Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want me to come back and play eve?

2»

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by idgarad

Originally posted by Quesa

Originally posted by bobothewizar

Give me a PvP flag that I can turn on and off and only be attackable (including Ganking in high sec) when I turn it on.

Hell I would re-sub without a second thought.

You aren't the target demographic.  HTFU.

Tell that to the 20% that got laid off. Good to see smug players would rather watch the MMO die then soften up a bit to get a sustainable level of players coming in.

Yep you can HTFU all the way to server shut down...

Im a new carebear, loving it, loving the danger that is lurking if I am not careful.  Why the hell would I want a 'pvp flag'  The game appeals to new players now for the same reason it appealed to new players since day 1 - it offers a unforging universe that will allow you to survive if you know the rules of the jungle.  the 20% that got laid of were dropped because ccp spent too much focus on PVE content and neglected the core gameplay, which is pvp (and i say that as someone who hates pvp).   Plently games out there that offers pve safety nets, Eve offers the other side of the coin with a reaasonable if not fullproof safety net.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Give me a PvP flag that I can turn on and off and only be attackable (including Ganking in high sec) when I turn it on.

What you want is already here =====> SOLUTION

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• revajinrevajin Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by free2play

Not going to happen. ISK buys free game time and all PvE is designed to grind ISK. If the game took a PvE-centric turn, nobody would be paying for EVE.

Head explodes.

They still would be paying for EVE. PLEX only exists when someone else has bought it and puts it up for sale. PLEX costs more than the regular subscription price. It's not like they're actually getting the game for free and CCP is losing money. It's more like they're paying someone else ISK to pay for their sub.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

No! please dont come back.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by free2play

Not going to happen. ISK buys free game time and all PvE is designed to grind ISK. If the game took a PvE-centric turn, nobody would be paying for EVE.

Yes, this is most likely the case.

Keep on rockin'!image

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by free2playbuys free

• idgaradidgarad Member Posts: 174

Originally posted by Minsc

Tell that to the 20% that got laid off. Good to see smug players would rather watch the MMO die then soften up a bit to get a sustainable level of players coming in.

FYI that %20 got laid off because CCP let the FiS portion of the game stagnate while they worked on 3 other projects, not because they didn't turn the game into hello-kitty online.

They would have simply re-assigned the 20% back to Eve then. You don't lay off staff because they are mis-allocated and still have a pending workload. They would have re-allocated those people back onto Eve-releated projects and tasks. CCP loves to point out they use SCRUM teams and agile dev method so, no they were laid off for cost reduction. They aren't in a water-fall dev model where they would have had redundant staff.

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

Whats your problem dude? We are having fun in Eve, it's our game. You got basically all the other games on the market, yet you have to come to us and gloat over CCPs downtime? P*ss of maybe?

And in reality, the reason CCP is tanking right now, is because they introduced vanity items. Then priced them outrageously high, 70$ for  a pixel monacle. This insulted the playerbase and they felt they were made fools of. And then the CCP CEO stepped in it, when he made a long post saying that these things are for those who want to make a statement. And drawing parrallel to 1000$ jeans IRL.

He here showed that he had absolutely no idea who his customers was, because comparing them to Paris Hilton while taking the moral high ground was just about the dumbest thing he could do.

At the same time an intern memo leaked, titled "Greed is good". That did it, vets got up and left.

It didn't help that their last free expansion, Incarna, or stationwalking, turned out to be utterly redundant.

So the reason CCP is tanking, is not because PvE players have left, it's because the vets of the came have unsubbed most of their alts in protest.

And lastly, it is Goonswarm who are paying 250 million to anyone who kills a hisec Iceminer. This is driving Ice prices up, the other alliances suddenly have to pay much more to field their capital fleet. The markets are hot and the politics are red. The guys getting killed are part of it, and it is grand.

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Barbarbar

~snip_

~snip_

Whats your problem dude? We are having fun in Eve, it's our game. You got basically all the other games on the market, yet you have to come to us and gloat over CCPs downtime? P*ss of maybe?

And in reality, the reason CCP is tanking right now, is because they introduced vanity items. Then priced them outrageously high, 70$ for  a pixel monacle. This insulted the playerbase and they felt they were made fools of. And then the CCP CEO stepped in it, when he made a long post saying that these things are for those who want to make a statement. And drawing parrallel to 1000$ jeans IRL.

