Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame gear preview: THE HORROR

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Naral

Originally posted by Elikal

Sorry, anyone defending THIS is beyond reasoning:

Hey the guy on the left looks like he/she is ready to be shot out of a cannon.   The right aint so bad to me, but then that might be because I have no desire to play this class, just beat it up with my sith warrior. =)

Ah, yes, the vaunted Jedi Bullet.  Deadly AoE, short life-span.

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

Those are just one set for one class.  While I didn't get anywhere near 50 during beta, I know there were tons of different styles to choose from.  And who knows?  Maybe someone will want to dress up like they're headed to Rio Carvinal.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Omg, those outfits look very silly. This is for real, right? Its not some dev joke or something?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Originally posted by eluldor

Just like this.

Made me laugh. Thanks!

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51

I wouldn't put level 50 mods in level 10 armor/weapons. You will lose a lot of defense and weapon damage that way. Unless they magically get more weapon and armor rating when you put higher mods (that only increase stats) in them.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Yeah, I don't know entirely about the mod system, but I was perfectly acceptable on my Sith Inquisitor at level 10 when I played the beta. Got an awesome black skirt and hood combo going on, like everbody else did, after doing that Black Talon flashpoint. So if you could have that and get the stats you want on it, I'd definitely go for that or something akin to it because that's something I can traditionally identify from Star Wars. Not too mention choosing Assassin and the race made him look like Darth Maul! (don't slay me for referring to the prequels please). I'm sure that's a running theme or cliche at this point, but god dammit if it didn't make me feel cool then I have sporatic, inexplicable periods of elation when playing games I'm not particularly interested in. xD

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

As someone who has had a brush with armor in the past (the M1A2 kind of armor) I would call the Jedi on the left:

Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Jedi Consular 

That sonofabitch will pierce any armor the Sith have. Period.

Seriously, that pic reminds me of a tank round.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Dwigo

I wouldn't put level 50 mods in level 10 armor/weapons. You will lose a lot of defense and weapon damage that way. Unless they magically get more weapon and armor rating when you put higher mods (that only increase stats) in them.

Yep it's magic.  Gear is a shell that has no stats on them by themselves.  Mods level and quality determine the level and stats of the gear.  The damage/armor rating is on the mods not the gear.

Pick any set of gear you want as long as it has mod slots on it than upgrade it as you level or get better rewards by stiping the mods off better gaer and installing them on the stuff you want.  I think it's a pretty neat system personally.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

That is some damn awful armour for any game, wow.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Originally posted by sgtairborne

Some of us want to live out our virtual lives in a Lady Gaga video. I cant help that I was born this way.

+1

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by DexterMMO
    (insert random gear) attach crafted cloak & hood then add mods = profit!
    I don't understand, can you explain please?

This says a lot about this thread.

Don't like the armor? Simple. Don't wear it. No one is forcing you to.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by udon

I knew SWTOR as SW setting was supposed to have... unique fashion sense. But this. Good grief. I saw a preview video of PVE and PVP endgame gear, and goddamn thats so ugly I thought I cry! The endgame Consular looks like a Drag Queen! And others looks just the same bad! And on top, the giantic shoulder pads are attached to the chest piece, so you CAN'T not use them.
    Here is the vid for the Republic side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abFMaB9dzyw
    And here for Imperial side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppCNHRz29Y

Comment: the video comments are in German, but I think you can guess what is what. It starts with a preview of the mounts. The commentator says, the preview have low texture in this preview window, but higher textures in real, of course.
    Still... good riddance, what did those people SMOKE when the designed THIS! Who WANTS that!

You don't have to wear it if you don't want to.  Gear is a empty shell that you put mods on and has no stats on it's own.
    It's the mods that determine the quality and level of the gear not the piece of gear itself.  So if you want to upgrade something you got at level 10 with raid mods you have the same stats but just look like your in level 10 gear.

Well, all I can say is I'm glad they are adding over a thousand moddable items to the game in the current patch and I'm looking forward to working on moddable stuff rather than wearing developers' ideas of end game gear. Developers seem to have almost universally bad taste and stuff that looks cool ends up being an accident.

** edit **
    Your gear upgrades as you upgrade the mods, so your level 10 gear will be level 50 gear with level 50 mods.

The stats are separate from the appearance, so you can have cloth tank gear on your Trooper or Bounty Hunter with the right mods.

** edit^2 **
    It did not occur to me until just now, but you might be able to take 'Heavy' armor and make it 'Light' armor for your class that can only wear light armor. It would still look like Heavy armor though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Oh dear - i can see what the op means , it does look a bit priscilla queen of the desert in fairness , lets hope they come back to review them at some stage.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I knew SWTOR as SW setting was supposed to have... unique fashion sense. But this. Good grief. I saw a preview video of PVE and PVP endgame gear, and goddamn thats so ugly I thought I cry! The endgame Consular looks like a Drag Queen! And others looks just the same bad! And on top, the giantic shoulder pads are attached to the chest piece, so you CAN'T not use them. 

I don't know what you really expect from a dress wearing class.

If you wanted to look cool, don't roll a clothie, roll a Trooper or BH or something lol...

Clothie classes usually don't look cool in any game.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

Splendid! All this needs now is a large metal codpiece from Blackadder and the outfit will be perfect. Just not for Star Wars.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

If you wanted to look cool, don't roll a clothie, roll a Trooper or BH or something lol...

i find http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/suit.shtml to have some very very nice cloth sets.. one thing I always liked about AION was the armor

Originally posted by sanosukex

i find http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/suit.shtml to have some very very nice cloth sets.. one thing I always liked about AION was the armor

Maybe it is just personal preference but I feel all of the gears in Aion is just too much. I don't like their appearances at all.

Prefer realistic looking stuff, like armors in AoC.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Maybe it is just personal preference but I feel all of the gears in Aion is just too much. I don't like their appearances at all.

i HATED AoC stuff but just goes to show you how differn't peoples tastes can be...

i HATED AoC stuff but just goes to show you how differn't peoples tastes can be...

Exactly.

Some people like clothes, others like heavy armor; some like high fantasy/gothic look, others like the historical/tech look

• BrutanBrutan Member Posts: 6

hehehe the endgame gear looks really funny

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Saldy I've een knowing for too long how the end gear sucked. If at least we could hide the shoulder flaps...

BTW vid in HD: clicky

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

/snip

Mmm really.

image         image

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

That's admittedly terrible

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Im really happy I can mod simpler looking gear.  I got that over the top look out of my system in WoW.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by stayontarget

/snip

Mmm really.

image         image

Doesn't convince me sorry... looks like some gothic hobo in furcoat, lol