Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: 4.3 Changes Everything

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Alalala

Kung Fu Panda is now a kiddie TV series, so WoW players have something to do while the patch is applied.

hate to say this but WoW has always catered to the kiddie market.  At least since BC's release.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

WoWs changing. you cant expect it to remain the same forever. I hate on WoW far to much. It's a game for kids young adults and family's. For what it is pretty amazing after all these years to still be a force like it is. and no i didn't get payed by blizzard to say this.

I have seen so much WoW hate these last few weeks/years it kind of made me smell the roses about my hater like views on a darn video game.

Still a good MMO and it will be for many years possibly.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

While i was frowning on the lore-hounds for years, nowadays i think to approach a game via it's lore is the best thing to do for longterm playing. I noticed way too late that i missed a ton of WoW while taking the fast lane like "just tell me how many X i've got to kill ...k ...brb".

But then, there are always alot of people pushing you. "60/70/80 yet? not? get on, we need a healer" and such. Or you log in and that friend who promised you to play together already got 3 more level under the belt and you've got to hurry up again.

After years of playing, i was too burned out to give it another try and to actually read what i'm doing there. In my next game, i will shurely do so.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

You say everything changes and list not one thing game mechanically that changes.

• wrathzillawrathzilla Member UncommonPosts: 76

So with the dragons now mortal, does that mean after MoP we can play as a dragon kin?

I mean, the worgen are basically the exact same (except with a wolf skin) and they're introducing a neutral race already.. why not another one? 

We all know that the X-pac after MoP will be the Emerald Dream, and being a dragonkin has been one of the most requested races like ever.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by gaugemew

You say everything changes and list not one thing game mechanically that changes.

Read again.. he was talking mostly about the lore of the game, and the fact that, there's really no more bad guys anymore.

To people who like lore.. (not one of them myself sadly) that can change everything.

• Turkish4676Turkish4676 Member Posts: 87

Lore or game mechanics. Does the dev team not always change the world completely with a new patch or expansion?

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

Kung Fu Panda is now a kiddie TV series, so WoW players have something to do while the patch is applied.

[Mod Edit]

First off most north american WoW players WILL try SWTOR so WoW is the majority of your player base.  In fact the game was basicly designed for bored WoW kids.

Second: Having tried the game briefly SWTOR seems to be WoW on Super Easy Mode.  If you find Wow easy SWTOR will be a joke.  Thats PvE and PvP complexity

Third: SWTOR also has the most brutal AI and no complexity to the UI whatsoever.  It truely the simplest MMO I've ever tried.  Even a child of 6 could play this game with ease 

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Originally posted by umcorian

If, somehow, WoW continues to be the big thing going from 2012 onward with the MoP expansion, I'm not going to blame Blizzard or the people who play WoW. I'm going to blame its competition for being so uninspired and narrowminded that Blizzard BEAT them with Pandas.

"Look at us. We're Blizzard. We can take our companies practical joke from 2003, make an expansion revolved around them - throw in POKEMON for good measure - and STILL beat you."

All I can say... Bioware, Arenanet, Funcom... step up your game. Because, I sure as hell don't want to see what WoW 6.0 has in store. How about, talking multi-colored Dinosaurs, in OUTER SPACE?

Orcs....in...SPACE! [...Space...Spa..ace...ace...]

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by bloodbone

[Mod Edit]

First off most north american WoW players WILL try SWTOR so WoW is the majority of your player base.  In fact the game was basicly designed for bored WoW kids.

Second: Having tried the game briefly SWTOR seems to be WoW on Super Easy Mode.  If you find Wow easy SWTOR will be a joke.  Thats PvE and PvP complexity

Third: SWTOR also has the most brutal AI and no complexity to the UI whatsoever.  It truely the simplest MMO I've ever tried.  Even a child of 6 could play this game with ease 

OK, but try to take in note who there target audience is (the masses). SWTOR isn't catering to the niche crowd who wants a revolution in the mmo genre.

There major aim is to turn a profit, which i think they will do but as for longevity thats another matter of time and patience of MMO players...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Abdar

Read again.. he was talking mostly about the lore of the game, and the fact that, there's really no more bad guys anymore.

To people who like lore.. (not one of them myself sadly) that can change everything.

What happened to the Burning Legion and their homeworld?  They just sitting around watching soaps?

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by Xstatic912

Originally posted by bloodbone

[Mod Edit]

OK, but try to take in note who there target audience is (the masses). SWTOR isn't catering to the niche crowd who wants a revolution in the mmo genre.

There major aim is to turn a profit, which i think they will do but as for longevity thats another matter of time and patience of MMO players...

