Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class will you be come launch

I'm not sure if the poll was allready out but I figured what the heck start one anyways. From the recent experience from the game, either via beta, reviews, youtube, etc., I wanted to see what everyones starting class choice would be.  I'll give a quick insight on mine.  I'm going jedi consular (but with dark side answers.)  Why you may ask, well I wanted Imperial Agent to be my first choice but after beta I really couldn't get into their storyline.  I tried all the other classes and consular was the one that fit for me.  I was first sold on impact which is a great looking skill, but after putting together my first lightsaber, I said thats the class.  My second choice would prob then be Bounty Hunter.  If you played the beta the BH is pretty awesome to work with.  What do you guys think?  Im so damn excited ;) ;)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Smuggler, then Consular, then IA and finally the Warrior.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

No love for the Sith just yet.  Its funny cause when I tried both Sith classes I just couldnt really get into it.  The animations and character creation for them is what threw me off the most.  I do regret that I only played smuggler for a short time but I heard alot of positive feedback about them on the ingame chat.  Side note: With the beta test, I upped my preorder to include the personal mount.  I found the worlds to be a pretty good size, plus you have to do alot of walking/backtracking.  Thx all so far for the feedback ;) ;)

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    I'm only playing twi'lek characters so I voted Sith inquis as that's the only class a twi'lek can be in Empire... May just go republic so I have more options.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Bounty Hunter.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Consular -> Sage.  I usually play ranged DPS, however played a Sage to 28 and thoroughly enjoyed it

First alt will be a Smuggler -> Gunslinger

After that - no clue....ask again in a few months :D

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Before Beta, IA no doubt but after playing Trooper in the beta, i'm having a hard time choosing.

Troopers with their assault cannons and blowing shit up together with the first trooper companion is just too fun.

Most likely IA first because my guild is Sith then Trooper after

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

was gonna go sith but man the moral choices of chopping up innocent people and children if i remember really had taken it's toll on me since i was in to the story for my class.

I tried a republic trooper and jedi consular and a few sith classes and then when i made my anorexic smuggler who looked like jesus i was sold on that class.

Smuggler was so dam fun. he's gonna be my main thats for sure.

• paintchipspaintchips Member UncommonPosts: 107

Jedi Knight > Guardian > DPS

I've tried both the JK advance class specs and I just prefer the Guardian playstyle over the Sent, plus single lightsaber looks better, more iconic than dual wield.

Can't decide what my alt will be yet, will be on the republic side.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I am not sure if I will get it on launch or wait a little yet, but I will play a bounty hunter.

I might wait to be sure they hammered out all bugs before actually buying it, I am not in any particular hurry.

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Panda Monk,,, err wrong game. Jedi Consular!

I always like seeing these threads,  unlike other games when you have these threads they always seem to turn out differently.

For example, I'm surprised Bounty Hunter is so high on the list right now.... usually the inquisitor or warrior is top on the list.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

As I'm being forced to play Republic.  Going to go with Trooper and Commando AC.  Played one during my final days of beta weekend, and loved every moment of it.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Ironically, the class I'll be playing at launch is one of the two classes that absolutely did NOT appeal to me at first:  The Smuggler.  I didn't care for what I'd seen of the cover mechanic, didn't care for the way the class gear looked, and just really didn't care much for the playstyles.  So after falling in love with the Bounty Hunter, but being unable to play it due to my guild going Pub, I rolled a Trooper for the beta and got to level 25.  I thought it was fantastic and figured, "Yeah, this is my launch day class."  So then, with about 5 hours left of beta, I decided to roll a Smuggler just to see what they are like and after only 9 levels, I fell in love with the class.  I thought the cover mechanic was a really nice touch, and after getting used to using it I really like the reactive feel of the class.   There just seemed to be more strategy involved.  So amazingly, I'm going Smuggler now.  

However, I'm undecided on what AC I want to take and what spec I want.  

