. Timing is also important, releasing news in the middle of the SWTOR launch would be lost in the wind, (That said we would like to congratulate our Austin MMO brethren on a successful launch). As it has been have mentioned in the past releasing new content for a small number of people doesn't benefit our players in the long term, hence why it has been delayed as we work to put together a more attractive package for our customers. We consider this a long term project and want to treat it that way.

Thanks,

Metz     

So...lets see. They wont say anything because of the launch of SWTOR and meaning that it would be lost in the wind. I heard this one from another forum user who said this. So, thats copie of what another person said to use it in their companies benefit. I say, their own player base wouldnt see it as lost in the wind, but as a company serving its player base!

They cant say much more, because they are STILL exploring things. I mean 3 months later and they are still exploring. NOT developing, but exploring! So people....dont expect anything soon! Thats actually what hes saying, because believe me....if they had something to say...they would! No matter what!

Have a nice day!

So...to quote Master Metz on the official forums:

I can't say much more at the moment other than we are working internally from the business side to place Gods and Heroes in a position to be successful in 2012. We are exploring all options moving forward and planning and prioritizing according, we want to make decisions that have the greatest benefit to a large number of people. We are working with marketing on how to increase the player count in a way that is tantalizing to new and old customers that encourages people to return to the game. This might include compensating or incentivizing new and old users in different ways. Timing is also important, releasing news in the middle of the SWTOR launch would be lost in the wind, (That said we would like to congratulate our Austin MMO brethren on a successful launch). As it has been have mentioned in the past releasing new content for a small number of people doesn't benefit our players in the long term, hence why it has been delayed as we work to put together a more attractive package for our customers. We consider this a long term project and want to treat it that way.

Thanks,

Metz     

So...lets see. They wont say anything because of the launch of SWTOR and meaning that it would be lost in the wind. I heard this one from another forum user who said this. So, thats copie of what another person said to use it in their companies benefit. I say, their own player base wouldnt see it as lost in the wind, but as a company serving its player base!

They cant say much more, because they are STILL exploring things. I mean 3 months later and they are still exploring. NOT developing, but exploring! So people....dont expect anything soon! Thats actually what hes saying, because believe me....if they had something to say...they would! No matter what!

Have a nice day!

personally the game should not have been released til everything was sorted..this game reminds me of vanguard release..really poor.i,m not saying that the team didnt work hard,but the game was'nt ready.secondly,if it ever gets ready it really should be at a f2p status..it cannot compete with the other games of today and the ones that are on the way.i does'nt really need to compete has such,it does have a loyal fan base.but when you mess peeps around .this is the end result.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Woah woah woah....

Some people bought life time subscriptions to this game? REALLY? Dang....

Thats really wild. I mean, I wish it'd worked out for anyone who did it.. I just can't believe someone would.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Well you kind to have to understand how everything built up. The dev team and HI members were very active and there was a lot of communication between them and the playerbase. Then they hired Danica and the lines were still pretty good.

The game was always touted as a work in progress and it was known but the understanding was that HI was going to be very dedicated to taking what Perpetuum had left them and keep trying to recode, debug and expand as much as they could. Players were involved almost every step of the way with polls, chats, forum use and other means of communication.

The reason people bought the lifetime subs was a long term investment for heatwave to fix up the game and give them some support from bringing the game back from the dead. You had the Rome setting, the minions, the god system, a lot of features that could really be nice with some expnasion.

Well we all know what happened after that. The game didn't meet their "numbers" as far as box sales went and they scattered like quail, talking about F2P not even 2 months after realease. Then it degraded into the absolute mess you see now where you have to pull teeth to get any kind of response.

The people who bought Lifetime subs may look like suckers now but I hope this gives a little insight of the possible reasons that motivated them. They belived they had a motivated team willing to put the time,effort, and resources in to make the game as good as they could and were willing to put up with the flaws and lack of content until then.

It's a sad story and probably made many new jaded gamers unwilling to trust and game comapny large or small going forward.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Sorry to hear. I did not play (nor have any ineterest in) this game but at least it looked like it was trying to do something different. Sad to see this is how it turned out. Looked like (at least at first) the dev team was really trying to resurrect this title...

I guess it turned into another Dark&Light. image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

from what i see when i check account status,they are still charging a sub for a game that realistically is in open beta stage.the lifers definately got a raw deal..i just hope they can come up with something to compensate those guys.also what makes this really bad is that the game is pretty damn good imo.i thoroughly enjoyed my time playing this game.i,m gonna keep an eye out on this to see where it goes.

dont know..maybe if they reduced the sub on it.might attract a few back like myself.thing is i like the small games like this that try something new.well we'll see.

