Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars The Old Republic 1080 - Smuggler - Low Level Questing

Part 2  still processing

Some early smuggler gameplay. I got alot recorded of smuggler and jedi sentinel stuff  so I should be able to get a video out every day or 2. So if you need your swtor fix keep your eye on my channel and the forums. Enjoy the video

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit

*Tower: Cooler Master 690

*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.7ghz

*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws

*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire Oc'ed to 930/1150

*Mother Board: Asus P8P67

*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt

*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Nice video. I loved playing Smuggler. I played it because I was planning to play BH on launch. But I enjoyed Smug so much I'll prolly play it at launch.

BTW are you using a 360 controller? Your camera movement looked really wonky. Not criticism, just wondering.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• quickshotzquickshotz Member Posts: 215

nope, only use a 360 controller for racing games.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by quickshotz

nope, only use a 360 controller for racing gaems.

OK sorry. It just looked like your camera was swinging around really fast compaired to my gameplay. It looked like me when I try to play a FPS with a controller.

Anyway I have looked at some of your other videos, you have done a nice job there. BW should hire you as a Community Coordinator.image

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by bartoni33

OK sorry. It just looked like your camera was swinging around really fast compaired to my gameplay. It looked like me when I try to play a FPS with a controller.

Anyway I have looked at some of your other videos, you have done a nice job there. BW should hire you as a Community Coordinator.image

Ha that would be a dream come true, to bad it aint ever happening :(

Part 2 OTW

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

shows just how awful smuggler gameplay is especially in starter area.. Its really abysmal. Bounter Hunter plays and feels a million times better than smuggler. Cover system looks bad, plays klunky and is really just bad all around. But I know some people LOVE it(can't see a single reason why) so to each his own.. Just think it's beyond dumb since you can cover behind two foot rocks and since enemies have no AI they will sit and shoot at your two foot rock from two feet away. The green outline cover indicator is just awful anything would of been better a little arrow would of been better. Sorry I just so wanted to play smuggler at release but guess ill be going bounty hunter instead..

I didnt like it much as well

Originally posted by bartoni33

assume you dont play many MMOs or FPS on computer. You probably turn with your keys as well? to get the camera to move fast you hold the right mouse button and move you mouse to adjust the camera. This allows you to turn the camera as fast as you move your mouse. Its not necessary to play this way in PVE but its recommened and its pretty much needed for pvp

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

I actually only made it to level 9 with my Smuggler, but even at that level, I loved the class enough to make it my main class for launch.  I thought it was a lot of fun, and enjoyed the cover mechanic.  Made the class feel more reactive than other classes I tried.  And I noticed right away the amount of burst damage the Smuggler was putting out was ridiculous compared to what I put out as a BH or Trooper.  Now, I just need to figure out what spec I'm rolling with.  

I have been playing games since 1994... I know how to play a mmo. I look around slow because it looks better.... lol its hilarious u all are putting so much thought into it. Its not pvp where I want to be moving my camera fast, this is easy sauce questin, id rather look at whats around me and enjoy it. Also I played cevo and cal back in the day for cs 1.6. I really dont get how me enjoying game graphics means im new lol.

I have been playing games since 1994... I know how to play a mmo. I look around slow because it looks better.... lol its hilarious u all are putting so much thought into it. Its not pvp where I want to be moving my camera fast, this is easy sauce questin, id rather look at whats around me and enjoy it.

think you misread what other guy and I wrote.. He was asking why your camera moved around too fast(not slow) and I commented on how you probably move by holding down the right mouse button(like you should be) to move the camera around and not turning the camera with they keyboard keys.

People play with arrow keys? I have not seena single soul use there keyboard to look around since... like..... jeez i cant even remember a game anyone did that in lol, and sorry for being hasty. Some jerk keeps spamming me on youtube about these videos so i was in rage mode. It redic how many people cause bs on youtube lol. so once again sorry for jumping the gun

People play with arrow keys? I have not seena single soul use there keyboard to look around since... like..... jeez i cant even remember a game anyone did that in lol, and sorry for being hasty. Some jerk keeps spamming me on youtube about these videos so i was in rage mode. It redic how many people cause bs on youtube lol. so once again sorry for jumping the gun

no problem lol yes MANY  people still use arrow keys.. its crazy I know.. there were amazingly a lot in rift doing it in PVP but that was fine with me cause they were easy killin in warfronts

Part 2  still processing

Part 2  still processing

ug just watching that hurts my head.. how anyone could find that combat more fun than bounty hunter or even tropper for that matter...  it's really sooooo bad

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I really hope they do something about the lifelessness of the world. After watching the video I see one glaring complaint that many have touched on only to be shot down as being over crtiical. The enemy doesn't move at all. I saw a couple that moved their foot, but stayed in place. Not that this will bother some, but it really does make the game feel empty when things stand around doing absolutely nothing. I guess thats to be expected from NPC's but the enemy mobs?  Call me what you will, but the game looked pretty bad from that small video. Some have stated that the class has it's issues so maybe that played into my perception, I dunno.  Pass

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

yea im rolling jedi knight on live. still not sure of guardian or sentinel yet, leaning towards sentinel

Originally posted by FlawSGI

I really hope they do something about the lifelessness of the world. After watching the video I see one glaring complaint that many have touched on only to be shot down as being over crtiical. The enemy doesn't move at all. I saw a couple that moved their foot, but stayed in place. Not that this will bother some, but it really does make the game feel empty when things stand around doing absolutely nothing. I guess thats to be expected from NPC's but the enemy mobs?  Call me what you will, but the game looked pretty bad from that small video. Some have stated that the class has it's issues so maybe that played into my perception, I dunno.  Pass

agreed AI is non existent. To be fair outside instances most MMOs don't have enemy AI worth a damn but for a next gen(well not quite but it is almost 2012) release people just expect little more from these games. And yes from this video alone i would honestly say this game looks like a steaming pile of s*it if I had not played it before and knew at least the other classes had much more fluid combat mechanics. Play BH throw delayed charge thing out there, followed by a rocket, all on the run towards a group then finish a guy off with the jetpack uppercut thing its a lot of fun and WAY better than this smuggler stuff...