Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame gear preview: THE HORROR

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I knew SWTOR as SW setting was supposed to have... unique fashion sense. But this. Good grief. I saw a preview video of PVE and PVP endgame gear, and goddamn thats so ugly I thought I cry! The endgame Consular looks like a Drag Queen! And others looks just the same bad! And on top, the giantic shoulder pads are attached to the chest piece, so you CAN'T not use them.

Here is the vid for the Republic side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abFMaB9dzyw

And here for Imperial side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppCNHRz29Y

Comment: the video comments are in German, but I think you can guess what is what. It starts with a preview of the mounts. The commentator says, the preview have low texture in this preview window, but higher textures in real, of course.

Still... good riddance, what did those people SMOKE when the designed THIS! Who WANTS that! image

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Elikal

I knew SWTOR as SW setting was supposed to have... unique fashion sense. But this. Good grief. I saw a preview video of PVE and PVP endgame gear, and goddamn thats so ugly I thought I cry! The endgame Consular looks like a Drag Queen! And others looks just the same bad! And on top, the giantic shoulder pads are attached to the chest piece, so you CAN'T not use them.

Here is the vid for the Republic side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abFMaB9dzyw

Comment: the video comments are in German, but I think you can guess what is what. It starts with a preview of the mounts. The commentator says, the preview have low texture in this preview window, but higher textures in real, of course.

Still... good riddance, what did those people SMOKE when the designed THIS! Who WANTS that! image

You don't have to wear it if you don't want to.  Gear is a empty shell that you put mods on and has no stats on it's own.

It's the mods that determine the quality and level of the gear not the piece of gear itself.  So if you want to upgrade something you got at level 10 with raid mods you have the same stats but just look like your in level 10 gear.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    (insert random gear) attach crafted cloak & hood then add mods = profit!

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• sgtairbornesgtairborne Member Posts: 51

Some of us want to live out our virtual lives in a Lady Gaga video. I cant help that I was born this way.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

imperial stuff looks half decent but yea republic is just horrible. Hopefully it won't look so bad on my female toon..

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by DexterMMO

I don't understand, can you explain please?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

The Gear looks that ugly bcs they want to sell Fashion in the Cash-Shop?

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

assume he means most jedi instead of that ugly ugly stuff will probably just wear crafted cloak with hood and just add stat modifications instead of wearing that ugly ugly stuff

As I mentioned most gear has mod slots on it.  The gear itself has no stats, the level and stats on gear is determined by the mods you put on it.  So put 3 level 50 purple mods on a lightsaber you got at level 10 and you get a level 50 purple lightsaber that looks like the level 10 one.

Honestly adding a apperance slot would have been much easier to implement but doing mods makes a much more flexible system so I htink it's a great add on.

The system wasn't done over the beta weekend but I read somewher they added over a 1000 new pieces of gear most with mod slots in Monday's build.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Consular looks like the Queen of Naboo

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

The only one I really hated was the Lady Gaga inspired jedi councilor head dress thingy. 

Are they going to have appearance slots at lauch?

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

You wear any gear you want, you have the freedom for it so it's brilliant.

Anyhow that gear still looks better than WoW stuff past T6.

Originally posted by Biggus99

Originally posted by sanosukex

The endgame Consular looks like a Drag Queen! 

Well, you're the one that was whining non-stop about not having same-sex romances in TOR.  This is Bioware's attempt to prepare you for the experience.  

Jesus, is there anything you don't complain about with regards to this game?  

is there really ANYTHING in this game you can't say is practically perfect in EVERY way?

and yes i quoted mary poppins on you

LOL, how can I possibly reply to a Mary Poppins diss?  Btw, I never said whether I liked the Consular endgame look or not.  All I commented on was the OP's incessant whining about the most mundane things imaginable.  No offense to Ellikal, but he gets bent out of shape over dumb shit, pisses and moans about "I'm so on the fence about this game, I hate this, I hate that," and yet will be playing the game come launch.  I just hope I'm not his server, because the general chat is going to be a mess.

gear is a funny thing though cause for some its the sole reason to get to that highest level. Some people just want that super cool looking gear. I'm the sort of player that gear is pretty important but not what I play for soley. I'm playing a third person game here and have to stare at the tale end of my toon for hours on end I'd at least like to be wearing something pleasing to the eye.. Honestly I don't see it as that little of a thing and feel he does have good reason to bring this complaint up

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Thats not the final product though,  you have a lot of other options.  Most specifically at 48 my consular had pants on.  PANTS.... not a dress.  