He here showed that he had absolutely no idea who his customers was, because comparing them to Paris Hilton while taking the moral high ground was just about the dumbest thing he could do.

At the same time an intern memo leaked, titled "Greed is good". That did it, vets got up and left.

It didn't help that their last free expansion, Incarna, or stationwalking, turned out to be utterly redundant.

So the reason CCP is tanking, is not because PvE players have left, it's because the vets of the came have unsubbed most of their alts in protest.

And lastly, it is Goonswarm who are paying 250 million to anyone who kills a hisec Iceminer. This is driving Ice prices up, the other alliances suddenly have to pay much more to field their capital fleet. The markets are hot and the politics are red. The guys getting killed are part of it, and it is grand.

Yes, yes it is.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• idgaradidgarad Member Posts: 174

Originally posted by Barbarbar

They are tanking because of far more then just Incarna. The alt count is getting too high and their base health is in question. MMOs across the industry are now fighting simple inflation since the market is so saturated now. I personally don't have much of a problem but they need higher enrollment and as you just lsted off, Eve is now nothing but vets and mostly just a playground for a few 0.0 power blocks.

They have lagged inflation 4 years in a row as best I can estimate for enrollment (and that assumes inflation is only 3%). That's pretty bad actually. That comes to at least 450 new 12 month subscriptions each month.

They have been floating WoD and Dust dev costs but that 20% cut in staff shows that whatever their margin is on Eve subs is as low as they are willing to go. We need more people coming in.  I am nervous on the sustainability of Eve as are many other players. It doesn't do us any good if Eve ends up on a liability sheet rather then asset. If they can't float WoD and Dust till they launch, it can and will drag down CCP since in this market getting investment capital to finish WoD would be pretty damn hard versus selling the IP off.

" it's because the vets of the came have unsubbed most of their alts in protest."

If that is the case then, based on the numbers most vets exceed 3 accounts per player, running with just 3 accounts per player over 30 mil skillpoints Eve has actually lost 20k actual customers (you know, people) since 2009. That's the thing about the subscription numbers, CCP won't tell anyone the number of actual people playing versus accounts (who in their right mind would). People I play with pre-PLEX had 2 accounts, some of them now have upwards of 10. All plex fueled. What you just mentioned is pretty dangerous business planning. If the accounts are that top heavy, what happens when the PLEX inflation gets high enough that people start cancelling 3,4,5 plex fueled alts at a time? 

"... It's our game", No it's CCP's. Holding Eve hostage and shutting out new players and the ability for Eve to adapt to the market is no just selfish, but from a business end, stupid. CCP should make changes, gradual ones, but changes to make Eve more accessable. Otherwise it will just evaporate over time. 450 new players a month, minimum to match inflation.

Out of touch with the players? Yes. Out of touch with potential players? Very. The problem is the CSM is elected to represent existing players but no one on the CSM represents potential players. We suffer a blind spot as a result. The rich gets richer and the poor get poor is a fitting saying. Eve gets better and better for veteran players and worse and worse for the new potential player. We look at things as existing Eve players, but are blind to potential player's criticism and sadly the Eve community has offered little except smug arrogance and assumptions that every non-Eve player is a retard, stupid, or an ADHD instant gratification n00b, when potential players find faults and areas that need to be improved.

As for Goonswarm paying bounty: more power to ya. If I wasn't saving up for an exploration Tengu I'd burn a few PvP ships to try and collect but last round burned out my savings in WH space.

• lordessedesslordessedess Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Worstluck

That's ridiculous.  That is not Eve.  Like it's been said, go play one of the countless other games that cater to you "no-risk" gameplay.  Eve doesn't want you, no one cares :D

One problem though...no game that "caters" to those who hate pvp,like myself, are as good as EVE in its "space explorer genre"  (6 year player and rarely ever had to deal with pvp :). I do understand however that pvp is a part of it (although i don't think its aywhere near 100% like stated previously) so keep your ships insured and your eyes open,also being polite and courteous to other players....includeing the pirates doesnt hurt. I once had my ship replaced by the very people that blew it up because i was "being a good sport", they even included better modules than i had beforehand, mostly tech 2 launchers and the like.

