Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: The Past, the Present, and Future

2»

Comments

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

I'm glad this got you guys excited!

I'll be getting more articles out too; be it a war story, some more history + explanation of the first game,  or maybe even an interview with some of the devs :D

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

I can't wait.

Its rare for me to post in the mmorpg forums these days, but i had to add to this.

I too recall the days of planetside with a fondness.

I had a 56k modem, and a sub-par computer with 200 megs of ram, a pathetic onboard graphics card and nearly no processing power.

With all the lag, with all the pain and sorrow...

I still played and paid to play planetside for at least a year. Why? because i loved to hack. I loved being stealth, i adored signing in on early mornings and sneaking into places to cap us some shinys for the days battles. It felt accomplished.

I couldn't get to the big fights, my old cpu wouldnt take them. So i did what i could, and those small fights were wonderous.

Now, in the future, i see the prospect of planetside again and Smile.

Because this time im ready. I have broadband, and i have a high-end gaming cpu. I enjoy bf3, but it just cannot compete with the feeling that planetside gives you: Total War.

That said, to the others above:

They already did try that, they introduced a F2P mode called the reserves. Basically, they did it as a 'story' thing where free players were the reserves brought in for reinforcement. Much like grunts, they were restricted in levelling and couldn't go past level 15, i think.

But the planetside numbers still dropped despite that (I returned for the reserves on my gaming laptop, STILL not good enough to play planetside XD)

• BirksBirks Member Posts: 7

All i remember of Planetside was lag lag lag lag lag lag lag....