Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Walmart canceling 1000s of CE Preorders..

KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Better check you status and try to find another source, if possible.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

This is correct. Mine was canceled today. Karma at work for me wanting to make a profit off of it? Prolly not.

Thread here:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707413

EDIT: A poster in the above thread said they caled CS and they said wait until Tuesday and recheck status. So i won't freak out yet.

EDITED: Here is his post:

My CE was cancelled too. I called the 800 number and got a order rep on the line just before they closed.

This is basically what they had to say. They may still ship that they would know on tuesday the 6th. That there system cancelled the order due to lack of product.

I tried to change my shipping method a while back, but they said there system could not be updated to change the shipping.

Tin foil hat time

I think that they are going to receive the copies of SWTOR on the 6th of December and they have to redo all the orders in order to chance the shipping dates to process the orders. It just seems very odd that they are cancelling orders of people who received actual preorder codes.

Tin foil hat off.

If not we are screwed. I shall call back on tuesday if my order status doesn't change.

This is a major cluster in the ordering process if these cancellations are due to the major cluster of EA/Bio trying to rectify the no grace period thing.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

May wan't to back up such a claim with a link or some sort of evidence as to why they would be doing so. 

*Edit* Too late

Yea that sucks massive loads of donkey parts

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by Xerith

May wan't to back up such a claim with a link or some sort of evidence as to why they would be doing so. 

person above you added a link from the swtor boards, looks like its true

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Originally posted by Xerith

Again I can confirm this is true.

Also look at the link in my other post.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

Looks like they oversold.  If you have purchased from Walmart, I recommend you check the status of your order to be certain.  If you ordered the CE, it may take a bit of creative thinking to get a replacement at this point.  I can't confirm how big a problem this is but it is showing up on the SWTOR forums.  Thousands of people?  Maybe.  Hundreds?  Perhaps.  Just double check your order so you're not left running into town on release day to pick up a copy and salvage some game time.

Edit: Grammar

It's getting better!

One poster in TOR Forum thread said Amazon cancelled 2 of their friends orders today.

Their are going to ba A LOT of pissed people tomorrow!

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Ebay is going to LIGHT UP. 

Maybe they'll make up for it. The Origin deal doesn't look that bad as far as in game content collectables go.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Originally posted by PukeBucket

Ebay is going to LIGHT UP. 

Maybe they'll make up for it. The Origin deal doesn't look that bad as far as in game content collectables go.

Yeah that's why I'm pissed. I was saving my CE to sell next year for a tidy profit. I'm glad i bought the SE from Origin for sure now.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

lol, all those profiteers.. its karma I tell 'ya

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

lol, all those profiteers.. its karma I tell 'ya

It feels like you are correct. I have two co-workers that are/were fighting each other over who I would sell my CE to. They are going to laugh their ass off tomorrow when I tell them.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by bartoni33

It's getting better!

One poster in TOR Forum thread said Amazon cancelled 2 of their friends orders today.

I just checked my pre order at Amazon, and looks all good.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by Kuaidam

It's getting better!

i just checked my pre order at origin and thank god its all good.image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by grunt187

It's getting better!

Seems the CE is really limited. And some of those companies might have oversold their stacks.

Makes me wondering if you guys ever got a pre order code registered to your account?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by grunt187

It's getting better!

Seems the CE is really limited. And some of those companies might have oversold their stacks.

Makes me wondering if you guys ever got a pre order code registered to your account?

Wal-mart actually snail-mailed a physical pre-order code to you. It's up to you to enter it into your account.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Ugh! that sucks!!

This better not spread to other retailers...

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

BioWare did say it would be a limited release.  One poster on the TOR forums said that not only was his CE cancelled, a standard edition he ordered was cancelled as well.  Looks like some retailers decided BioWare didn't really mean it when they said they were having a limited launch.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

And so it begins...

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Ugh! that sucks!!

I'd imagine it'd be a fairly 1:1 ratio depending on the quanity the retailer ordered.

So GameStop, Amazon, and WalMart are probably the most affected just by sheer quanity. BUT GameStop has pretty good relations so they'll probably eek by more. Where as Amazon and WalMart can take the hit, just cuz they have business elsewhere to manage.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Ugh! that sucks!!

I'd imagine it'd be a fairly 1:1 ratio depending on the quanity the retailer ordered.

So GameStop, Amazon, and WalMart are probably the most affected just by sheer quanity. BUT GameStop has pretty good relations so they'll probably eek by more. Where as Amazon and WalMart can take the hit, just cuz they have business elsewhere to manage.

Well, I actually took the chance and used Gamestop, against my better judgement. Had problems with them in the past with pre-orders, so I generally avoid dealing with them.

Anyway, my code is already registered, at least. And I did order on teh first day of the announcement, so hopefully nothing goes wrong.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Ugh! that sucks!!

Well, I actually took the chance and used Gamestop, against my better judgement. Had problems with them in the past with pre-orders, so I generally avoid dealing with them.

Anyway, my code is already registered, at least. And I did order on teh first day of the announcement, so hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Same here. But then if its cancelled I am not that bothered to be honest, the CE package only gives you a coloured crystal in game from what I read. Along with some nice art work books in the box.

Originally posted by Olgark

Ugh! that sucks!!

Same here. But then if its cancelled I am not that bothered to be honest, the CE package only gives you a coloured crystal in game from what I read. Along with some nice art work books in the box.

What? You ordered the CE without knowing what it contained? It comes with a Roomba and the CE-only item shop for in-game. Also a WoW-eske keychain authincator.

Originally Posted by StephenReid

Hello everyone,

We will investigate this issue ASAP, although we may not have further details to share before Monday.

I obviously cannot speak on behalf of any retailer, however I would like to let people know who have pre-ordered and redeemed their pre-order code, that their Early Game Access is still secured. You may apply any Game Code from any edition of The Old Republic to your account.

As I said, we'll look into this ASAP and update you when we can.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

^^ beat me to it. 

maybe we'll hear better news tomorrow. image

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Ugh! that sucks!!

I should've put Best Buy in there too, but they're the guys who seem to mess up my order the most- but they've always resolved it.

Worked at Circuit City for it's last couple of years so ran into this a little. 90% of the time it was preorders with gifts on Latin CDs (had good swag honestly). 

If anything I think GameStop has grown stronger over the last few years in obtaining a good number of boxes so I'd be surprised if they take as big a hit in scratching out pre-orders compared to WalMart. I know the GameStop employees will probably put up a fight to keep them, since they get performance perks for moving pre-orders. LoL

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I guess I am glad I went with origin the first hour it was available for my CE.

The greed of these corporations just blows my mind sometimes. They just do what they want for money and don't care about anyone or anything else. Everyone was told that this would be a limited CE, but as long as retailers can continue to sell a product they don't even have, they will.

What just might really suck for those who may be getting screwed is that there will be no more CEs. They will only make so many of those statues IMO. Sorry to here the bad news for many potential CE owners. At least you can still get another version and apply the code and still have early access.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore