Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GMTheia

Comments

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by GMTheia

Hmm - think you updated the questions whilst I was replying. 

3.) How old are you?

As old as the hills (plenty of grey hair these days hehe)

4.) How old is Talwin?

Not sure and it's an impolite question so I've never asked.  Younger than me.

Thanks

GMTheia - Novice Member

Member since December 1, 2011

41 year old Male from London, United Kingdom

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

welcome aboard GM Thiea, there a tough crowd on here but with time they will start to grow on you :).

Dont be fooled however into thinking most of them actually played mo before many of them just like to post to get a reaction out of you.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by deathshroud

welcome aboard GM Thiea, there a tough crowd on here but with time they will start to grow on you :).

Dont be fooled however into thinking most of them actually played mo before many of them just like to post to get a reaction out of you.

Out of all the gaming sites around this one is where people are most likely to have tried MO, there's a big percentage of the long time posters that are sandbox fans. But we're not prejudiced, we hate all game types :p

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

first of all thank you for actually taking the time to come over here and aswer question Theia. of all the gms i've had to deal with you have been one of the most patiente.

the question i have for you are concerning duping, exploiting and banning.

how good are MO's records when it comes to duped items, and can you reliably track wehn they are moved between chars or accounts?

can you guys ( or anyone that investigates) actually know for sure if things like gold, mats, etc were duped or not? 

are you guys able to remove duped items and gold? and is that even a SV policy?

HAS THIS EVER BEEN DONE AS FAR AS YOU KNOW?

in your opinion do GMs have solid and reliable tools to find out if someone exploited (speed hacks, bugged weappons, lag switching, etc) even after the fact? or do you mostly have to relly on being there when it happens and try judge for yourself kind of thing?

why are so many known dupers and exploiters still playing MO? they have been reported many times, they are known to dupe/exploit, some of them have been cought, they have told the whole comunity that they duped, and yet they are still playing....why? is it simply because SV doesn't want to forfeit their subscription money? or are old records just not as reliable as the new ones?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/69165-gm-theia-ventures-onto-mmorpg-com-answer-those-tough-questions.html

i made a similar thread on the offical forums to see what the mo community thinks about theia coming onto these forums to answer questions.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Welcome, GMTheia!  Appreciate you being here.

Also wanted to say that I like the events you've been running, definitely something the community appreciates.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RegorzRegorz Member Posts: 13

I've got to say you''ve earned some creds for posting here!

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Welcome Theia.

A note to all forum users is that Theia is a shine example that all SV's employees should follow. And if something like that happens, the negative conversations about GM's, councelors,mods will be minimized. Even though i m in the same boat with most of you in here and i do not have good feelings about SV cause of the way they re handling things, i m keeping an eye on Theia since he was a councelor and tbh i dont have anything negative to add to him. He is patient, always polite and helpful, fast and straight  and unlike the majority of the team he is always saluting and asking if customer needs any further assistance before he closes the ticket. Its difficult for me to explain but the majority of the GM's, councelors, do bring negative energy when around but this guy gives me the feeling that he is always with a smile behind his pc.

Anyways lets all give him the credits for doing what Henrik himself doesnt have the balls to do even though he owns SV and the game itself and at least show some respect, dont blame him for the state/status of the game or all the bad calls from day 1 untill now and in the name of all gods lets avoid questions of the type: how old Talwin is, does Talwin has a sister, is his mother hot, how much money Henrik is paying you or does he lie to you the same way that he lied to his customers. Lets use our common sence and ask questions that can be answered and dont bash one of the few persons in SV that dont deserve getting bashed. Even though i do believe that its highly unlikely for one person to make the difference and actualy change the way that SV is doing things i cant simply do anything else than recognize that Theia is actualy making a difference and feels like a bright spark in the dark to see that someone is actualy professional among amateurs.

cheers everyone

• nortoninortoni Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by argirop

Welcome Theia.

A note to all forum users is that Theia is a shine example that all SV's employees should follow. And if something like that happens, the negative conversations about GM's, councelors,mods will be minimized.

