Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your most played Games of 2011?

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

For fun I wanted to know what were the games that released this year that you've sunk the most time into.

I don't know if its possible for all games but usually steam keeps track of hours played and certain games save files tell you /played also.

So far.

1. Terraria    320 hours

2. Dark Souls  230 hours

3. Skyrim  125 hours

4. Witcher 2   90 hours

5. Saints Row 3    70 hours

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

1. World of Tanks

2. Requiem Online

3. Skyrim 63 hours

4. Total War Shogun 57 hours.

5. Dragon Age II 51 hours.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Left 4 Dead 2 - 323 hours

Skyrim - 160 hours

Borderlands - 124 hours

Fallout  NW - 84 hours

Terraria - 60 hours

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

1. Total War: Shogun 2 (131 hours).

2. The Witcher 2 (107 hours).

3. Skyrim (only 78 hours, but I'm going to put in a lot more once more mods are released and Bethesda fixes most of the bugs).

4. Left 4 Dead 2 (33 hours).

5. EVE Online (about 14 hours. I returned for Crucible).

It's hard because Steam doesn't tell you how many hours you played this year, only how many total, hehe.

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

For the most part I went retro this year.  Been playing a lot of the older games.

FEAR 1, 2 +addons

Star Wars this and that.. much better games than what is about to be released.

Red Faction 1, 2 and Guerilla

X-Com series

Quake 1, 2 and 4.

Tropico 1, 2, 3

Aquanox 1, 2

I know, you wanted stuff released this year, but there wasn't much released this year I was interested in.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

EQ2 would be the one I played the most

Then Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vega,and Duke Nukem Forever.

It really has been a bleak year for gaming.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

What I've been playing in no particular order:

1. Guild Wars - 300 + hours (this year)

2. League of Legends - 150+ hours

3. Deus Ex Human Revolution - 15 hours

4. The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - 20 hours so far

5. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 10 hours so far

6. Pes 2012 - 20+ hours

7. Call of Duty MW3 / Battlefield 3 - 10 hours

8. Dragon Age II - 40 + hours

9. Witcher 2 - 50+ hours

10. Football Manager 2012 - 40 hours

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by JT

For the most part I went retro this year.  Been playing a lot of the older games.

FEAR 1, 2 +addons

Star Wars this and that.. much better games than what is about to be released.

Red Faction 1, 2 and Guerilla

X-Com series

Quake 1, 2 and 4.

Tropico 1, 2, 3

Aquanox 1, 2

I know, you wanted stuff released this year, but there wasn't much released this year I was interested in.

THat's ok.

Honestly im hoping to find a few gems in this thread that I havent played Yet.

I personally put in 70 hours playing Planescape Torment after buying it off GoG.com.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

Skyrim over 230hrs 

haven't played much else that comes close this year lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Skyrim and Minecraft. They are way in the lead for me as far as time played.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Hands down -Skyrim wins in this catagory for me.   When I get free time I am playing it - my social life has been zilch since this game came out.  What is amazing is I have managed to play more Skyrim in less than a month than other games I have played all year.    That is bad...really bad.   Damn you Bethesda!

Skyrim  - 167hrs

Mount and Blade: Warband  - 135hrs

World of Warcraft  - 123hrs

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Skyrim, 110 hours. 

I also played APB reloaded a bit.

It's been a bad year for gaming for me.  Not much has really intrigued me except Skyrim.  But that's a good thing too.  Worked on my other art projects and bought a new house.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Around 50hours TheWitcher 2 and 200 houres Skyrim not finished yet half way.

Skyrim is my first and only game on Steam so only game i know for sure how many houres.

Bought only 2 games this year so not much games played some old ones replayed.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Skyrim & Tera.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Skyrim, Combat Arms and Civ 5 dominated my free time this year.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Damn you guys play your games hard, I'm the sort that moves to the next one as soon as I finish the campaign. Nothing really dominated my time, I have so far this year completed about 27 games and most were about 15 hours each for me. This was mainly me getting through backlog and picking up games I had ignored before so there weren't many longer RPGs played. 

The more longer games I've put on the backburner as I still play catchup on recent releases...skyrim, Deus Ex, witcher will all have to wait till I finish the likes of Saints Row 3 and Dead island. Which reminds me I should perhaps play some more BF3 and MW3, barely touched them...just two more weeks before finals are done.

One of the best years for gaming for me this year.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

So many games, so little time.

