Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta Teaser Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

XLGames and the ArcheAge Online team has released a new trailer to tease the upcoming closed beta test 4 in Korea. The trailer features some impressive footage of two armadas of ships arriving at a mysterious island and hints at the battle to come. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Can't wait for this game.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

There sure is a lot of promise for this game. They got the concept. Let's see if they got the excecution.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Hehe, nice. Promissing, promissing ...

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

if we're lucky, we'll get the game in the west by 2020.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

About the trailer:

The concept is simple: guild of people claims an island (the whole sword thing is claiming the place) , possibly hoping to start business and stuff (as example in CBT3 there was a case of a guild who spent entire CBT as wood-cutting company, having set up the whole place of houses, planting trees, selling wood to players, etc)

The players who are aligned into "lawless/criminal/pirate" alignment come to raid the place.

Theoretically a piracy in the oceans is as viable way of playing as any of other infintie possibilities.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

is that true? i mean it's awesome that if it happens in the game,

like there would actually be a dedicated guilds that will only do that kind of stuffs, and it's going to be so immersive

but yeah, being a pirate in this game could be something as you can just raid towns whenever you like and loot all the stuffs, haha

So What Now?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I see an extortion racket in the making.

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

WOW! 

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Ugh. Why couldn't Star Wars be THIS!

Let's hope the NA publisher is worthy of this.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by kishe

if we're lucky, we'll get the game in the west by 2020.

+1. And if we are luckier, it will actually deliver on half the promised material.

I would like to have more faith in developers and publishers these days, but east or west, they just seem to keep delivering half assed products, over and over and over again.

• OhMyGothOhMyGoth Member UncommonPosts: 56

Game looks nice, i like some of the features, but in the end it's just meh for me. Seen one video with a class that had an over sized axe and fighting an insanely huge tree. Not a huge fan of that kinda stuff, was disappointed seeing the world bosses in swtor like that. Seen to much of that in other fantasy games to want to go down that road again, pass.

• Lady_FemkeLady_Femke Member Posts: 1

So basically eve online on land. Move along, nothinfg new and a rather limited audience. Despite Hardcore PVP'ers wowing about Eve it is still haemoraging players and in all the years its been going losing your electronic goodies to pirates stops many many people joining or staying in the game. Especially when egotistical guild/corp/alliance leaders form huge blobs to take land and stuff from other small corps and guilds same will happen here. Alliances of pirate guilds fighting each other in huge blobs.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Lady_Femke

So basically eve online on land

That's called "perpetuum"

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by precious328

Thank god Star Wars is not like THIS!

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• DyraeleDyraele Member UncommonPosts: 200

Let's hope the NA publisher is worthy of this.

If we ever get one.

AKA - Bruxail

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Video only in 380p?

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Originally posted by ghost047

Explain this? AA looks to be a much better mmo than TOR, has tons more features, and is wide open. TOR is limited, linear, and dumbed down. You like being limited and still pay for it?

Personaly i wish TOR was like AA, would ahve killed WOW for sure ;)

And Star Wars was like this, game called SWG ;) Same concept.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Onomas

Originally posted by ghost047

Explain this? AA looks to be a much better mmo than TOR, has tons more features, and is wide open. TOR is limited, linear, and dumbed down. You like being limited and still pay for it?

Personaly i wish TOR was like AA, would ahve killed WOW for sure ;)

And Star Wars was like this, game called SWG ;) Same concept.

Some people prefer it when the game tells them what to do. They get confused when placed in an open world with the premise of creating their own adventure.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

So basically eve online on land. Move along, nothinfg new and a rather limited audience. Despite Hardcore PVP'ers wowing about Eve it is still haemoraging players and in all the years its been going losing your electronic goodies to pirates stops many many people joining or staying in the game. Especially when egotistical guild/corp/alliance leaders form huge blobs to take land and stuff from other small corps and guilds same will happen here. Alliances of pirate guilds fighting each other in huge blobs.

AA is not Eve on land in any form.  Eve is way more sandbox than AA is. And Eve isnt really declining anymore either. Also, in AA you only lose crafting goods, nothing else.

Try again please.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Move along, nothing new and a rather limited audience?   You compare to Eve so you can moan about Eve, when Archeage is nothing like eve.  If you are unhappy with Eve, move along and play a game you do enjoy.  

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Yuui

About the trailer:

The concept is simple: guild of people claims an island (the whole sword thing is claiming the place) , possibly hoping to start business and stuff (as example in CBT3 there was a case of a guild who spent entire CBT as wood-cutting company, having set up the whole place of houses, planting trees, selling wood to players, etc)

The players who are aligned into "lawless/criminal/pirate" alignment come to raid the place.

Theoretically a piracy in the oceans is as viable way of playing as any of other infintie possibilities.

That sounds pretty cool. 

Because it also means its just as viable to be a Merc group that hires out as merchant protection.    Which goes back to the Pk and Anti days of UO... in a sense.   When my buddy got me to go out and hunt "reds" with him... was when UO really reached out and grabbed me... to never let go.