Even though i do believe that its highly unlikely for one person to make the difference and actualy change the way that SV is doing things i cant simply do anything else than recognize that Theia is actualy making a difference and feels like a bright spark in the dark to see that someone is actualy professional among amateurs.

Unlikely?  Maybe.  But it is within the realm of the possible.

I hope they finish fixing most of the problem areas and I hope more of the staff follow GM Theia's example. 

I have no hope for any of the other remaining SV staffers leading the way.  "The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else" [George Bernard Shaw].  I don't think SV believes most of us.  Darwin will win every time though.

Remember  Nietzsche, Theia.  "One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly. "

Live poudly.

Its about me

Originally posted by nortoni

Welcome Theia.

A note to all forum users is that Theia is a shine example that all SV's employees should follow. And if something like that happens, the negative conversations about GM's, councelors,mods will be minimized.

Even though i do believe that its highly unlikely for one person to make the difference and actualy change the way that SV is doing things i cant simply do anything else than recognize that Theia is actualy making a difference and feels like a bright spark in the dark to see that someone is actualy professional among amateurs.

Unlikely?  Maybe.  But it is within the realm of the possible.

I hope they finish fixing most of the problem areas and I hope more of the staff follow GM Theia's example. 

I have no hope for any of the other remaining SV staffers leading the way.  "The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else" [George Bernard Shaw].  I don't think SV believes most of us.  Darwin will win every time though.

Remember  Nietzsche, Theia.  "One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly. "

Live poudly.

O.o Kaideline you still owe me a copy of Samuel Beckett's "waiting for Godot".

• forcemforcem Member UncommonPosts: 28

can you explain the Consuelor funcion? Why there are guild members, and in this case why not all "big" guilds have one? you must undertand that in case of problem seems to be more adventage a guild with consuellor than a guild without it.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Theia, so far I have greatly appreciated your responses!  So long as you say what you mean and do what you say I think you will find that most folks here are quite receptive to you.  I hope that you will understand (and you seem to) that many folks are skeptical because in the past members of SV have been very UNtruthful in their conversations.  Whether or not this was intentional could be debated, but the fact remains that many... MANY statements have been made which have proven to be false.  As long as you continue to respond to the actual issues presented and do not default to attacking the messenger (as many before you have done) I think you will get good responses in return.

That said... if you are presenting a "fresh start" I say we certainly give you the chance!

One question which I would really... REALLY appreciate a straight answer on is:

SV sold boxed copies of the game WITH discs.. and WITH "All pre-release updates FREELY SHIPPED ON DISC".   To date (release +1.5 years) they have not done this.  They also promised to ship updated "gold" discs out to the customers "at release"... but it's now +1.5 years from release and no such "gold discs" have been shipped...  Not only have they not shipped but the only official word we had on the matter was  that they "were too busy" to get to it.. and that post by the community manager was later deleted, once again leaving just silence. 

I can go and link the original posts from Maerlyn where he promises the new discs at release, and from Black Opal where he says they can't get to it because of Dawn... but I think we both know that won't be necessary.  Besides.. I am not holding you accountable for their statements... but rather I simply would like a straight answer on the discs.  Does SV intend to honor their promises or not.  If not, then if someone from SV should simply come out and state this it would be better than ignoring the issue and/or painting every person who mentions it on the official forums as a troll.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Theia, so far I have greatly appreciated your responses!  So long as you say what you mean and do what you say I think you will find that most folks here are quite receptive to you.  I hope that you will understand (and you seem to) that many folks are skeptical because in the past members of SV have been very UNtruthful in their conversations.  Whether or not this was intentional could be debated, but the fact remains that many... MANY statements have been made which have proven to be false.  As long as you continue to respond to the actual issues presented and do not default to attacking the messenger (as many before you have done) I think you will get good responses in return.

That said... if you are presenting a "fresh start" I say we certainly give you the chance!

One question which I would really... REALLY appreciate a straight answer on is:

SV sold boxed copies of the game WITH discs.. and WITH "All pre-release updates FREELY SHIPPED ON DISC".   To date (release +1.5 years) they have not done this.  They also promised to ship updated "gold" discs out to the customers "at release"... but it's now +1.5 years from release and no such "gold discs" have been shipped...  Not only have they not shipped but the only official word we had on the matter was  that they "were too busy" to get to it.. and that post by the community manager was later deleted, once again leaving just silence. 

