Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: For Whom the Bell Tolls

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our latest One Jump Home column, we delve into the depths of the rumor mill, the supposed death of Alliances, the forging of new empires and all of the other things that pique the collective attention of EVE Online players. Read on and then leave us a few thoughts in the comments.

Recently the rumour mill went into full swing with regards to the apparent oncoming death of Morsus Mihi. I can't say I have any vested interest in whichever way this pendulum of fate swings. On one hand Morsus Mihi are historical figures in EVE Online. They kept the north in good stead for many years and were always reliable and stable. However as their lives in the North came to an end and the technetium wells dried up they found themselves in a strange position, an unfamiliar position, and a downright alien position. Ancient as they were, they hadn't felt the pain of eviction in many years and the events that followed left many of the remaining power blocks feeling the same sort of sympathy you'd feel for an old man who has truly lost his mind, yet in his youth was a sharp, well-kept gent.

Read more of Ross McDermott's One Jump Home: For Whom the Bell Tolls.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

I think it's healthy that the old status quo gets shaken up a bit.

Now if CCP would only fix up high and low sec, the rest of us could enjoy the game. I miss having the time to play in Null. :(

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

I love how Eve can have this kind of fully player-built rich history and story to it. 4 year veteran and still counting!

Where's the any key?

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

From whom the bell tolls a Book written by Ernst Hemmingway 1940  Movie from 1943 with Gary Cooper and 3 times Oscar Actress Ingrid Bergman :D

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Lighten_UpLighten_Up Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by forest-nl

From whom the bell tolls a Book written by Ernst Hemmingway 1940  Movie from 1943 with Gary Cooper and 3 times Oscar Actress Ingrid Bergman :D

'For Whom the Bell Tolls' just sounds so... intense, doesn't it? Like that main track from Donnie Darko. Or 'A Fire Upon the Deep', great, great book.