Originally posted by kevjards

from what i see when i check account status,they are still charging a sub for a game that realistically is in open beta stage.the lifers definately got a raw deal..i just hope they can come up with something to compensate those guys.also what makes this really bad is that the game is pretty damn good imo.i thoroughly enjoyed my time playing this game.i,m gonna keep an eye out on this to see where it goes.

dont know..maybe if they reduced the sub on it.might attract a few back like myself.thing is i like the small games like this that try something new.well we'll see.

We have suggested this before, to make the payment lower. All they are doing is looking into it and in the meantime milking people out. 9,99 euros is way too much for a non finished game. They should be ashamed of themselves for even asking it.

Yes, I would sub if they whent to like 2 or 3 euros a month and then when the game is finished they can charge 5 euros for it. But not 10 euros when there are so many better games out there and with a free to play game like Guild Wars 2 coming.

The game has potential, but I think you need to have able devs to fix it and I think that theres the prob. No news in months, the game has been out for awhile now about 8 months or more and still no new stuff, really hardly any patches and in the last 4 or 5 months no patching. So.....count 1 plus 1 and you know where they go.

We have suggested this before, to make the payment lower. All they are doing is looking into it and in the meantime milking people out. 9,99 euros is way too much for a non finished game. They should be ashamed of themselves for even asking it.

Yes, I would sub if they whent to like 2 or 3 euros a month and then when the game is finished they can charge 5 euros for it. But not 10 euros when there are so many better games out there and with a free to play game like Guild Wars 2 coming.

The game has potential, but I think you need to have able devs to fix it and I think that theres the prob. No news in months, the game has been out for awhile now about 8 months or more and still no new stuff, really hardly any patches and in the last 4 or 5 months no patching. So.....count 1 plus 1 and you know where they go.

well for me they are wanting £8 a month..i can play a AAA title for that.so why would i sub to god's.btw jungle.when was the last patch added to the game plz.

well for me they are wanting £8 a month..i can play a AAA title for that.so why would i sub to god's.btw jungle.when was the last patch added to the game plz.

Well I think its around 3 or 4 months ago. Something like that. But the last patch if I recall well, just made more bugs come out and they never fixed those. They said they would, but never came through on it.

And indeed. For that kindof money I can play many other and better games and I do. I am also a LOTRO lifer, so it doesnt cost me anything to play that one anymore and its way better than this one. But I like the setting of gods and heroes. I like the way they play, etc.

Well I think its around 3 or 4 months ago. Something like that. But the last patch if I recall well, just made more bugs come out and they never fixed those. They said they would, but never came through on it.

And indeed. For that kindof money I can play many other and better games and I do. I am also a LOTRO lifer, so it doesnt cost me anything to play that one anymore and its way better than this one. But I like the setting of gods and heroes. I like the way they play, etc.

i think a lot of people would like the setting..if it was done right.if a major company came out with something like this they would be onto a winner.but thats just my opinion.i,m also a lifer with lotro and i definatley get more bang for my buck .i think thats how you guys say it in the states.tbh i think this game is dead..theyare maybe waiting til the 2 yr mark to shut it down.dont know.but i doubt you will see anymore content in that game..sorry to be pesemistic but HW kind of made me that way.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Really who would buy this cheap ass made game in the first place, theres so much better out there then this, the combat  and graphics were from 1990, obviously a game that had no budget to begin with, you would have to be crazy to think this game would ever get much for updates and content.

Originally posted by Entropy14

Really who would buy this cheap ass made game in the first place, theres so much better out there then this, the combat  and graphics were from 1990, obviously a game that had no budget to begin with, you would have to be crazy to think this game would ever get much for updates and content.

Indeed, thats what people think. If they really had something to say, they would. Thats also why its quiet on the front. They really have nothing to say, then that they are exploring what to do next. Lol! They didnt even take time to greet their fans and gamersbase in the holidays. So....there you have it. I cant make more of it than that untill they prove us wrong, but in the last 8 months or so they havent been able to.

Originally posted by Entropy14

i dont think the graphics were from 1990's..they were more like eq2 tbh.but here is the thing,the game itself was quite fun to play..(guess you had to be there).just the game was handled badly,released way too soon.this game imo was one game that was not wow copy.

imageimageimageimageimageimage