Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I Was to Pre-Order Tomorrow...

jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

This is more of an "I wonder..." thread, solely for my musing.  I plan on preordering tomorrow morning.  The reasoning behind this:  the "jd's gaming and beer account" gets replenished with the sparse amount I have direct-deposited there in the morning, and once I get the pre-order done, I'll have a sense of accomplishment.  And I'll know that it's gonna be Miller High Life instead of Guinness for the next few weeks.  Anyway, on to the real point here.

If I order tomorrow, how early do you folks think I'll get to play?  The day before?  Two days?  Again, just wondering.  I figure even if it IS on the last day before "normal" release, at least I'll still have the game downloaded and preperly updated.  And I also figure that most people intent on playing will have already preordered and should be in before me wnyway, giving me a little more room in MY noob zones...

Whatchoo think?

Comments

• tw33ktw33k Member UncommonPosts: 44

excellent job rationalizing a late preorder,  but im not exactly sure how many early days youll get. 

• jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by jdlamson75

This is more of an "I wonder..." thread, solely for my musing.  I plan on preordering tomorrow morning.  The reasoning behind this:  the "jd's gaming and beer account" gets replenished with the sparse amount I have direct-deposited there in the morning, and once I get the pre-order done, I'll have a sense of accomplishment.  And I'll know that it's gonna be Miller High Life instead of Guinness for the next few weeks.  Anyway, on to the real point here.

If I order tomorrow, how early do you folks think I'll get to play?  The day before?  Two days?  Again, just wondering.  I figure even if it IS on the last day before "normal" release, at least I'll still have the game downloaded and preperly updated.  And I also figure that most people intent on playing will have already preordered and should be in before me wnyway, giving me a little more room in MY noob zones...

Whatchoo think?

I think it'll be spread out between 3 days MAX. Though, the servers handled just fine this past weekend It's possible they will have everyone in by day 2 of the 5 days head start.

So for you, I'd plan on having 3 days head start and then be pleasantly surprised if you get 4 days.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by tw33k

excellent job rationalizing a late preorder.

Why thank you...=P

Just played the beta this past weekend, enjoyed the hell out of what I did play.  A game I wasn't considering playing (for no reason other than "I'm a crotchety bastard") became a game I'm going to play.  I hate it when my curmudgeonly ways backfire on me.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by jp4lyfe

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Whatchoo think?

I think it'll be spread out between 3 days MAX. Though, the servers handled just fine this past weekend It's possible they will have everyone in by day 2 of the 5 days head start.

So for you, I'd plan on having 3 days head start and then be pleasantly surprised if you get 4 days.

Awesome, thanks for the optimism  =D

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

1-3 days. And thats a good thing IMO. you won't have to fight the massive 5 day early crowds or the massive launch crowd. You will be in the middle. And you will have enough people at your level to complete those heroic quests. Go for it man!

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.