Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jedi Rebbels

Well not really a Rebel

But somehow i hope to find a group of people that allow Jedi's to love and care, to be passionate and show their emotions, just like other people, while still being protectors of the weak and fighters the opressors. Basically i don't want to play a lawfull Jedi cutting off your emotions is wrong and feels like mental suicide to an emotional person like myelf, but  even more then that i don't want to be part of the sith empire as they feel like the opressors to me.

I am sure it can be done, and i hope it can be done without ending up full dark (but that is of a minor concern)

Somehow i hope to find a guild on a a european PvE roleplay server that is going to roleplay a group of  likeminded Jedi's and supporters, a group of people that has the goal to prove both Sith and Jedi wrong as there can be ballance in the force, ballance between good and evil, ballance between love and hate, ballance between happiness and sadness Ballance between all things ... Without the need of every force user being ballanced from inside...

Would you be playing such a Jedi?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

IS no one at all interested in playing a Jedi then?

24 hours and only 26 reads for this topic....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

I play sith to get rid of this. yet I still make Light side choises because they fit my own motives.

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

I actually played both last weekend.  My Jedi Sage was almost strictly lightside and my Jedi Sentinel ended up being a "Grey" Jedi almost with an exact split down the middle at level 18 because I took the choices that felt right to me, not necessarily the light side choices.  The one problem (so far) I found with this is it limited some of the more cool looking gear choices that are tied to your light / dark side points.

Unfortunately, I will be playing a USA West Coast server (best I can do living in Hawaii) or I would join up with you .

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

Originally posted by romerok

I play sith to get rid of this. yet I still make Light side choises because they fit my own motives.

I could never play a Sith for to long a time, as i can not be part of a group of people that forcess their will on others.

My character could kill an evil alligned character in cold blood, without a single moment of regret, but he could never hurt an innocent, espescially an innocent lady...

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Just fyi, Dark and Light choices in TOR don't actually follow the Jedi code.  If you follow the Jedi code to the letter, you are likely to end up with quite a few dark side choices.

Dark and Light choices seem to be based on what the quest writer thought was "the good thing to do" in any situation and not any kind of consistent moral or philosophical code.

I'd be interesting to see if anyone plays a Jedi truly to code and tries to complete all missions with the least possible amount of casualties.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Im not sure if this is the right era but in the expanded universe Jedi were not always restricted from emotional attachment. You could always play a grey jedi rather than a light side sith.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Well not really a Rebel

But somehow i hope to find a group of people that allow Jedi's to love and care, to be passionate and show their emotions, just like other people

This game should have just started player off as 'Force Sensitives' and allowed the choices made through play determine when the character got an invite to study either school of thought.

In fact, all characters should have started off in a neutral faction IMO, staying there if they chose to. Most of the classes are more neutral in nature then light or dark anyhow at heart (BHs, soldiers, smugglers...).

Light and Dark faction should have earned through story choices, not hardcoded into the character select, imo.

/sigh.. this game could have been so much more :(

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by vesavius

Well not really a Rebel

But somehow i hope to find a group of people that allow Jedi's to love and care, to be passionate and show their emotions, just like other people

This game should have just started player off as 'Force Sensitives' and allowed the choices made through play determine when the character got an invite to study either school of thought.

In fact, all characters should have started off in a neutral faction IMO, staying there if they chose to. Most of the classes are more neutral in nature then light or dark anyhow at heart (BHs, soldiers, smugglers...).

Light and Dark faction should have earned through story choices, not hardcoded into the character select, imo.

/sigh.. this game could have been so much more :(

I too would've liked the ability to align myself rather than be forced into a faction, that being said, I'm sure they have something planned for that down the road, so I'll give it time to morph into something better through time (hopefully). That being said, what they have at launch for alignment is good enough for me.

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Well not really a Rebel

But somehow i hope to find a group of people that allow Jedi's to love and care, to be passionate and show their emotions, just like other people, while still being protectors of the weak and fighters the opressors. Basically i don't want to play a lawfull Jedi cutting off your emotions is wrong and feels like mental suicide to an emotional person like myelf, but  even more then that i don't want to be part of the sith empire as they feel like the opressors to me.

I am sure it can be done, and i hope it can be done without ending up full dark (but that is of a minor concern)

Somehow i hope to find a guild on a a european PvE roleplay server that is going to roleplay a group of  likeminded Jedi's and supporters, a group of people that has the goal to prove both Sith and Jedi wrong as there can be ballance in the force, ballance between good and evil, ballance between love and hate, ballance between happiness and sadness Ballance between all things ... Without the need of every force user being ballanced from inside...

Would you be playing such a Jedi?

PVE server ?

Have you no self respect or care for Star wars lore ?   

This is a game based on 2 factions at/near war not  an mmorpg based on My Little Pony  !

Caveat Emptor

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

When i roll a jedi I'll be doing both!

***Votes for Satele Shan sexy game chick of the year!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

I could never play a Sith for to long a time, as i can not be part of a group of people that forcess their will on others.