I can go and link the original posts from Maerlyn where he promises the new discs at release, and from Black Opal where he says they can't get to it because of Dawn... but I think we both know that won't be necessary.  Besides.. I am not holding you accountable for their statements... but rather I simply would like a straight answer on the discs.  Does SV intend to honor their promises or not.  If not, then if someone from SV should simply come out and state this it would be better than ignoring the issue and/or painting every person who mentions it on the official forums as a troll.

I also preordered MO's boxed version and over paid it for something in between 80-90 euros. And ofc received a tin box with a useless and non functional DVD. If you ask me i could pay the same amount of money again to have a chance and be with Henrik Nystrom in a small locked room and lift him to the air by his ears as a spoilt brat he is and slap him until he turns purple.

But still asking a GM about those boxed versions makes me think that: 1) you dont know whats the line description for a GM, 2) you are a bit frustrated and you could even ask the 60 year old lady that is responsible for cleaning SV's offices, questions concerning the company's financial report for 2012. No offence though i was just kiding. The game itself has soooo many issues. Maybe think about the possibility that a GM is entitled to answer questions concerning ingame matters and only chance that he has knowledge about things like boxed version of the game, it would be by accident...

Some questions from my side:

1) Do you think that having a test group made of hardcore players that belongs to hardcore guilds might give an advantage concerning the new features to the guild that those players belong to?

2) As an ex councelor what do you think about the councelor program? and i mean even though you re signing an agreement that forces you to hold your identity as a councelor secret from the guildmates or the people you re spending your ingame time how many councelors they follow that and in extent of that becoming GM's what will stop them from showing favoritism to their former guildmates if they actualy are enforced to stop playing the game or stop being part of a guild?

Originally posted by forcem

can you explain the Consuelor funcion? Why there are guild members, and in this case why not all "big" guilds have one? you must undertand that in case of problem seems to be more adventage a guild with consuellor than a guild without it.

councilors act as a sort of community gm, they answer petitions and if they can help they will however there help is limited, they can travel freely across the world, they can teleport a player, they can teleport to a player and they can unstuck a player. Thats pretty much all they can do as a councilor. Councilors are not restricted in having an ingame character in a guild or not.

A gm however can do alot more and are paid staff, they can view guild chats and private chats, they can create items and slay players, move players check databases and have the power to ban players as well. They are prevented in having a character within a guild and most do not have actual characters other than those to test.

most councilor corruption isnt actually true, alot is aimed at aq yet being in aq i as far as im aware have no knowledge of ever recieivng councilor help other than when we petition it. If there are any aq members who have ocuniclor acconuts then they keep it quiet.

A gm however can do alot more and are paid staff, they can view guild chats and private chats, they can create items and slay players, move players check databases and have the power to ban players as well. They are prevented in having a character within a guild and most do not have actual characters other than those to test.

I have being teleported by councelors in the past. Accidentaly or not i was just asking my pet to get unstuck in Moh-ki area and got teleported at snowy mountains above Fabernum.

most councilor corruption isnt actually true, alot is aimed at aq yet being in aq i as far as im aware have no knowledge of ever recieivng councilor help other than when we petition it. If there are any aq members who have ocuniclor acconuts then they keep it quiet.

If you are reffering to my question on Theia concerning the councelor program then you are greatly mistaken. The only councelor i knew was long time ago and was coming from my own guild and i wasnt aiming at AQ, cause i dont have any further knowledge on the subject. He told me he was councelor, how he was abusing certain things like finding and camping rare spawns and since behaviours like that its common among people and mostly gamers, i dont find it unlikely, similar incidents to happen more frequently, in other guilds aswell and even in larger scale. To save you from the trouble of asking that person after admiting those things, he disapeared from within the guild and he probably changed his councelors name if he didnt abandoned the project. Now if AQ is the guild of saints and your applicants are passing through committee of psychologists i ll take your word that incidents and persons like that shouldnt be even remotely close to you. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

I also preordered MO's boxed version and over paid it for something in between 80-90 euros. And ofc received a tin box with a useless and non functional DVD. If you ask me i could pay the same amount of money again to have a chance and be with Henrik Nystrom in a small locked room and lift him to the air by his ears as a spoilt brat he is and slap him until he turns purple.

