Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Skyrim - The Briefest of Reviews

124»

Comments

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Who ever said that a Sanbox game would not be a popular thing eh?

Whoever said that this would not be what players wanted?

Whoever said that it would not make it in today's market?

Oh wait..yeah...the gaming Industry has. :P

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

+1 to Coyote's pay

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

Loved the "review" and I love the game. I am playing on a 360 and have no problems.

Well except for forgetting to buy potions and forgetting to save.....

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

AWESOME game.

my 2cents

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

Originally posted by Mr.Coyote

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Sorry, but that was a failed review.  You failed to mention the horrendous design of the UI?  

From the article: "The only other flaw I can find with the game is the fact that some of the interface menus are a bit cumbersome and non-intuitive, and allow you to do things like “go 16 levels without knowing that you have a really nasty disease”.  "

Hilarious, +2 for the epic backhand.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• NesrieNesrie Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by Caldrin

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Sorry, but that was a failed review.  You failed to mention the horrendous design of the UI?  Shame such a great game is taken down a couple pegs by the failure of Bethesda to modifiy the UI for the PC.  That is a major issue far as I am concerned.  Yes people will eventually make mods to fix this oversight, but it does effect initial gameplay a lot.

really a major issue ?

I dont think i would call it a major issue at all.. maybe a slight annoyance that you soon get used to.

Responses like these is probably why companies keeping releasing with these issues. Bad UI is not a minor issue even if you can still enjoy the game in a major way.

parrotpholk-Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better.

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241
    The game is somewhat good. Compaions are beyond stupid and useless for a rogue char.

But the worst thing is, how can they spend so much time on a game and loudly fail on converting it to PC .. the interface for PC is so bad and annoying. Weapon swap, as if... the menu for it is so annoying and makes it take time, f*ck it ill stick to my bow and not trying for more cool tactics like slide throats and shoot etc. Crafting menu is bad as well any menu is badly made due to its a consol game. How fucking hard can it be to convert these game prober? did they forget what a mouse is or?? why is there no weapon swap key?...
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The real fun is when two dragons come at the same time, and a group of hired thugs just to really piss you off roflmao.  Good thing I went with lots of stamina to run XD

I was like omg wtf, TWO dragons!  Then ran away about 20 feet, and here comes 3 hired thugs (probably from Solitude, I went on an imperial killing spree earlier hehe).

Great read, and I really love this game.  I'm upto 68 hours played, ~20 hours sleep, ~12 minutes with my family lol.

As for the UI, you get used to it.  It's a little harder for mages, but even on my high elf (that can't join the Thalmor for some reason /sadface), I can switch over to dual jazz hands in under a second now.

• MikeTheSaintMikeTheSaint Member Posts: 74

Coyote you are the reason to visit this website. It sure as hell isn't the games ;D

I'm tempted to go into the loft to find and replay Morrowind while I save up for a new PC to play Skyrim on lol. I remember I actually dumped a beautiful girl so I could play with less interuption... I know right, what a wanker! Looking back I don't know who I feel bad for, me or her hahaha? No, it's definitely her. There have been plenty more fish in the sea but very few Morrowinds.

I would be interested to know if magic is still the be all and end all? It felt like it was back in Morrowind? One friend of mine had created a cat like thief and he was very proud of his lockpicking skills. When I showed him my character could open any lock with a wave of his hand and an arcane looking animation his expression was priceless. Another friend was a heavy armoured melee type and we were discussing hypothetical pvp and this guy was adamant he could hack up my mageling in seconds.

My only argument was "how?". I'd be 20ft up in the air raining fire and ice down on him and his primitive sword. If that wasn't working out for any reason I could fly over the wall of that fortress/town over yonder and by the time you've walked round to find the enterance I would be long gone leaving only a couple of empty mana vials at the scene.

Just curious

• ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 37

This review does not take into account the playability, or should I say LACK thereof, on the PS3.

Thumbs down for only reviewing this on one port and assuming it is mainstream.

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

• FierytexFierytex Member Posts: 20

I know this was posted a while ago, but I just read it and laughed so hard I cried.  Skyrim is great fun, I keep thinking about it while trying to play SWTOR.  My favorite companion that anyone can pick up early is the girl in the bar who will brawl with you for 100 coins, then if you win, she will follow you around for free.  So when you buy a house and get Lydia, she can just sit in the house and be snooty, you don't need her (assuming you haven't gotten the other girl killed.)  Great review.  Also loved the Christmas article.