Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare Says: Weekend Testers...No More Game For You.

The following note to Weekend Beta testers can be found on the SWTOR launcher.

“Note to weekend testers: Your phase of the Game Test Program has concluded, and you will no longer be able to play the game.”

Star Wars The Old Republic

Launcher Message

Just thought I'd pass that along.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
Bladezz (The Guild)

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Yep, we'll still have access to the beta forums though which i'm glad for. Means we can keep up to date with whats's being changed and fixed on the run up to launch :)

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by DarkPony

lol

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

I had an awesome time playing it though. Beta was fun...still not happy with the Super Nintendo Starfox reskin space layer though.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

They must have read these forums lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

hmmm is it possibly cuz too many people were seeing how bad this game rly is?? yes YES thats it!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by odinsrath

hmmm is it possibly cuz too many people were seeing how bad this game rly is?? yes YES thats it!

• SoulticeSoultice Member UncommonPosts: 112

The Beta test was fun to a point.  The game was very polished and the actual combat was good.  I felt like I had been there done this before and not sure if I will buy it.  May wait for GW2. 

The quests are annoying when you cannot click and go.  I did enjoy some conversations and they were first class and you got good or evil points.  The newbie areas just take too darn long.  Especially for people that usually know how to use an UI.  I got tired of running all over the place and this was the worst I have ever run around in a noob zone since EQ1.

My son loved it.  To be honest the game is seriously overhyped though.  More of the been there done this already with a different type of universe. 

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Hell there are only two more weekend before early release anyway, not like we have to wait much longer.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Well the thing is, Bioware promised a generic mmorpg and they delivered one near-flawlessly, Problem is, people are sick to death of the world of warcraft-like generic mmorpg.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Siveria

Well the thing is, Bioware promised a generic mmorpg and they delivered one near-flawlessly, Problem is, people are sick to death of the world of warcraft-like generic mmorpg.

The thing is, you are generalizing "people" to a huge degree. I think you would be better served by saying "some people."

I know loads, and loads of people who love themeparks. They are not stupid, nor without taste. They have played them before and continue to like them. Its just what they are into.

I think the problem is, that folks who would normally never play a themepark again are feeling a little butt-hurt because they really want to play a Star Wars MMO, and this is about to be the only show in town. I would feel this way if I hated theme park MMOs.

Meh, they cannot hope to please everyone, and they obviously are not. I doubt they will be as financially successful as they would like, but I am sure this game will stay in the black. I think the ultimate factor that will determine this game's overall longevity. How will it retain folks for the long haul.

Amen!

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Keogh

The following note to Weekend Beta testers can be found on the SWTOR launcher.

“Note to weekend testers: Your phase of the Game Test Program has concluded, and you will no longer be able to play the game.”

Star Wars The Old Republic

Launcher Message

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Sure man, just rub salt in my wounds, why don't ya? 

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Well the thing is, Bioware promised a generic mmorpg and they delivered one near-flawlessly, Problem is, SOME people are sick to death of the world of warcraft-like generic mmorpg.

FIFY.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Back to Minecraft then....

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by odinsrath

Yeah - you keep telling yourself that lol

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

No - I'm just sick of WOW. Throwing a sticky grenade on an enemy NPC and watching them scream trying to take it off before they explode and take their friends with them = WIN

SWTOR just rocks!

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

Hey, 1 man's trash is another man's treasure!

Or using the punish button on Vette is always fun as well!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Originally posted by Biggus99

Well the thing is, Bioware promised a generic mmorpg and they delivered one near-flawlessly, Problem is, SOME people are sick to death of the world of warcraft-like generic mmorpg.

FIFY.

I'd go even further: considering the number of active subscriptions to theme parks vs. sandboxes I would change "some people" to "a tiny iconoclastic group that is disproportionately represented in forums where games are whined about."

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Client update of 97mb

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Naral

Hell there are only two more weekend before early release anyway, not like we have to wait much longer.

Whew, only 16 more days of the hyperbolic complaining?  Oh, darn it.

Wait--with WoW it lasted at least a couple of years after launch!  We're saved!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

They can go back to MW3 and BF3 then.

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by Iselin

Originally posted by Biggus99

FIFY.

I'd go even further: considering the number of active subscriptions to theme parks vs. sandboxes I would change "some people" to "a tiny iconoclastic group that is disproportionately represented in forums where games are whined about."

This.

No more weekend test actually is good because I wasn't able to stop playing, thus increasing the amount of content to be repeated.

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Hey, the beta ended last night. Right now i want to be playing the game. If you feel like i do, then Bioware has done their job at making a immersive and fun mmorpg. If tomorrow and the next day and the following after that you still feel this way, even though you can come here and say the game is this or that and give a negative opinion, then you are not being honest with yourself about how the game had a more positive impact.