I think I've played Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, WoW and EQ2 the most out of them all.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Damn you guys play your games hard, I'm the sort that moves to the next one as soon as I finish the campaign. Nothing really dominated my time, I have so far this year completed about 27 games and most were about 15 hours each for me. This was mainly me getting through backlog and picking up games I had ignored before so there weren't many longer RPGs played. 

The more longer games I've put on the backburner as I still play catchup on recent releases...skyrim, Deus Ex, witcher will all have to wait till I finish the likes of Saints Row 3 and Dead island. Which reminds me I should perhaps play some more BF3 and MW3, barely touched them...just two more weeks before finals are done.

I can't speak for others, but me personally? It isn't about getting through a game. It's about making it last for as long as possible. It's about taking as many detours as possible, ofc depending on the fun factor in that. Even in Saints Row I did as many odd missions as I could do. I could probably finish it pretty fast if I stuck to a straight line. That however is not what makes games fun for me.

I also don't grow tired of things as fast as others do. I'm very patient with things including games.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Z3R01

For fun I wanted to know what were the games that released this year that you've sunk the most time into.

I don't know if its possible for all games but usually steam keeps track of hours played and certain games save files tell you /played also.

So far.

1. Terraria    320 hours

2. Dark Souls  230 hours

3. Skyrim  125 hours

4. Witcher 2   90 hours

5. Saints Row 3    70 hours

Still Civ 5 for me, though I know that wasn't launched this year.

Strictly sticking to this years launches... Skyrim without a doubt.

This hasn't been a great year for me to get in to my MMOs... I have been playing pretty casually, nothing 'properly', though that should be changing soon with the L2 relaunch.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I get the most out of my games.

If a game has a ten hour campaign ill play it on a couple difficulties and go for achievements.

I'll play the multiplayer until im atleast decent and mess arounnd with Co-op with a steam buddy or with my son split screen on the xbox.

Being a mmorpg player taught me to get the most out of my experience with each title.

Last I checked my /played in RIFT was over 1400 hours. So i guess that takes it for me. However, For my own benefit i was trying to compare single player games. 

Looking for gems I have yet to play this year.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Skyrim, Lotro and Darkfall

Darkfall until they moved the US server

Lotro - taken a hunter from 0 - cap and stuffed around with a few alts

Skyrim - barely scratched the surface but its still early December :)

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

starcraft 2, when I'm not playing it, I'm watching the pros play.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by marcust

Skyrim, Lotro and Darkfall

Darkfall until they moved the US server

Lotro - taken a hunter from 0 - cap and stuffed around with a few alts

Skyrim - barely scratched the surface but its still early December :)

Darkfall untill they moved US server huh?....moved where?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by Z3R01

1. Minecraft.  I don't know how many hours, as I don't keep track of the hours on it.  But I do know that it is number one on my most played list this year.  Easily 300 hours.

2. Terraria.  Around 90 hours.  About 30 hours just since 1.1 came out (awesome patch/xpack).

3. Skyrim.  Around 62 hours.  I'm waiting for the patch that'll fix the stupid no magic resist bug before I continue with it.
  • KeithDragoonKeithDragoon Member Posts: 21

Hmmm

1. FFXIV: over 100 hours(didin't count)

2. Dark Souls: around 80-90 hours

3. Skyrim: 60 hours

4. Terraria: 50 hours

5. TF2: 49 hours

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Starpower

Originally posted by Gabby-air

I can't speak for others, but me personally? It isn't about getting through a game. It's about making it last for as long as possible. It's about taking as many detours as possible, ofc depending on the fun factor in that. Even in Saints Row I did as many odd missions as I could do. I could probably finish it pretty fast if I stuck to a straight line. That however is not what makes games fun for me.

I also don't grow tired of things as fast as others do. I'm very patient with things including games.

Yeh I guess with so many releases I've just become acustomed to a need to play each title and perhaps not spend too much time on a single title. I actually do miss it when I was younger and used to play games for 100s of hours, good times.  That said, I think I always do see what the game has to offer for the most part.

For example Saints row 3 which you talked about, I beat it in about 12 hours. Saw both endings, got full control over the deckers and morning star and upgraded most of my weapons to the max and respect I believe was at 46. So in my opinion I had experienced all of the content pretty much, everything left was mostly repeating the same things over and over or some distractions like challenges and assasinations. I'll probably still start the game and start messing around when I'm bored but I consider the game beat at this point.