But still asking a GM about those boxed versions makes me think that: 1) you dont know whats the line description for a GM, 2) you are a bit frustrated and you could even ask the 60 year old lady that is responsible for cleaning SV's offices, questions concerning the company's financial report for 2012. No offence though i was just kiding. The game itself has soooo many issues. Maybe think about the possibility that a GM is entitled to answer questions concerning ingame matters and only chance that he has knowledge about things like boxed version of the game, it would be by accident...

?

With respect, why don't we allow Theia to answer?  Afterall if he was allowed (and I assume he has been given authorization) to come here and post, he is obviously moving past the normal role of a GM and is in effect acting as a company spokesman.  It also seems as though he has assumed more of a Community Manager role within the company.     Besides, as he pointed out, he's a big-boy and can certainly answer for himself.  And if SOMEONE from SV would actually answer these kinds of questions they wouldn't be asked for a year and a half.  You know, delivering the product you sold is kind of a fundamental part of doing business and not even delivering the promised discs so long after release is kind of a hard thing to overlook.  In order to move on to a fresh start, things like this have to be addressed.  Even if it's an apology stating they cannot deliver what they sold and promised.  That would be better than ignoring it for all this time.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• nortoninortoni Member Posts: 48

O.o Kaideline you still owe me a copy of Samuel Beckett's "waiting for Godot".

Coming soon I'm sure.....Be thou patient!

:)

Regarding corruption..it is not necessary to be corrupt to bear the stain.  The perception of corruption unresolved is all that is necessary for the stain to stick.

That perception is widespread and won't go away through talk.  The game is so broken no one on the outside can tell while in game.  It is so bad at this point that SV is just going to have to live it down.

Or bear it.

Its about me

• GMTheiaGMTheia Member Posts: 204

Jakdstripper asked:

first of all thank you for actually taking the time to come over here and aswer question Theia. of all the gms i've had to deal with you have been one of the most patiente.  – Most welcome and thanks!

the question i have for you are concerning duping, exploiting and banning.

how good are MO's records when it comes to duped items, and can you reliably track wehn they are moved between chars or accounts?

I can’t go into how this is done – but yes we can and do now track, we have relatively new database tools that monitors and shows everything in-game.  Players will flag to us if any resource suddenly jumps.  It is time consuming to look through these as for example on TC some guild members dumped huge amount of material into the Treasurer via for example their Guild leader.  So the tools are not perfect but they’re doing the job right now and improving all the time. 

can you guys ( or anyone that investigates) actually know for sure if things like gold, mats, etc were duped or not? 

are you guys able to remove duped items and gold? and is that even a SV policy?

HAS THIS EVER BEEN DONE AS FAR AS YOU KNOW?

Yes this is happening. However it’s a slow process so again we’re setting up additional tools to speed this up.  When I spoke to Discord about this he was literally in the process of stripping assets out of an account!  So even when the ban is over... there will be a high price to pay for such behaviour.

in your opinion do GMs have solid and reliable tools to find out if someone exploited (speed hacks, bugged weappons, lag switching, etc) even after the fact? or do you mostly have to relly on being there when it happens and try judge for yourself kind of thing?

Yes we do we have tools that scan for third party applications (cheat engine type things) – the Issue we have with this is we can’t tell if you’re using it on MO or another game that you’re also playing.  So we have had to warn our community to ensure that anyone using these applications for ‘legitimate’ reasons ensures they switch it off before entering MO.  Some cheating however we do have to eyeball.  So if it’s one of those rare types of cheat – once told you’ll earn the dubious honour of being bound to a key on keyboard.  From which there is almost no escape.  We of course have a watch list – and potential ‘problem’ players are handed over between shifts if deemed necessary.  Twelve months ago I was seeing a lot of these types of petitions our Watch List was large and we had regular reports of problems.  These days I might get one a week. Some of these ‘exploits / cheats’ however are just client lag – it can be easy to confuse the two.

why are so many known dupers and exploiters still playing MO? they have been reported many times, they are known to dupe/exploit, some of them have been cought, they have told the whole comunity that they duped, and yet they are still playing....why? is it simply because SV doesn't want to forfeit their subscription money? or are old records just not as reliable as the new ones?