Only thing im currently hateing on the game for is when one of the more recent updates came out the games system requirements changed and my computer can't play it anymore, and now i shall curse them forever....or at least until i can afford a new computer :P

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

To be honest I think the OP is trolling :)

I think eve would be dull if you could flag yourself all the time.

• lordessedesslordessedess Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by gimmesome

Just want to say that I agree with pretty much every response given to you, OP.

-EVE/CCP does not target you or anyone else that wants consentual pvp  for their potential long term audience

-"Want me to come back?"  ...  why would we care?   Send that kind of message to CCP as at least your monthly subscription is something they might want.  Otherwise, who are you really asking?

- There are other space games; you don't have to play EVE.

- WoW changed for the worst because of people like you; complaining that they want the game to change in order to cater to their liking instead of just cancelling and choosing another game that was built with such features/dynamics/player-base in mind.    CCP would rather lose your subscription, and gain 3 curious new accounts in your place instead of changing the CORE of the game that has brought them success for 8 years.

-It is way too easy to avoid PVP in EVE.    In my humble (yeah, not so humble I suppose) opinion, a problem that needs addressing is not "it's hard to avoid getting ganked" nearly as much as "There's not enough pvp outside of megacorp BLOB-fest pvp"  --- THAT is what I personally think needs to be 'fixed', but definitely not at the expense of changing their entire core PVP mechanic of it being loss/gain in nature.

my 27 cents

Other space games? where? where? I would really love to know...oh but they need to be able to play on my single core dinosaur :)

• kraziflipkraziflip Member UncommonPosts: 3

Originally posted by lordessedess

-EVE/CCP does not target you or anyone else that wants consentual pvp  for their potential long term audience

-"Want me to come back?"  ...  why would we care?   Send that kind of message to CCP as at least your monthly subscription is something they might want.  Otherwise, who are you really asking?

- WoW changed for the worst because of people like you; complaining that they want the game to change in order to cater to their liking instead of just cancelling and choosing another game that was built with such features/dynamics/player-base in mind.    CCP would rather lose your subscription, and gain 3 curious new accounts in your place instead of changing the CORE of the game that has brought them success for 8 years.

-It is way too easy to avoid PVP in EVE.    In my humble (yeah, not so humble I suppose) opinion, a problem that needs addressing is not "it's hard to avoid getting ganked" nearly as much as "There's not enough pvp outside of megacorp BLOB-fest pvp"  --- THAT is what I personally think needs to be 'fixed', but definitely not at the expense of changing their entire core PVP mechanic of it being loss/gain in nature.

my 27 cents

Other space games? where? where? I would really love to know...oh but they need to be able to play on my single core dinosaur :)

homeworld :p

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

"Want me to come back and play eve?"

Nope.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

So let me get this straight: Instead of making yourself learn the multiple tactics and techniques that exist for avoiding or winning in PvP, preparing yourself and overcoming your enemies, making you a smarter, better game player in general...you want them to hand you an "I don't like people go away" button on a plate?

God helps those who help themselves, and the lazy in Eve Online deserve, and get, jack squat. Personally I hope you DON'T come back to Eve, since you're obviously not capable of handling it and most players don't want to hear you whining about that in the main Eve forums.

Where's the any key?

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

Not the game for you - sorry, that's just how it is.  The pvp-anywhere, always be aware mindset that persists in Eve is what makes it great.  CCP already lost 20% of their employee's implementing worthless features and straying away from the core fundamentals and mechanics of the game.  It'll be a shame if they ever implemented something like what the OP suggests, and they lose the remaining 80% as well.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

Originally posted by Elmoren

Not the game for you - sorry, that's just how it is.  The pvp-anywhere, always be aware mindset that persists in Eve is what makes it great.  CCP already lost 20% of their employee's implementing worthless features and straying away from the core fundamentals and mechanics of the game.  It'll be a shame if they ever implemented something like what the OP suggests, and they lose the remaining 80% as well.

I wholeheartedly agree with you 100%!!!

Where's the any key?

Originally posted by kraziflip

Originally posted by lordessedess

my 27 cents

homeworld :p

Or Sins of a Solar Empire, or Hegemonia: Legions of Iron, or Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, or or or...go look. You'll find plenty.

Where's the any key?