Sharpshooter (gunslinger) --  utilizes the cover mechanic the most, making this the best class for surviveability.   Also puts out a crap ton of single target dps.

Saboteur (gunslinger) -- High AoE output.  Utilizes grenades and explosive tech, which I love.  I worry about surviveability however since they don't rely on cover as much.

Scrapper (Scroundrel) -- One word:  Stealth!  Also I enjoy any spec that utilizes the dick kick as one of it's main combat abilities.  

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Normally I couldn't see myself playing a force user, and purely going by class design the Agent and the Trooper seem much  more interesting to me... Though I have to admit it was the Sith Warrior story and dialogue that ultimately sold me on the game, so who knows? I could just go with that.

Yeah, it's all a bit hackneyed, but it was at least engaging to me. And every time I did a flashpoint on the Empire side, hilarity ensued - maybe because some of the choices we make were so over-the-top. "Oh no you didn't!" I found the Republic side to be a much more sober experience - which makes sense, I reckon. :) 

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

imperial agent for me. ive heard they have the best storyline

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Hehe thought i was time tripping hehe.

I played many but fell in-love with smuggler. was going to be sith all the way but changed my mind when i thought i would give smugg a try.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Jedi Guardian but it will be a tough call. I had a lot of fun with the Jedi Sage in these last two betas. I am really on the fence. I also had a lot of fun with the Sith inquisitor, the Bounty Hunter, the smuggler and the trooper. I was really amazed at how much fun they made all the different classes. This game looks like it will have some serious replayability. I was also very impressed with how interesting the storyline of the Sith inquisitor was. I am not usually into evil characters but oddly I found it easy to play the inquisitor as a very cruel, cold, vengful woman. Men can be mean and selfish but nobody does cruel like a woman. :)

All die, so die well.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

I played all the main classes in some form. I simply had a blast playing the Bounty Hunter. It was.........FUN!

In order of degree, these are my reasons for enjoying the BH so much: story/voice acting/abilities/avtar texture/companions (Blizz)

I laughed out loud or at least chuckled or grined each time I used the "Death from Above" power. Using that attack is just fun to watch.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I always like seeing these threads,  unlike other games when you have these threads they always seem to turn out differently.

For example, I'm surprised Bounty Hunter is so high on the list right now.... usually the inquisitor or warrior is top on the list.

Exactly correct.  Its funny cause when I played the game I really wasnt "Awe Struck" by the graphics.  What got me was the classes.  Its the first time I had to actually really think about what class I wanted to play.  Most games I role in playing a mage and thats that.  This time I had to decide between Ranged DPS, Mage, And Melee.  I do give credit to Bioware to making the classes other then jedi, pretty damn fun.  One example was taking cover.  I never thought I would have as much fun running into a hanger, front rolling behind a piece of a plane, and come out guns a blazing.  Troopers look sick when they get their gattling gun rolling, and death from above it pretty awesome to witness.  Another side note: alot of ppl thought the graphics were a bit dumbed down, but I seriously think they look similar to the past Bioware Star Wars games.  Which isnt a bad thing and everyone knows how popular they were ;)

Originally posted by VikingGamer

. Men can be mean and selfish but nobody does cruel like a woman.

So true.  All of my evil characters are women.  

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Biggus99

I enjoy any spec that utilizes the dick kick  

@Biggus99, I made that my Quote

Originally posted by poefue

The one-legged Rick Flair ;)

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Can't have that without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Robsolf

Can't have that without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg

That clip was so funny it made me cry. Please don't post stuff like this during business hours. :)

All die, so die well.

• BoneflowerBoneflower Member Posts: 91

I have not played in any of the Betas (I want to start this journey fresh for a change), so my choice for main class has not been 100% finalized, but at this point I expect to start as a Trooper and take her in a combat medic direction. I generally always play a healer, and Jedi Consular and Trooper appeal to me the most from a roleplay stand point. Since I expect Consular to be the top healer class for the Republic, I am leaning Trooper. I find I enjoy walking the path lass taken.