My character could kill an evil alligned character in cold blood, without a single moment of regret, but he could never hurt an innocent, espescially an innocent lady...

I hear you on that.  While I would like to experience the Empire side of the story morally even in game I have a hard time harming the innocent and just being a @#$% all together.  And somehow trying to play a good guy/girl on the Empire side just doesn't fit in.  I can see someone playing the Republic and being a butt, but hard to see someone playing Sith and trying to do the right thing.   The only two classes I could see might work that way are the Bounty Hunter or the Imperial Agent.   But even with them it is questionable.   I really wish that there would have been a trooper version on the Empire side (I know the BH is the class mirror) but I could see a trooper trying to do the right thing more so than any of the other empire classes.   Bounty Hunters are in it pretty much for the money or thrill of the hunt.   Imperial Agents are pretty much assassins for the empire or at the least supports of the regieme.   And I see no way one could be a Sith Warrior or Inquistor of any merit without being one stone cold @!#$!.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

you should roll a bounty hunter then, i got the feeling while playing one that you can make your own decisions good or bad..bh come across as neutral and don't really care for douchie royal sith or jedi.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

My role model as Jedi is Qui-Gon Jin; he sticks to the codex as good as possible, but he is also pragmatic and makes his own decisions, sometimes even when it goes against the codex. No one forced you to be Jedi, you are free to go. So I believe people should stick to a code of an order they are free to enter and free to leave. Or try to change the codex from within. However, as one of our earth codex' said: "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath.", meaning rules must serve the people not people serve rules. There is always a meaning behind a rule, and in the end every human being must ask himself when rules apply, or he would be a blind machine, but also not break them wanton and at a whim.

In the immortal words of Captain Barbossa: "The code is more guidelines than actual rules!"

EDIT: I felt more myself playing a lightside Sith, however, than a grey Jedi, who sometimes felt like he had to chose "dark", when I personally doubted that *I* saw that as dark.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

*spoiler if you haven't read Decieved*

I guess Ayrn from Decieved would be a middle ground Jedi.  She leaves the Order and almost kills the Twi'lek companion of Darth Malgus. 

The problem I run into is that for the most part Jedi are "too good to be true" and Sith are "too bad to be true".   If that makes sense.

I agree in as much as prior poster that on the Empire side the best choice (and the one I will most likely make if I play empire) will be a Bounty Hunter since they can have a moral code.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Why especially not an innocent lady?

• MercurialGMercurialG Member UncommonPosts: 50

Just because you are Sith does not mean you just kill people because you want to be evil.  Killing without reason or gain, or killing for sadistic pleasure is for fools.  Paraphrased of course cause I can't remember the exact quote from Darth Bane.

Originally posted by zaran

Just because you are Sith does not mean you just kill people because you want to be evil.  Killing without reason or gain, or killing for sadistic pleasure is for fools.  Paraphrased of course cause I can't remember the exact quote from Darth Bane.

No, but you are alligned with people that do, which makes you just as guilty

I understand what you mean. Usually I don't play evil side, but in this I make an exception.

My Sith Inquisitor was a Sith Pureblood who was a slave all his life. Now he gets the chance to become Sith. But he can do good. Still, as Pureblood, he can't just leave the Empire and become Jedi. No one would want him. And he doesn't believe in the simplistic Jedi view either. I felt the light choices in the Sith Inquisitor story made sense. It wasn't just some simple "goody good", but choices that made some sense. I tried to work the best within the system. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But as fas as I played it, level 13, it made a lot of sense.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Elikal

I understand what you mean. Usually I don't play evil side, but in this I make an exception.

My Sith Inquisitor was a Sith Pureblood who was a slave all his life. Now he gets the chance to become Sith. But he can do good. Still, as Pureblood, he can't just leave the Empire and become Jedi. No one would want him. And he doesn't believe in the simplistic Jedi view either. I felt the light choices in the Sith Inquisitor story made sense. It wasn't just some simple "goody good", but choices that made some sense. I tried to work the best within the system. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But as fas as I played it, level 13, it made a lot of sense.

I think thats rather curious,  how does a Sith Pureblood become a slave? Does the lore allow for it?

<< Has no knowledge of Star Wars beyond Swg and the movies.

Originally posted by Redemp

I think thats rather curious,  how does a Sith Pureblood become a slave? Does the lore allow for it?

Tbh I have no clue. It wasn't explained. Maybe there is lore to know, but just following the class story I didn't know why this was so. I just knew everyone was yelling as me as "hey you, slave!"

Originally posted by Redemp

Tbh I have no clue. It wasn't explained. Maybe there is lore to know, but just following the class story I didn't know why this was so. I just knew everyone was yelling as me as "hey you, slave!"

Well, thats atleast somehting left to the immagination...

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

There was a sect of Jedi called the Potentium who believed there was no light or dark side to the force and that it was inherently good, only the individual user could twist the force into evil. They seemed to think they could do whatever they wanted as long as their intentions were good.

They were eventually expelled from the order during Yoda's time on the council.

That might be something you could roleplay ;)

more info on it here. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium