Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Many accounts Did you have before you left/the game ended?

hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Personally...I have 4 accounts active Right now....

2 will cancel before Sept 15 and not be resub'd....The other 2 accounts will be connected to the galaxy until December 15th.

No Flaming and Trolling...just how many did you once have at max?

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

Comments

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

Have a total of 6 accounts. Only one is on a free trial right now. Zero subbed. I will sub two of them on the 15th for the last hoorah only because I plan on transferring them back to Radiant so they can die where they were born. Don't really have that much love for teh game and I'm glad it's finally being shut off, but only stuck with it for as long as I did because of my attachment to my characters. They are what kept me coming back. Not teh game itself.

• bleed0rangebleed0range Member Posts: 109

I don't think I'll ever understand the people who have 4-6+ accounts.  I have one account.  That's all I've ever needed.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

One Account...never more than one.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

One account when i quit at CU, but i was seriously considering a second account temporarily to grind up a shipwright and pimp out my ship with the best equipment...

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I think I only had one. I only played it a couple times, but I bought it a couple times I think becuase of the free month that came with it. And the price was less than a month.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

Well I had 3. I bought my first copy launch day. ABout 2 months later I build a new computer and got a second account so my now exwife would leave mine alone. Then for my birthday about 6 months after launch my brother saw the game and thought I would like it so he bought me one. and thru all the years I normaly had at least one active.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by bleed0range

I don't think I'll ever understand the people who have 4-6+ accounts.  I have one account.  That's all I've ever needed.

Ya but I had 3 on one, two accounts 5 toons, I could run a Doc ent and a looter at the same time.   Or have a one man group of 7 for looting and treasure maps.    One ent 3 holos, two pets and me.   It let me loot the higher end stuff for the last 3 years.    People that have 4 accounts I think wanted more rewards from vet or TCG free cards.   

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Three, two got canc'd after CU and the other one died the day of NGE.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Between my wife and I we had 3 accounts. 

Now realize at the begining it was one character per account on a server.  I liked this because people got to know you...you had a reputation.  Because of the skill system you were never locked into a class or role as you could just earn more xp and migrate your skills over time to become something completely new.  Wouldn't have worked without that.

After unlocking Jedi I of course could have 2 characters on each account, but then they added another character slot.  For those that unlocked Jedi pre-CU, we actually can have 3 characters on each account per server now.

One extra account between us seemed to work fine.  I know many others though who had 4-5 accounts back in the early days!

• AcimAcim Member UncommonPosts: 1

3 accounts, 8 toons, at max.

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351

My first character was going to be a bothan entertainer/tailor (account 1).  I wanted more vendors than what the final template for her was going to allow so, a month after I started playing (as in April 1, 2004 and May 1, 2004), I added a second account that was originally suppose to mainly support my first toon but she ended up being CH/shooter instead.  A few months later I moved to another server (not a character transfer but with different toons).  Around the end of 2004 or beginning of 2005, I added a 3rd account.  In March of 2005, I switched servers once again and started the characters on this server being able to plan templates according to having 3 toons (a crafter, an entertainer, and a combat...although that changed when CU hit).

So the quick answer to your question is the most paid accounts I ever had at one time was three (with 6 toons on one server when I would return for a month or so at a time during that first year of NGE), with one account having JtL until JtL became a free addition to the game.

SWG was when I became a true "alt-oholic" although most MMOs don't have a reason for needing alts (other than different combat styles and maybe a different "starting zone").

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

I had 6 sub'd accounts, all cancelled the day NGE hit.  Never been back.  Pre-CU SWG is still my all-time favorite game.  We've yet to see anyone come close to approaching the crafting and bio-engineering systems in that game.  We probably never will.

While waiting for GW2 to arrive, I've been trying to find something to play.  There's virtually nothing out there.

While waiting for the SWTOR beta client to download (14 GIGS!!??) I went to Youtube and called up some of the old goodbye SWG vids.  Still brings a tear to my eyes.

And it's interesting how SWG closes its doors a week before SWTOR goes live.  LucasArts doesn't lose a day of money from MMOs on its license.  Bastages.  (sigh)

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

4 accounts closed during NGE

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Wow some of you guys had a lot of accounts!~

I had 2, but that was quite a bit since I was only 15 when it came out.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

3 Accounts...12 Toons across 2 Servers (Flurry and Shadowfire) when I quit (around Jan 09)...4 Level Capped Characters and at least 10 times through the Legacy Quests...lol

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Before the NGE, I had 6 accounts. (ZERO since NGE)

Never had a Jedi in any of them..... Damn glowy-stick pukes.

I was very content on paying for all of them due to it being my real only extra cost per month. 

Back then it was fun to be able to have my own guild within a guild. 

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

4 - 1 for both my kids and myself, 1 we shared.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

At one time (pre-NGE), my household had six accounts up and running. The NGE wiped them all out in the end.

R.I.P. SWG

• SaracenBladeSaracenBlade Member Posts: 3

12 active 

• j1flawj1flaw Member Posts: 131

The most I ever had at 1 times was 3... That was never enough, but I made due where I could... Right now I have just 1...

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I was paying $45/month for three accounts on one server (Bria) pre NGE.

I had a Ranger/Rifleman and a Master Weaponsmith with popular shop on Dantooine

Then I had a 3rd account I rotated through various builds for fun.  So much to do in that virtual world and yet no "end game".  Ahh the good old days.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

2 accounts, technically. I played one up until I quit after NGE. A year or two later, I created another to run the free trial, so I could see for myself what it was actually like.

• RayzornRayzorn Member Posts: 7

I had 8 accounts up until 2007.

The only thing that keept me in the game from 2005 - 2007 was RP

But in 2007 all my friends had left the game. Only thing left in the game

was standing outside Mos Eisely Starport doing nothing

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Three, used to be 4 but gave one away. I only usually kept one active but activated the other when crafting and entertainer was in short supply and third account was alternative combat classes that I didn't play much (squad leader if the guild needed one, etc). Two had the buggy 3 character slot. ;)

• TheiskareotTheiskareot Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by hipiap

Personally...I have 4 accounts active Right now....

2 will cancel before Sept 15 and not be resub'd....The other 2 accounts will be connected to the galaxy until December 15th.

No Flaming and Trolling...just how many did you once have at max?

1 prior to the NGE-=

0 after the NGE would never be that stupid to pay for a bad product with bad support myself.