Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony Banned me

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I have recieved a 1 day Ban on the Sony forums for "repeated blacklisting"

I play Pox Nora, a game where people buy station cash with Real cash to buy runes in the game.

The three times I reported someone on the forums was clearly because they were Scamming people, I encluded screenshots and logs as proof.  The first 2  people were investigated then perma banned and the owner of Pox Nora thanked me for reporting it via PM

Some TOOL MOD comes along and decides to remove my posts which were being used to Warn people before the 3rd guy got banned...

You have been banned.

Banned 1 day for repeated blacklisting.

If you feel this ban is unjustified please review the Forum Guidelines, and if you still feel the ban was enacted in error, contact the administrator via email.Please provide us the forum name and game in your request.

[email protected]

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

It's pretty common NOT to post names of (suspected) cheaters on game-forums. I know SOE really enforses this rule :( I know it sucks and not fair where you want to warn others of possible scammers, but next time read the forum rules before posting...

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Naming and shaming is not allowed on just any forum. I think ban was justified.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Reizla

It's pretty common NOT to post names of (suspected) cheaters on game-forums. I know SOE really enforses this rule :( I know it sucks and not fair where you want to warn others of possible scammers, but next time read the forum rules before posting...

There is a good reason for that. Sometimes people misstake a innocent person for a cheater, and in some cases they make posts about people they don't like and accuse them of all kind of things. People like that would more or less be forced to quit the game since no one would play with them even if they were innocent.

So sorry OP, but I can understand why SOE have the policy. They could have given you a break since the people you posted about were guilty though.

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Supersoups

Naming and shaming is not allowed on just any forum. I think ban was justified.

^This.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Sounds like the mods of this forum :)

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

You usually have to go to a 3rd party forum that the community can use to blacklist these types of people. Community needs to handle it's buisness some how.

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214

The issues companies usually have with "naming and shaming" on forums are 1. it's too easy for folks to do it just to flame/troll/be rude.  2. Someone so named gets a bad rep, even if they are innocent.  I'm not familier with Pox Nora, but most games have a way to report scammers, etc. either in game or on their site.  That way, the guilty still get the banhammer, but the innocent don't get a bad rep for no reason.  Admittedly it sometimes seems to take forever for companies to act, and with some companies you will never get told the outcome of a report about another player, so it is tempting to jump on the forums and yell.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

You should stop playing Sony games.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

lets say for arguments sake you were wronged in some way unjustifiable. You were banned for 1 day

1 day

Was it really necessary to make a post on MMORPG.com about it? I mean com'on!. The fact you are zealous in reporting these things and come here posting about a 1 day ban suggest you really need to find a secondary hobby than to hang around message boards.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I think your 1 day ban was justified.  Its the exact same rule as Libel and Slander in the US.  If you let the right channels deal with the problem then it will get fixed and it will be okay, but to go out and accuse someone is kind of pushing it.

Also, its 1 day, stop complaining.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by marinrider

I think your 1 day ban was justified.  Its the exact same rule as Libel and Slander in the US.  If you let the right channels deal with the problem then it will get fixed and it will be okay, but to go out and accuse someone is kind of pushing it.

I thought it was only libel and slander if it wasn't true?

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by username509

Originally posted by marinrider

I thought it was only libel and slander if it wasn't true?

It is libel and slander until it is PROVEN to be true. 

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Someone didn't read the T's and C's...

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Sony bans people all the time. For the people saying it was justified, 9/10 times when Sony bans someone it's not justified.

My ban before I cancelled my account:

Originally posted by Metentso

This.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Forum banns ate SOE is pretty common.

It makes you normal.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by travdoty

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

^^ OVER9000^^ agree.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by benasato

Originally posted by travdoty

^^ OVER9000^^ agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfoI86ofQn8

that is all

/thread

imageimage

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Anyone who got banned is probably justified nothing to see here....