Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled My Pre-Order

I cannot continue to support a game where an avatar I made of a black guy, clearly has a white-sounding voice.

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

lol good one

oh and in b4 lock

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

<sighs>

Yes its a pitty they don't allow you to choose from 120 voices, now that would make the voice acting really cool

/sarcasm off

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

This made me laugh :)

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

You cancelled a pre order becouse of voice lol, that is the dumbest thing i ever heard.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by Elemento

I cannot continue to support a game where an avatar I made of a black guy, clearly has a white-sounding voice.

Please stop me if I'm wrong......Hay, maybe I am !

But English language is English sounding, some soft, some harsh and raspy, and you have male and female.  We all have a different voice box but nothing to do with white or black....ANYTHING PAST THAT IS SLANG.

THEREFORE, it sounds to me like the OP is really racist !!!!!

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    People. This is obviously a re-troll of the other canceled my preorder post.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217

Statement removed, as it offends black people....

Statement removed

Sorry that is racist, apologies :P

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Play Empire... English accents sound english regardless to skin color.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by Kooshdin

If your going to play a black guy and he has to have a black voice , does he also have to keep saying over and over how white people have enslaved him lol

This, and YoYo Whatup !!!!...... does not work on my English spell checker.

Originally posted by page

Originally posted by Kooshdin

If your going to play a black guy and he has to have a black voice , does he also have to keep saying over and over how white people have enslaved him lol

This, and YoYo Whatup !!!!...... does not work on my English spell checker.

Im going to get banned if i dont remove that post lol

First time in ages ive done some malice on forums, what is wrong with me today :P

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

I'm sure they'll implement the whole "female body/male voice" option once same-sex companion relationships are introduced.  The black voice might be in the mix somewhere, but I havent' heard of it.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

in before the lock...

To add though I was surprise you  couldnt choose which voice you wanted to use, wouldve been fun

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Elemento

hes got a point, it should be like the movies, where you have a choice of sam jackson or billy d williams as the only black voices in the star wars universe.

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Locking thread, for future reference please do not post hateful comments about the game based on gender/sexuality/religion/race/nationality on the forum as it violates the RoC.

This discussion has been closed.