There were issues around ‘hey I just killed this guy and he had 5k gold on him’ excuse.  That does not wash anymore and the tools have almost fully caught up. Yes there are some exploiters back in game (after lengthy bans have expired) We do tend to watch them very carefully but there has to be a balance struck. That is not however saying that we never permaban – unfortunately I’ve had to this week.

Talonsin Asked:

What are your thoughts on the widespread GM corruption in the game?

I work with the GM team every day and I have not (ever) seen corruption at GM level.   Mistakes and poor decision on occasion (we are Human), yes.  I’m fully aware of the background on some of the more famous incidents – it has been SV policy to not openly/publicly discuss or issue rebuttals.   Whilst mistakes were made  I genuinley believe that the team is dealing with these incidents as professionally as possible. 

Do you honestly feel an ex-underwear model is qualified to design an online game and compete with real developers who have had years of training?

I do.  Not least because there is much more to Henrik than a previous job.  I’ve had some strange jobs in the past and whilst some of them have given me experience  that helps in my current role – others don’t.   I used to be a nurse – and there is very little of that training that I use today.  Should we box people in like this?  Many people start their working lives flipping burgers (I think that’s the term) are they not then qualified to move on to greater and bigger things because of their early experience?  

Why does it take years for gigantic bugs to be removed from the game such as the FAIL bug?

We spent a long time (too long in my view) trying to work out what the root cause of this was and it turned out to be an EPIC issue.  That means asking that team to resolve and getting the fix into their work-stack. This has been fixed but it was an extremely painful issue for everyone involved.  We’re fairly certain thoae days are behind us now – but there’s always the possibility of more issues down-stream.

Why do you feel this game with its revolutionary concepts has managed to maintain less than 5000 subscribers?

Too many bugs (however, we’re pleased with current progress) but launch was not as we had hoped it to be.  And then delay in being able to drive in new content.  Changes have been made – and I feel we’re back on course – with the rapid testing rounds and better bug fixing we’re seeing we are speeding the process of driving  new content in.  Also try to remember that as with most big coding projects parallel working is involved – so the Artist has been building new Mobs for a long time – but the Coding needs to catch up with the new AI system – or it’s wasted.   So there is much already finished but waiting for a key component to be ready before they press the button.

How do you explain successful indie games like Terrerria and minecraft that have over a million sales and yet MO is pretty much in the basement?  Do you feel it has anything to do with the quality of the content in the game?

Think the above answer covers this.  But they are not the same thing.  Some of the free to play web games have many, many millions playing them - I don't think development of a web based game is even in the same ballpark.

What are your thoughts on the many items that were advertised to be in the game and yet, years later are not?

I think you need to look at what has come in.  Are SV unhappy with the speed of progress? You bet they are.  Have they made changes to try and reduce CT yes they have and are continuing to do so.  If you think about the scale and scope of the game – and what’s come into the game since launch - there has been a lot of change – we need more and it is coming.   I think AI will be an absolutely huge hit when the scale of the change is realised, so whilst I, the same as the player base want more – I am content that in the background steady incremental progress is now being seen.  Will it be fast enough for everyone - most likely not. 

Do you feel it is wrong for the community to think that Henrik is a liar after everything that has gone on?

I do. When you have a roadmap that is de-railed with bugs that you aren’t able to fix yourself you end up not being able to keep your promises; it is an awful position to be in.  If I promise to meet up with you but am then stopped doing so by circumstances out of my control – that doesn’t make me a liar - I will of course be upset that I didn't meet you when and where promised.  It is unfortunate in the extreme if Henrik is perceived this way – I know him to be a genuine and honest person in all my dealings with him and there is real passion in what he is trying to do.  I accept that not everyone will have had the time with him to share my view. 

Why do horses still float in the air in the game?

