Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: 10 Reasons To Play SWTOR Part 1

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i find the graphics to be amazing. so i disagree with u. This game has issues with body types n character customization but its graphics as far as the worlds and stuff are pretty damn good. 

U dont like stylized graphics fine but that doesnt make them bad graphics just not your style

That said i cant believe there are people who can pull off blue hair and look hot and pokkett did that. 

I for one loved tor and am gonna play ti for yrs and yrs. cant wait for launch. 

• TimmeyhTimmeyh Member Posts: 166

Well I only played it for about a week and to be honest im terribly dissapointed.

At the first 10 levels it was OK since its been a long time since ive played any themepark MMO. Last where Wow-WotLK.

The dialogues doesnt always make sence and the voice acting aint that good tbh. Feels more like a decent B-movie.

The companion system was cool the first levels you got it since it helped out alot when you didnt have any nearby to group with.

The craftingsystem is terrible just like WoW and Rift. Even Warhammer did this better.

The combat is the same old boring stuff that you have all seen before.

The spacecombat is not engaging at all and it wont let u fly it like in Freelancer or anything like that.  This is the thing that hit me the most second to all that running you'll have to do and all of the uninspired places you run through.

The quests is the same old boring thing. Go there, click on the button, mobs spawn, kill them, come back... and ofc the "good"-old kill # og X and gather Y.

The talent-trees are boring too and only give some minor diffrences compared to how many points you put in it.

The gfx aint that bad, but i dont really care about gfx as long as its bearable. But i care about the art-style and this is far too cartoony for me.

I played till lvl 24 and i didnt try PvP since il rather play Global Agenda if i wanna play PvP than SW-Tor^^

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Timmeyh

The craftingsystem is terrible just like WoW and Rift. Even Warhammer did this better.

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

As soon as she said, "Absolutely cute characters...", I stopped watching.

I just really don't care anymore. People can play what they like, I'm not going to try and convince anyone not to play it. However, after playing the beta, I didn't find anything about it I liked. In my opinion, the story is bland and dull, the graphics make me feel like I'm playing a cross between Dora the Explorer and Fisher Price, there is no freedom to do what you like, the dialogue trees are annoying and break immersion, and the entire game is built on rails.

The Old Republic is not an MMORPG, and it certainly isn't an MMO. It is what I always thought it would be, a single player experience with co-operative elements scattered around. If this is what I have to look forward to as the future of the genre, then I'm done. This bastardization heralds the death of the MMORPG genre, and it's obviously clear both developers and players have forgotten what that acronymn really means.

• KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119

Originally posted by precious328

I personally find this video to be annoying and terrible.

Star Wars & Lightsabers, IMO, are the sole reasons why this game has as much hype as it does. If you take away Star Wars, this game would most likely be considered another linear WoW-clone.

Just my HANDS ON opinion.

Well said. I've been saying the same thing across multiple forums. 

The lightsabers and the Star Wars setting help hide a rather dated game. The game already plays like it's been out for 7 years ... and it has. Because it plays like WoW with lightsabers instead of swords and WoW's been out ... 7 years? The storytelling also hides the gameplay. People don't realize it yet ... but they will.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by precious328

Star Wars & Lightsabers, IMO, are the sole reasons why this game has as much hype as it does. If you take away Star Wars, this game would most likely be considered another linear WoW-clone.

Just my HANDS ON opinion.

Honestly, I agree. Even the questing comes off as pretty bland and uninspired - and that's supposed to be the central focus of the game.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166

Pokket is a cute girl, unfortunately, she was the only thing that looked good in this video. Ok i liked the speeder bike too. Other than that, this game just looks like more Wow. Thats not necessarily a bad thing though, if you like WoW or themepark games in general. Looks like another game made for average players, yay!

• SporinSporin Member Posts: 18

Awesome hair colour!

Ignore the whiners & WoWQQboys, nice vid, nice game, way more fun than it looks! /salute

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

The fact that the game is bringing out the "supposed" game experts in droves so they can knock the game means it will be a success.  The same people giving their crappy reviews because the game doesn't cater to them personally will be the same ones complaining because they can't get into their three new accounts fast enough.  Enjoy the money EA!

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Are there more areas like Outlaw's Den on other planets? FFA PvP has been a passion of mine since the bloody days of Mordred in DAoC.

