Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so what mmo will you be dropping from..

2»

Comments

• Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145

Just to reply, so I am not just a critic basher in this thread: I am not playing an MMO as of the moment. Was going to renew a Rift sub, but since TOR is coming out soon and I have a full schedule of school, work, and concerts...I am just going to wait. Right now I am playing Skyrim.

Argh

• TwohededboyTwohededboy Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by Narcin1

Originally posted by odinsrath

none..this game isnt that great to drop what iv been working for on other mmo's

I knew it...before opening this thread I knew there was going to be a negative Nancy who was going to post something like this. If you don't like the game, why the fuck are you in this thread? Obviously, it is assuming that you are actually going to play the game, and assuming that you are going to drop a game to play it.  You don't have to be an asshole and drop in a SWTOR thread just stick your ass out.  Shouldn't you be playing those other games rather than lurking the god damn Old Republic thread. Fucking trolls. I swear, this forum is full of them. People who have nothing better to do than lurk a forum of a game they don't like just to post stuff like: "this game sucks! I'm not playing it!" Jesus Christ. Get a life you baboons.

Whoa! No more coffee for you.

I was going to post how I might try it after a few patches but probably won't play for long but I am afraid one of the Uber Fanbois might get my IP and find my house and kill my family.

I suppose I shouldn't mention that I won't be dropping my MMO of choice either.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by MystDrgon

Haven't played anything substantial in a long time.  SWtoR does not bring enough to the table for me to part with cash, so will continue to play nothing I guess.

Here's another. ^ 

You know all the posts to tear into those you do not like do more to hijack threads than anything they can do right?

Seriously folks, take a few steps back and think before you go on a tear cursing and raising heck. Does nothing to keep it on topic nor make a case for the game.

Not currently playing anything myself at the moment so will be dropping nothing either. I dropped WOW a few months ago, and tried COH like a month ago but did not resub after the free month i got from my old copy of Going Rogue.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

so far interesting thread, i was wondering what games people were actually leaving from.  Seems most people just wanted to act like everyone would be jumping from wow.

wonder how many of those pre-orders are actually from wow players, i like stats like this lol.

anyways i'm playing both wow and swtor and anything else i feel like playing.  i don't feel the need to spend all my time in one game any longer.

i'm personally thinking tor is gonna hurt other mmo's more then it will hurt wow.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

WOW.

It's not becuase I hate the game. It's a fantastic, poished and huge game. I've been playing since beta however and there's not much I have not seen or done.

I just need something new. I love Star Wars so it's a natural move for me.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• elistrangeelistrange Member Posts: 157

I am not interested in playing STWOR. I am waiting for Secret Wars and Archeage. 

Currently Play: ?
    Occasionally Play: Champions, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WOW, EVE ONLINE

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by DarLorkar

Originally posted by MystDrgon

Haven't played anything substantial in a long time.  SWtoR does not bring enough to the table for me to part with cash, so will continue to play nothing I guess.

Here's another. ^ 

You know all the posts to tear into those you do not like do more to hijack threads than anything they can do right?

Seriously folks, take a few steps back and think before you go on a tear cursing and raising heck. Does nothing to keep it on topic nor make a case for the game.

Not currently playing anything myself at the moment so will be dropping nothing either. I dropped WOW a few months ago, and tried COH like a month ago but did not resub after the free month i got from my old copy of Going Rogue.

That may be so, but I can understand where the person is coming from.

For 5 yrs MMORPG.com was infested with whining over the NGE. I mean cmon. Then in the past 3 yrs, some of those folks, along with others began berating TOR in this sub forum.

After so many years of listening to the same whiners, folks get tired of it. I mean we are less than a month away from launch, and yet  we are still seeing threads which basically amount to "it is gonna fail", or "it should be SWG2".

As far as the OP...I havent played any MMOs since I left EQ in 06. Thus my TOR sub wont be a loss of a sub to another game.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Will keep playing RIFT and UO while waiting on Dark Millennium Online. Might pick up Tor 2-3 months after release, but doubt ill quit the other games im playing.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by elistrange

I am not interested in playing STWOR. I am waiting for Secret Wars and Archeage. 

Secret Wars? You mean The Secret World, right?

I'm not going to drop anything for TOR either since I give it only a month at most. Hardly worth dropping anything for.

imageimage
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Not currently subscribed to any MMO. Just been waiting for SWTOR's launch. Last mmorpg I playd was Rift and that didn't hold me even the first month. Feels good to have great mmorpg for a change.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Not playing any MMOs at the moment, hence the reason I am so keen to get playing SWTOR.

I don't really know how long it will last, but 2012 could bring the greatness back to MMOs for me, there's so much on the horizon.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Right after X-Mas I will be dropping the wife off for 2 weeks to her sisters - Does that count?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Not dropping anything per se. But I will be putting Scarlet Legacy and Lineage II on a indefinite holding pattern until my buzz from playing SWTOR wears off in about a year and a half. Maybe even longer if I find a social group I click with in-game.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by 69Cuda

Right after X-Mas I will be dropping the wife off for 2 weeks to her sisters - Does that count?

A true fan would send their wife over to the sis-n-laws house 2 weeks prior to launch.  Gotta have time to load up on food/etc pror to early access. Then once 7 of the 8 class stories were complete, you would allow her to come back.

The job? You have had 3 yrs to save for the day you took a personal leave. Worst case scenario, start collecting pop bottles fast. You can demonstrate your Tera Kasi leanings by sneaking into your friends' house, and relieving them all of their plastic containter savings account.

If ya have kids, try cryogenic freezing.  They might have a permanent fear of the cold afterwards, but hey you werent neglecting them.

Gonna have to step up your game there Cuda. image

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.