Bad news for you, every MMO company is out to make a profit

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by asrlohz

Originally posted by umcorian

If, somehow, WoW continues to be the big thing going from 2012 onward with the MoP expansion, I'm not going to blame Blizzard or the people who play WoW. I'm going to blame its competition for being so uninspired and narrowminded that Blizzard BEAT them with Pandas.

"Look at us. We're Blizzard. We can take our companies practical joke from 2003, make an expansion revolved around them - throw in POKEMON for good measure - and STILL beat you."

All I can say... Bioware, Arenanet, Funcom... step up your game. Because, I sure as hell don't want to see what WoW 6.0 has in store. How about, talking multi-colored Dinosaurs, in OUTER SPACE?

Orcs....in...SPACE! [...Space...Spa..ace...ace...]

LOL, but i get the feeling this Xpac will have a shorter cycle than the others. Reason being 1) There is no major boss to fight (seems all of them are resting), and 2) Seems pvp is the focus with them mentioning the Alliance & Horde are back at it..

I expect this xpac to get 2 major content patch before they announce another xpac.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Nowadays WoW =garbage.

Blizzard is targeting kids with their Pandas and Pokemen content. On top of this, they're making the game so easy to play, all you need is one finger and one key to play it.

A once top game reduced to a pre-school kiddie theme park.

How the mighty have fallen.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by erikk3189

Blizzard is targeting kids with their Pandas and Pokemen content. On top of this, they're making the game so easy to play, all you need is one finger and one key to play it.

One key play is all the rage.  Rift has taken this concept to the extreme.  

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

ahhhhh, Warcraft has some of my favorite lore. Though I do have to say this seems rather anti-climatic. Wrath's story telling was amazing though.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Stay on topic guys. Thanks.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

"wow is so lame and unimpressive, i am so glad that another company is putting a nearly identical game with a better skin out there, i can feel the immersion already"

the above  ^ 100 = the mmo forum space these days

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KahPaoKahPao Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by erikk3189

Nowadays WoW =garbage.

A once top game reduced to a pre-school kiddie theme park.

How the mighty have fallen.

I so agree with you!   The new adverts with Chuck Norris are comical only because new players haven't a clue what makes it funny.   It was Blizz's cry out to all the older veteran players that quit.   I'll never go back.  Blizz experienced a true "cataclysm" of the kind they didn't intend!  lol

Greatly looking forward to SW:ToR!

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

4.3 was crap. But it's all expected. A major patch dedicated to the raiders, and not much else. Just like in all the previous expansions. No surprise.

Btw, I'd say the author lost all cred when claiming this is the last patch pre-Panda. Staffwriters with self-made "facts", not the first time we've seen that on this site.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Netspook

4.3 was crap. But it's all expected. A major patch dedicated to the raiders, and not much else. Just like in all the previous expansions. No surprise.

Btw, I'd say the author lost all cred when claiming this is the last patch pre-Panda. Staffwriters with self-made "facts", not the first time we've seen that on this site.

Well, its the last "content" patch (i.e. dungeon/raid patch) the next 4.4 will be the setup for MoP like they do the last major patch before each expansion.  

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by Netspook

Will the major event be with 5.0, or will the major event patch come before 5.0?

I don't consider major events a major patch, but some do becaue it contains content.  From m view a major patch is defined as having balance changes as well.  

So the author can be accurate, but at the same time wrong.

We don't know. But we will find out soon enough. image

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Nadia

what I dont like about 4.3

with Cata, all under level 60 outdoor heroic quests were changed to solo player

with 4.3, the same was done for BC / LK content  -- there are no more heroic outdoor quests

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_4.3.0

the only heroic quests under level 80 you will find in dungeons now

WOW was never hard, but removing more challenge reduces the fun

You have no imagination, you want quests to be challenging remove all ur gear, only wear green or grey gear, no enchants.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Even though I dont play WoW anymore I do like to watch there cinematics. That one however was awefull. So Now I dont play it anymore due to lack of fun factor and now the cinematics looks like something I could do. I might have to rethink getting D3 with the quality blizzard stuff has had as of late.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

A few thoughts ...

I thought the cataclysm was initial breaking out of deathwing?  How is it "over"?  That turn of phrase itches.

Given the land is awash in primordial evils squirming to the surface, don't the dragon aspects seem to take the whole end-of-their-role rather easily ... or am I missing a whole book of lore?

The Age of Mortals tagline  does quite seem to fit the atmosphere of the game itself.  The perception of a player actually going through the questlines is that the world are actually leaving behind any semblence of being mere mortals.  It is the nature of any game that uses level for plot control.

Doesn't it say everything that you have this big elaborate cutscene where the "heroes" are actually cut out completely?  The greatest weakness of imposed stories is that in the end, they sideline the players rather than involving them.