Thought this was much improved and I rarely see this in-game now.  However we do still have some mesh issues in this area for sure – the bug is open on our bug tracker so it’s still considered an issue – but not as bad as before.

Why is there always a major dupe bug after each patch or update?

There isn’t always a dupe bug in every patch – when we do find them we act as fast as we can.   Since we can now ‘see’ these dupes and track them to accounts – the situation has improved a lot. There is still more work to be done in this area and we remain vigilant.

Do you honestly feel that SV is handling the duping approprietly?

Thanks, and welcome to the forums. 

Thank you

Argriop asked:

Some questions from my side:

1) Do you think that having a test group made of hardcore players that belongs to hardcore guilds might give an advantage concerning the new features to the guild that those players belong to? 

No, because we released the features before the Patch went live.  In fact – some of the Testers made mistakes on live around CP and how it’s consumed – some of the guilds that did not have a presence on the Test team got it right.  We also do not let the Testers see everything in part because we don’t want it spoiled for them either.  In addition I would encourage anyone that wants to join the Test Team to do so , there are still spaces available.

2) As an ex councelor what do you think about the councelor program? and i mean even though you re signing an agreement that forces you to hold your identity as a councelor secret from the guildmates or the people you re spending your ingame time how many councelors they follow that and in extent of that becoming GM's what will stop them from showing favoritism to their former guildmates if they actualy are enforced to stop playing the game or stop being part of a guild?

In my view 99.9% of Counsellors apply to do the job because they want to help the community *not* their own Guild.  Counsellors are not allowed to take petitions from their own guild we pass them around amongst the team so we don’t have to put ourselves in that position in the first place – we simply ask for another Counsellor to deal with a ticket – they pick it up without comment.  We recently introduced an Enhanced NDA – which states that any corruption will not only cause the Counsellor / HC/SHC/GM to lose their Counselor account but ALL other accounts will be banned too.  

Cirsyndic asked:

Dear Theia,

Did you not abuse your position as a volunteer developer (designed the Huergar Caves etc) to get the developers to radically improve an area your current/former guild (WSX) settled in, creating roads/copious granum deposits/copious resource nodes for your guild's benefit?

Oh... hai. :)

(This was my favourite question of the day!! ) I have never been in WSX .  According to some I have been in AQ, SS, DC and even RUS (bizarre - no offence)  All of them however, are wrong.  I used to have my very own Guild (before I stopped playing) – I can say with my hand on my heart I not once took even so much as a stuck petition from my ex-guild mates. 

Slapshot – would you please be kind enough to re-post the threads about the box-set here.  I’ve looked but can’t find the ones you’re referring to.  I am aware of the issue in general tho – and have both asked the question and come up with a suggestion to rectify – waiting to hear back on that.

Thanks very much everyone for the questions – please keep them coming – It obviously does take me a little time to reply so thanks for the patience you’ve shown.

I’m sure I’ll get some replies to this thread and will do my best to answer them.

GM Theia. 

GMTheia

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/69165-gm-theia-ventures-onto-mmorpg-com-answer-those-tough-questions.html

i made a similar thread on the offical forums to see what the mo community thinks about theia coming onto these forums to answer questions.

I hope they have a thick skin. Posting here seems to be a lot like getting pecked to death by tiny, angry chickens.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

With respect, why don't we allow Theia to answer?  Afterall if he was allowed (and I assume he has been given authorization) to come here and post, he is obviously moving past the normal role of a GM and is in effect acting as a company spokesman.  It also seems as though he has assumed more of a Community Manager role within the company.     Besides, as he pointed out, he's a big-boy and can certainly answer for himself.  And if SOMEONE from SV would actually answer these kinds of questions they wouldn't be asked for a year and a half.  You know, delivering the product you sold is kind of a fundamental part of doing business and not even delivering the promised discs so long after release is kind of a hard thing to overlook.  In order to move on to a fresh start, things like this have to be addressed.  Even if it's an apology stating they cannot deliver what they sold and promised.  That would be better than ignoring it for all this time. 

I totaly agree with your points and i do apologize if i made it sound otherwise. I just thought that a GM is not the appropriate person to answer your question.

