Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Blizzard CEO's Statements Rain on EA's Parade

124»

Comments

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

It just comes off to me like he is being petty. 

The genera has had a rough time the last couple of years.  I know they are in direct competition but looks like they could be a little more gracious to each other.

I know I live in a make believe world.  I like it here ;D

• Shadows59Shadows59 Member Posts: 47

Sounds like someone running scared already in the face of the release of SWTOR shortly and TSW in April.

• LanthirLanthir Member UncommonPosts: 222

you mean wow as in the EQ clone

Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

He outright said that he doesn't know how the deal works, but just had doubts about how lucrative it could be for EA.  People are just clamoring to read all sorts of things into that.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Listen folks he's not a gamer, he is a CEO of a huge company.  HE was talking to finanacial people.  He was talking to share holders who are looking at WoW's decline and SWTOR's rise.

Rightfully he is pointing out that even if SWTOR is successful EA's profit margins will be lower then that of WoW's due to its licensing of Star Wars.  So its goign to take a heck of a lot more revenue for SWTOR to be as profitable as WoW.

Its ahs nothing to do with SWTOR's gameplay or success, its about sound business practices.

• AnXjakAnXjak Member Posts: 1

"Glory to the Empire" is the new and far vastly superior "For the horde"

{mod edit}

But whatever, if you like WoW,  go ahead and play. I personally prefer SWTOR.

Not much of a big deal now, is it? Nope.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Kotick isn't blizzards ceo or in charge of them at all. I think ill have to keep saying this till people stop spreading false information.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

There is lots of room for both TOR and WoW to make lots of money. BW declaired they were going to war with WoW. WoW are answering that call with 4.3 expansion and their own comments. We the gamers dont care in the end. We gona play what we wana play. I played WoW for 6 years and I dont like their new direction. I will be playing TOR and if in 6 months they dont fix their problems they will both lose my subs and GW2 may get me. Fact is everyone in the end wants something fresh and new.

• RoccprofitRoccprofit Member Posts: 98

The guy is cracked plain and simple. He is making the asumption that the people that play mmo's and the people that play things like mario cart and call of duty and battlefield are all different groups! Most that are currently playing call of duty played battlefield before call of duty was available, most who played WoW will look at SW:TOR when released and a good deal of them probaly have already been in on the weekend beta test.

Speaking on the beta test,  last weekend all the servers were full with wait times not sure on exact numbers but, they have like 25-30 servers at least and every one of them was full. not sure what server capacity is but that a lot of freakin people !

The era of people picking one game and playing that to death is gone, gamers play what ever catches there eye and really don't seem to care who made it. Gamers will play a game from EA as quick as they will play one from activision if it is a good game. Even if it sucks a lot of gamers will try it anyway just for something new to do.

This guy needs to wake up.