Your allies? The small group you're with. You're enemies? Everyone else. That sounds like my kind of good time.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Umm honestly I'm an Star Wars fan, but to be honest I'm not biased, like I'll be honest Guild Wars 2 alpha/beta/or what ever at the panels was for some reason more enjoyable than playing Star Wars beta, just being honest. 

Umm I so far I'll be waiting a few months after the game comes out because it might be different.

I also know there are haters and what not but to you guys saying let haters hate unfortunately some of the haters bring true points, I'm not going to say no names here but one guy did bring up valid points as to why this game isn't really all "that." 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

I liked the video - am looking forward to the next.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Video was fine except one thing. The snide little "carebear" comment. Are you playing on a PvE or PvP server? If its a PvE server then uh you have NO reason to be making comments like that. Play on carebear servers play by that ruleset and shut up. If you are on a PvP server then why bring up carebears at all? Its a PvP server ffs.

But this brings up a good point for PvE servers. That area wont last long in its current form. IF and I do want to point out the word IF thoes rare venders and rare crafting node are in higher quantity or only available through the pvp areas the "carebears" will throw a fit untill its changed. Part of the point of playing on PvE servers is because "gasp" people dont want PvP effecting there PvE.

I dont know for sure if there are non pvp places to get venders that sell the same thing and rare material spawns but if not Bioware is in for a suprise when it comes to the PvE crowd.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shadows59Shadows59 Member Posts: 47

All you haters just go back to playing with your panda's.

Personally I am looking forward to early access so I can get going again. Had a blast on the last beta and wish I was in this one. Seems a lot of so-called beta testers were using the spot as a trial to see if they liked the game rather than trying to help it out.

Are there good things ad bad ones? Yep, there are in every game but Pokket is giving us her 10 reasons she likes the game and is going to play. Maybe see you there on one of the worlds pokket.

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107

• AzarithAzarith Member UncommonPosts: 52

Damn, please call it TOR not sweater.

Thank you.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Skipped the video. Write it up, please (came here for the articles). Thanks!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Arcona

what about space combat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwkV1qljOxw#t=0m33s

crafting?

hirelings?

your own spaceship?

did she mention those?

Those are unfortunately not really the positives in this game. /sigh

I was actually extremely dissapointed to finally get my ship last weekend in beta, only to find out that it's nothing more than a glorified locker room to store your stuff. And get you from point A to point B. That's it.

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by shawn01

Looks like another game made for average players, yay!

Nice. I hope that leaves elitist morons away from it.

And I also expect that the same bunch that comes to every single SWTOR topic with the same old criticism just leave the game chat alone.

SWTOR doesn't need you and your superior thoughts. Have fun hating.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

Nice video. Waiting for rest of reasons to play SWTOR ;)

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

Love your work, love your style, love your opinion :) Keep it up, don't listen to all the naysayers.

If the world listened to them we would have all been damed long ago :D

Do it how you like doing it! And keep us intertained :D

You are a pocket rocket :)         ( in terms of poker that be a double ace dealt to the player :D )

• BoudewijnsBoudewijns Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by vlad1500

the game graphics looks like it was made 5yrs ago. Looks ugly. No amount of lightsabers or jedi would make me play that ugly game ~_~

First off all the graphics that u saw in beta r not the actualy graphics that r going to be released when the game comes out, so ur reason is BLEEPED up buuuuudy

• tron21369tron21369 Member Posts: 73

ok enough all ready .....i rember a time when things were realy fun not about how it looked liked

i am diff  gonna play this game  : ) i enjoyed my testing time when i had it : ) now it the waitng time to play : )  that my christmas present to my self : ) 

i rember a time when games were realy fun and not how it looked liked    now i just see alot of

shallow  people 'each string is attachted to yoyoes "= opions    and lots of yoyoes in here : )

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

Nice video.  Perhaps a little whimsical.

I know there seems to be a lot of hate for swtor atm from various places TBH I think a lot of it is a backlash from the amount of hype and people finding fault with it in a bid to look opinionated and cool. (The hate over mirrored classes for example)

I personally like the game and have had fun with the story. Story in a game is not for everyone and this is fine..  Not everyone is me but I like the game and that is all that is important to me TBH.

see some of you at launch.  :)