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Dear Theia,

Did you not abuse your position as a volunteer developer (designed the Huergar Caves etc) to get the developers to radically improve an area your current/former guild (WSX) settled in, creating roads/copious granum deposits/copious resource nodes for your guild's benefit?

Oh... hai. :)

Dear cirsyndic just because it happens to know the GM Theia you are reffering to, i can assure you that its just a case of synonymity. It might sound strange but its a fact. The first GM Theia that designed the Huergar cave and many more things stoped getting involved himself with MO long time before GM Theia the second came in as a councelor.

Now if the first GM Theia did actualy showed favoritism towards wsx is smt i dont have any actual knowledge about since i wasnt playing MO at the time but tbh i highly doubt so since in wsx there are certain and strict rules that do not allow such things to happen. 

Originally posted by GMTheia

In my view 99.9% of Counsellors apply to do the job because they want to help the community *not* their own Guild.  Counsellors are not allowed to take petitions from their own guild we pass them around amongst the team so we don’t have to put ourselves in that position in the first place – we simply ask for another Counsellor to deal with a ticket – they pick it up without comment.  We recently introduced an Enhanced NDA – which states that any corruption will not only cause the Counsellor / HC/SHC/GM to lose their Counselor account but ALL other accounts will be banned too.

Tbh your answer didnt cover me cause a councelor that i know for sure was from within my guild answered my petitions more than one times. Dunno if things have changed cause its being several months since that but i ll quit on the chat now cause i clearly see that either you have a straight line to follow on answering questions either you are so optimistic and you do believe that all people do come with good intentions. Eitherway it will not lead to any conclutions at least not from the point of the ones who are making the questions.

• GMTheiaGMTheia Member Posts: 204

It is possible he was alone.  Which did happen back then but is very rare these days. 

That is the one circumstance you can take a peititon from you own Guild.  Should have said that - sorry.

However - if anyone encounters corruption - I would expect them to raise it to a GM. 

Thanks very much 

Theia

GMTheia

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer questions Theia. This forum can be absolutely brutal to supporters of MO. I admire your bravery and am very happy that SV will have a presence here.

Also, thanks for answering my petitions in game in the past!

thanks theia, i love the fact that sv are very open about MO, there the best company in terms of communication with its customer base imo and you coming on to a third party mmo website to help answer questions is proof of the fact. Certainly their openess might get them in trouble with the community a few times when they miss estimated patch releases etc but the truth is we are just eager and we are rarely left hanging on anything.

the best company in terms of communication with its customer base imo and you coming on to a third party mmo website to help answer questions is proof of the fact.  

Funny guy. I never saw SVs employees or even Henrik himself to do as Theia is doing now even in their own forums. On the other hand posts or even threads getting locked/ removed when people expressing legitime questions and concerns that simply are entitled to have as paying customers. There no ETA's as you might know, most unexpected downtimes are going with a sauce of the kind "we re working on it" and serious tickets taking sometimes more than 3 weeks to be answered. If you call that communication then something is wrong with you. 

• Voracity2325Voracity2325 Member Posts: 40

the best company in terms of communication with its customer base imo and you coming on to a third party mmo website to help answer questions is proof of the fact.  

Funny guy. I never saw SVs employees or even Henrik himself to do as Theia is doing now even in their own forums. On the other hand posts or even threads getting locked/ removed when people expressing legitime questions and concerns that simply are entitled to have as paying customers. There no ETA's as you might know, most unexpected downtimes are going with a sauce of the kind "we re working on it" and serious tickets taking sometimes more than 3 weeks to be answered. If you call that communication then something is wrong with you. 

Maybe Theia over here is trying to lead by example. Maybe he isn't a GM at all. Either way, you have my admiration for either coming to these forums as a SV employee or even an impersonator. The more intelligent ones on this forum are a lot nicer and less confrontational with their issues with MO and SV. You'll have to forgive the poor neanderthals that try to bang their clubs on your head, most of them from what i see, they have a history of that.(not all of this is aimed at the writers of above quotes).

For most people, character development and personal story ends upon clicking "Log in" if not "Start Game"