Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fast paced pvp faction teritoral

drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

Iam looking for a game where you play mass battles for land between factions.

with skill systems such as i hit a button i swing my sword  or do a type of attack.

games simlar to what iam looking for. shatered galaxy, fantasy earth zero  and rakion.

these games all have map objective that help your faction cept rakion. rakion is pretty close but iam looking for more massive and meaning behind the pvp such as land control.

these games have a high skill cap. they are very simple games.

list/type of games i am not looking for.

moba games

warhammer online.

wow

eve online. 

Comments

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

DragonSoul? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/593

I really have no idea about the game other than it's PvP centric and sounds to have some sort of in-depth nation control (or something).

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

edit: on second thought i believe i didnt explain well enough.

looking for almost pure pvp game. where attacking someone has more then just the effect of lowering there hp like in a fighting game. also could be a 3rd person fps type where u aim your attacks .

i dont really feel like playing a game where u just go at each other and spam skills. like wow pvp. i mean that does take skill but iam looking for more of a fighting type pvp then one where dont just click on the other guy and trade blows and being hit doesnt knock u down or something.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by drivec

edit: on second thought i believe i didnt explain well enough.

looking for almost pure pvp game. where attacking someone has more then just the effect of lowering there hp like in a fighting game. also could be a 3rd person fps type where u aim your attacks .

i dont really feel like playing a game where u just go at each other and spam skills. like wow pvp. i mean that does take skill but iam looking for more of a fighting type pvp then one where dont just click on the other guy and trade blows and being hit doesnt knock u down or something.

Well you really won't find the sort of depth you are looking for in an action-mmo, or the type of controls you want in a mmo with large open areas and territory control either.

Those two things havn't really come together yet (as far as I know), mostly for technical reasons probably.

Some upcoming games might come closer, but still not quite there yet though.

Maybe try Dragons Nest, Vindictus, or DCUO in the meantime..

DN: is all instanced based however, but has some pretty fun PvP taking place in arenas, and it offers the sort of controls I think you want.

Vind: I havn't played in a long time, pretty much the same as DN (not sure if PvP is in it yet though).

DCUO: can be played in a sort of unofficial territory control sense on the PvP servers (either goto some of the opposite side's questing areas or defend your own side's, having a group/guild later on would help), but isn't really all that different from regular mmo spam controls. Other than the regular attacks&combos playing a bigger part it mostly feels like target & spam eventually.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Darkfall and MO sound like what your describing.  Mortal Online has territory control, where guild can build a keep and expand there land, taking over towns ect. It is a fairly new patch so u can still join up and get in early, and you can see a overview of what's going on: here. You can see that the guilds are just starting to expand there territory by building control towers ect.

Darkfall has pretty big sieges for keeps and such.  Third person/first person hybrid combat. Fast paced, pretty high skill cap. Both games are ffa and full loot, factions exist from the players ( alliances).

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Try out Darkfall or MO.

Darkfall has endless grind, but is exactly like what you're describing.

MO is a better designed game, but content is lacking and still many bugs.

TERA online is something to look forward to.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Fastest pace PVP would be Darkfall because of the amount of buttons you end up using lol and its FPS-style combat where the winner takes all in a FFA PVP world so also gives quite the adrenaline rush at times that I have never had in any other game. I think this is the funnest MMORPG currently.

Mortal Online didn't feel territorial when I played it but maybe they made some changes? I just don't have the patience to play this game without some sort of bunny-hop or something. It takes forever to walk somewhere until I read a book that somehow teaches me to run? lol wierd game

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

What your looking for doesn't necessarily exist just yet.

Yeah, like the other two said, Darkfall and Mortal Online have territory fights and whatnot, however getting to the acctual PvP portion takes forever, you have to grind on PvE mobs for weeks to even be able to fight. Yeah, you can join an alliance and get geared up, but even still it takes forever to get your skill levels up to be able to fight in PvP.

What your looking for sounds similar to Planetside, though Planetside is a sci-fi.

I'd highly reccommend waiting for planetside 2, as well as guild wars 2, as both will have PvP with meaning. In Planetside 2, its all pvp, sort of like Battlefield but on a massive scale. Guild Wars 2's World vs. World pvp is literally going to be a fight for the entire world, and the "realm" that wins will win benefits for their realm only, and you can start PvPing from level 1 and be effective. But like I said, both PS2 and GW2 aren't out yet, but be patient, they are probably just what you are looking for.