Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The mind-trap of expectations

ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

RE: SWTOR

After looking at these forums I was interested to see how many posters seemed to be dealing with shattered expectations. This is not a "don't post your negative opinion" post, I just think that it's fascinating to see so many people so disappointed. 

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Well...The only ONLY reason I wanted to play SWTOR was to kick people in the groin and shotgun them in the face.  Well..And to play Kotor 3 of course.  If they made kotor 3 and made it online with the same engine as the other Kotor games then I would still play it. 

I never looked at it as an mmorpg but when I tried it, I found it very good.  I loved the grouping.  I especially liked how I could team with other people and we suddenly go do our class quests then meet back and stuff. 

Sooo...Idk what other peoples expectations are of it but its almost exactly what I thought it would be.  Which is KOTOR + WoW controls + multiplayer.

As for the groin kicking...I was EXTREMELY disappointed to see it with a 45 second cooldown.  But theres still something fulfilling about kicking someone down there then shotgunning them in the back (or side) of their head.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

After playing this weekend it pretty much was exactly what I expected. It's a good theme park game. It's not for me but I think a lot of people will enjoy it.