ZOMG, NOT PANTZZZZ!  DA HORROR!  At least tell me they were form-fitting and NOT those silly "skinny jeans."  If they are the skinny jeans, I swear, I am sooooo walking away from this game!  Omg, FAIL BIOWARE!  

Originally posted by Asamighost

You wear any gear you want, you have the freedom for it so it's brilliant.

Anyhow that gear still looks better than WoW stuff past T6.

WOW gear is pretty bad as well.. i'd take the designs in lineage 2 or Aion over wow's anyday

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Thats not the final product though,  you have a lot of other options.  Most specifically at 48 my consular had pants on.  PANTS.... not a dress.  

ZOMG, NOT PANTZZZZ!  DA HORROR!  At least tell me they were form-fitting and NOT those silly "skinny jeans."  If they are the skinny jeans, I swear, I am sooooo walking away from this game!  Omg, FAIL BIOWARE!  

Confirmed skinny jeans.  With pre-ripped holes.  Can't give my sources or they'll kill me...    <.<    >.>

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by sanosukex

gear is a funny thing though cause for some its the sole reason to get to that highest level. Some people just want that super cool looking gear. I'm the sort of player that gear is pretty important but not what I play for soley. I'm playing a third person game here and have to stare at the tale end of my toon for hours on end I'd at least like to be wearing something pleasing to the eye.. Honestly I don't see it as that little of a thing and feel he does have good reason to bring this complaint up

Maybe, but I'd guess you'd have to view the overall body of work to get the full appreciation for the trivial nature of the gripes.  Personally, I think a game that will have a modding system in place at launch with numerous sets of fully modable social gear one can wear, as well as an appearance tab coming to the game shortly after launch (confirmed), not to mention that 6 out of the 8 classes have pretty bad-ass looking endgame gear already...well, I just think whining about a Consular's dress is pretty nit-picky.  Chances are 100% that he'll never have to wear it when he gets to endgame if he doesn't want to.  

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

I really do wonder what was wrong with the classic, plain jedi and sith robes/cloak?

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Just like this.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

I really do wonder what was wrong with the classic, plain jedi and sith robes/cloak?

You don't remember Luke, Han, Chewie, and Leia repeatedly raiding the Death Star so they could all get phat loot?

As for the person that said to drop 50 mods in a 10 'Saber...

...so this list is wrong?

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/1/subcatg/7

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Come on, should a MMO not have some cool endgame gear you have to work hard because it is so cool you want it? Yes, fine you can keep your level 10 gear look all the time.. *yawn*. But at least *I* think a MMO needs some cool endgame gear people should want to have, because it looks cool.

Instead of attacking me for critizising, maybe some people talk about WHAT I critizise. Either my critique is valid or it isn't; the number of critiques I write says zero if they are valid or not! Good riddance. What do you critizise next, my name? My hairstyle??

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

You don't remember Luke, Han, Chewie, and Leia repeatedly raiding the Death Star so they could all get phat loot?

As for the person that said to drop 50 mods in a 10 'Saber...

...so this list is wrong?

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/1/subcatg/7

I think that's a old list before they added Mod's as alternative to apperance tab.

I played with it in beta weekend.  I took the mods off a Level 25 blaster and put them on a Level 10 one and turned it into a Level 25 blaster that had the same appearance as the level 10 one.  I than put some upgraded mods from the commendations vendors on it and upgraded the color.

Looking at the mods on Level 50 purple epic gear ALL the stats come from the mods so if you stripped those mods off the gear and put them on lower level gear you would end up with something with the same stats but the lower level appearnce.

It would have been easier for Bioware to just add a apperance tab but this system seems a lot more flexible long term to me.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I'm not sure you understand what your own sig means.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Sorry, anyone defending THIS is beyond reasoning:

Hey the guy on the left looks like he/she is ready to be shot out of a cannon.   The right aint so bad to me, but then that might be because I have no desire to play this class, just beat it up with my sith warrior. =)

On the top side, it narrows my long list of classes I wanted to play at launch.

/sarcasm off

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by udon

You don't have to wear it if you don't want to.  Gear is a empty shell that you put mods on and has no stats on it's own.

It's the mods that determine the quality and level of the gear not the piece of gear itself.  So if you want to upgrade something you got at level 10 with raid mods you have the same stats but just look like your in level 10 gear.

^This.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.