Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

star wars to break sales record in 24 hours.

I predict star wars to break skyrim's sales record in 24 hours of release (this includes box sales in retail + digital downloads from various online retailers). I can even dare to say even higher then world of warcraft cataclysm sales record.

You heard from me first :)

[Mod Edit]

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Dunno about that..

This just passed beta weekend event was a mixed bag..

people liked it,but there were also just as many who canceled their pre-orders.

• DaphonicDaphonic Member UncommonPosts: 42

Your wrong. On the simple fact that there will be a Limited Release of avalible Units on release day sir. There will be less Million units day one.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I expect it may break mmorpg sales records...but I don't know about Skyrim or anything beyond mmorpg though. I wouldn't count on it getting WoW's sub numbers either. Or WoW's box sales. With 12 million players, they probably sold 18 million boxes.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by tank017

Dunno about that..

It wasnt mixed, just a vary small minority of the testers didnt like the game the last weekend, and when i said ¨minority¨ im talking about the 2% of the testers. For the last 2 days, swtor.com have even a queue, yes a queue, you´ll find a new page with the estimated time that you gonna need to wait in the queue and a trailer to watch while you are waiting, I never saw anything like that and well, the guild page is just collapsed.  

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by hikaru77

Dunno about that..

It wasnt mixed, just a vary small minority of the testers didnt like the game the last weekend, and when i said ¨minority¨ im talking about the 2% of the testers.

Keep telling yourself that.  I've seen people parrot talking points like this in every single MMO that launched strong and flopped after people hit the level cap and saw that it was the same as the game they just left. I encourage you to bookmark this post and come back in six months so you can tell me how right I was.  Don't take my word for it; look at Rift, AoC, WAR, Aion, etc.

For the last 2 days, swtor.com have even a queue, yes a queue, you´ll find a new page with the estimated time that you gonna need to wait in the queue and a trailer to watch while you are waiting, I never saw anything like that and well, the guild page is just collapsed.  

BioWare/EA having awful web servers doesn't mean the game is going to be an amazing success.  I've seen down forums and tons of hype surrounding many other flopped games.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I doubt it. That's a lot of boxes for a mmo.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Dunno about that..

Just curious... what news, present or future would make you eat those words?  As few qualifiers as possible, please.  I intend to bookmark this thread for future reference.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Badgered86

Keep telling yourself that.  I've seen people parrot talking points like this in every single MMO that launched strong and flopped after people hit the level cap and saw that it was the same as the game they just left. I encourage you to bookmark this post and come back in six months so you can tell me how right I was.  Don't take my word for it; look at Rift, AoC, WAR, Aion, etc.

Ooh, ooh, take the bet!  Slippery slope doompriests are wrong so often that you should take any odds offered.  As a converse accident, you're already 'ahead on points'.

Of course you have to get in writing what circumstance qualifies as a "failure" or we'll just see some goalpost-moving.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by Robsolf

Dunno about that..

Just curious... what news, present or future would make you eat those words?  As few qualifiers as possible, please.  I intend to bookmark this thread for future reference.

This made me lol.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• AngelfireAngelfire Member Posts: 145

Last numbers I saw and this was several days ago said they have confirmed over 900k pre-orders of just in store copies alone. Thats not the online pre-orders etc. I don't know if thats record breaking but its damn impressive and by release I wouldnt be surprised if we see close to double that. Take it what you will .. I know I digital pre-ordered through Origin but thats me.